Cut-Off then Brake Checked [Archive] - Hyundai Elantra Forum

: Cut-Off then Brake Checked

dragonfighter60
07-12-2004, 01:39 AM
I was driving through a nearby city the other day when out of nowhere this crazy idiot comes flying across 2 lanes of dense traffic RIGHT into MY lane right in front of me as the coming stoplight was turning yellow, she was close enough that if she had kept on driving she would have went right through the yellow light. (long yellow time)

BUT NOOOOO. She locks up her brakes (were doing 40-45) I SLAM on mine and swerve into a nearby turn lane and the person that was behind my slammed on their brakes. So there I am in the middle of an intersection, front calipers BOTH still locked in position and Im just trying to get out of the intesection with my brakes stuck on needless to say it was a pain. It didn't help that the light was green for oncoming traffic and i slid all the way into the middle of the intersection. I was barely on my side of the traffic.

My light finally turns green and i got through and pulled over. (slowly, 20mph at 4000 rpms overtourqing the brakes.) Had to pump the brakes like 20 times before the calipers released. In all this, the woman had the audacity to give ME the FINGER!!!!! Needless to say, I was ticked. (I was too worried about getting my brakes unlocked though to do anything stupid. Thankfully.)

Sorry for being longwinded but i just needed to get that out.

watson80
07-12-2004, 09:45 AM
thats ok let it out man. Whatta ho....damn stupid idiot drivers. People like that need drug out of the car and hit with a brick

billydog
07-12-2004, 12:53 PM
thats why i wanted to install machine guns and rocket launchers on my car :Blasting_ :bang: :angryfire

XTRAWLD
07-12-2004, 03:30 PM
Holy....reflexes like a cat sounds like though. I hate people like that.....why they come into my lane, in front of me for no reason when their lane is clear and they are not trying to move over to turn any time soon is beyond me.

alexnkylie
07-12-2004, 10:07 PM
I would have to agree with extra, you must have some quick reflexes. And it is a good thing you did not rear end her. It would of been impossible to prove that she was the idiot.

dragonfighter60
07-12-2004, 10:32 PM
I felt like apoligizing to my car after going through that. Although I have to give my 01 GLS some credit because it doesn't have all that good of brake pads but still managed to get me out of that mess.I do believe thay have about 50,500mi on them.

I thought they were roasted for sure but they still work good for now. Rotors arent warped thankfully. (at least no signs of it) All in all I would say the Elantra did very well in that situation.

A cavi would NEVER have been able to pull that ;)