autolumination [Archive] - Hyundai Elantra Forum

: autolumination

golfino
01-02-2006, 06:01 PM
Well, I ordered Red 194s and 74s for the guage cluster, these looked good. Then the HU I bought has blue so I decided to order Blue 194s and 74s. First they sent me the hyper white instead of Blue, had to send them back , then they sent me some Blue ones, Very dim blue light nothing impressive, now 30 days later, there is hardly a hint of blue left on my dash, they are almost white. So I sent them a nice email and told them to check on their QC because, I know of a few other folks that are not too thrilled about the quality of their products. I will let you know if they respond back. BTW I went to Wally World bought some 194Bs when I plug these in They look Green, and then I bought some from AutoZone same thing they look Green, so I went back to a red dash, I will just have to find a HU with a red screen. unbeleivable, so after $50 in bulbs I still dont have a Blue Dash. ( after all the times I had to change the bulbs I can now take the dash apart blindfolded)

Mod, I dont know if this should be here or in the flame section feel free to move it. Thanks

BColeman
01-02-2006, 06:08 PM
The Kenwood CD player that came standard in the 04 GT's had a color changing option. The buttons could be changed from Green to Red and back. Then the LCD screen could change like 14 or 15 different colors, several shades of red were available.

Kenwood also made this CD player for the General Public, minus the Hyundai Logo, and the unit was completely black, it had like gray trim around it. I'm sure you could still find this unit. Check into Crutchfield. If you do have success, just list the HU you've got now right here and I'm sure it will sell.

Good luck, and sorry for you bad luck with finding LED's...

Vampyrate
01-02-2006, 11:01 PM
ive ordered from autolumination and so far only 3 bulbs of mine are still blue, the rest are a purplish color, but i really dont care, the red ones are holding up, and i mostly order the wedge leds from them

03SilverBullet
01-02-2006, 11:05 PM
EDIT....

CornbreadXD
01-02-2006, 11:28 PM
I've had no problems with them before but, he switched leds or something because the quality has gone down and the bulbs arn't the exact same size. I used a bulb that I recently ordered in my other car and it wouldn't fit but the same size bulb that I bought for the XD in March fits fine. I emailed him about it before and he said he wasn't aware of a difference. (194 wedge matrix)

paki
01-02-2006, 11:31 PM
well from his avatar you can see his car is an 04/05.. so those 01-03 ones will not work. several threads discuss the difference between them, the main one being that the 04/05 ones are a 3-d type gauge.

03SilverBullet
01-02-2006, 11:34 PM
well from his avatar you can see his car is an 04/05.. so those 01-03 ones will not work. several threads discuss the difference between them, the main one being that the 04/05 ones are a 3-d type gauge.
**** im sorry I didnt see that he had a 04-05. I know the difference, I will edit that, haha.

korai9989
01-03-2006, 12:15 AM
does anybody know where to get good bulbs?

carbonman
01-03-2006, 02:16 AM
I haven't ordered from him in a long time. But have ordered from him many times in the past with nothing but good products and service

Gun5
01-03-2006, 02:42 AM
3 of my lights from them blew the **** out right whne i turned the **** on, put the extra bulbs i ordered in it worked fine

OPZ
01-03-2006, 04:53 PM
Actually I guess now I can get around to mentioning it. My gauges (2001) are now pretty much white/light green/blue. At first they were a nice dark blue, but I really, really, REALLY dont want to go back to that damn green.

GodisintheTV
01-03-2006, 05:06 PM
ive never had a single problem with autolumination or their bulbs ive ordered from them like 4-5 times, this is weird. did they start sucking recently or what?

05xd
01-03-2006, 06:43 PM
I've never had any problems with the bulbs that I bought from them.I bought many spares,so im not worried if something does happen

Vampyrate
01-17-2006, 11:21 PM
i ordered their neon blue headlights (high and low beams) on friday, and on saturday i had an email telling me that they would be shipping today because of the holiday. great service so far, and cant wait for the bulbs to get in. only $17 for the entire purchase so its not like im losing much if they suck

Gun5
01-18-2006, 01:01 AM
have bought many things from them A+++ service very fast shippin and nicely priced

OPZ
01-18-2006, 04:20 PM
Yea, thier service and prices are amazing...i just wanan know why my gauge is like, 3 colors now... :(

hyunelan2
01-18-2006, 04:24 PM
It seems like the people with problems orderd colored incandescent bulbs. Colored incand. bulbs of any brand will suck after some time. The heat generated by an incand. bulb will fade the coloring on the glass. Plastic diffusers (sometimes called bulb-condoms) are a good way to get around this - that is what the Elantra GLS uses to get the OEM green. When replacing bulbs, a quality LED is the only way to ensure non-fading of colors.