Southern Ontario [Archive] - Hyundai Elantra Forum

: Southern Ontario

robs02elantra
01-13-2006, 12:54 AM
Hey all.

Quiz for Doug. Would anyone in southern ontario be up for a meet and greet sometime? I know, it's winter (9 deg. here the other day...no snow), and people have their stock steelies on the car and their mods off in the garage. Doesn't mean that we aren't allowed to hang out and say hey. I've got no idea when, or even where. There are a few members in Burlington/Mississagua/Toronto areas and a couple down this way as well. I'd make the drive (heck, I made the drive to take my wife to see Brian Adams...this would be so much better)

If people could start letting me know in here whether a s.ontario meet would be plausable and who might show up, and then we can start working out when and where.

DFW Texans are having a monthly meet...why don't we

robs02elantra
01-16-2006, 07:56 PM
Ok, BUMP.
Come on guys. Look outside, SNOW...oh yeah it's the great white north...

let's have a meet sometime.

JacksonJ
01-16-2006, 08:39 PM
Sorry, but I have a wife and 2 babies. Getting away for a meet is something I can't do right now. I mean @ Hyundai Sunday which was only 1 min up the road from me, I could only attend for 1 and 1/2 hours and I had to bring my 2 year old with me which wasn't fun.

XTRAWLD
01-18-2006, 07:55 PM
Umm, no, I ain't standing around my car chatting in -20 degree weather lol, and these days, I'd be commuting a decent distance to where ever it's held, in a filthy car that hasn't seen a wash since September.

robs02elantra
01-18-2006, 09:53 PM
It hasn't hit -20 yet this winter, and it's already halfway through January. Has to be one of the mildest winters on record. Apart from that, I'm apparently not Canadian enough to be let into the country on a permanent basis, but I'm willing to chat it up in winter because I don't care. Freaking government not recognizing things that should be the actual requirements to immigrate (hockey scar on my eyebrow, tolerance for cold, moving here from warm temperatures...)

Well, nobody wants to meet. I'll just have to drive up to Ottawa and meet with the people up there.