Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

Help Please! Short Ram?

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  vabeach_03 
#1 ·
I just got my ebay bought 94-97 accord "short ram" in the mail today but the pipe looks waaay too long. Is this just an illusion or is the pipe really too long, because i don't see how i can fit it in the engine bay. do I need to cut it? It looks like I need to cut it. Someone help me please :(

p.s. dont mind my ground wires I put them on with 2 hours of sleep, i'll fix them later ;)

See less See more
#2 ·
Dude I think you ordered a Cold Air intake ahahaha no seriously I think you did! Did you look at pictures first before you bought it??

#4 ·
i looked at the pic and it seemed long but it was described as a short ram and the title of the auction was short ram

#6 ·
Hey there.... so yes you orederd a Cold air intake the one most of us have used for our setup.

what you can do is Cut the tube 3" after the Vacume tube and you'll have your self a short ram intake. Honestly tho id just make it in to a Cold air intake especialy if you live in a hot Climate.. you'll get more Hp that way.

heres a coupple pics from my cars

First one is from my Accent which i had a small hoodscoup in the front which allowed alot more cooler air in to my frontmounted intake. tho still basicly a short ram.

This next one is the same intake you have but i belive yours is 2.5" where mine is and was 3" which = very Tight Fit and a bit of lag from 1000-2500rpm

This next one is a Prelude intake 3 peice works good but alittle tight as in a tiny bit short but it works i'm still useing this setup

Hope these images help you alittle if my digi cam still worked i would have taken a coupple of just the tubes to show you what the short ram would look like after being cut. if anyone else has pics like that it might help everyone out.

JC

#7 ·
Ok I'll have to do a cut for a short ram the inlet is 3", does it matter if it close to the battery? I don't want it hitting the battery but I want to place it where I can get the coldest air and I don't have hood spacers so I'd think the coldest air would come from the nose of the car.
BTW
I live in Cleveland OH and it won't stay hot for long, do the intakes hold up at all in the winter? Because up here winter is a PITA I'd be worried about salt and dirty ice water getting into a CAI.

#8 ·
Your intake will hold up in winter. i had my short ram on for the week i was in wisconsin during a huge ice storm this winter.

what i did is just line up the pipe to the TB and take a marker and mark a spot to cut. just cut it long so you can trim it back if needed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.