Dkn 2004 [Archive] - Hyundai Elantra Forum

: Dkn 2004

dangahboi
07-12-2004, 03:48 PM
I will be attending Darknights this year (even with all my trailer damage) :(
As far as I know, XTRAWLD (https://www.elantraxd.com/forums/member.php?u=14) will be attending as well.
Anybody else planning to attend?

Steve
07-12-2004, 04:35 PM
I'll probably be there on Saturday to take a look around.

carbonman
07-12-2004, 04:40 PM
will be walking around on Sat too

dangahboi
07-13-2004, 08:43 AM
Steve, carbonman:
If you guys get the chance, stop by the team evo booth to say hello. Me,my gf, and my ride will be there all day

Steve
07-13-2004, 08:59 AM
Right on

carbonman
07-13-2004, 09:26 AM
oklie doklie

canadianshark74
07-13-2004, 09:27 AM
I will be showing at Darknights

XTRAWLD
07-13-2004, 12:05 PM
I'm attendin'

canadianshark74
07-19-2004, 08:34 AM
I would like to say, congratulations to dangahboi, who won 1st place in the "Hyundai Other" category at Darknights. His car is amazing, he has put a ton of time and money into the car. He defineately desereved the win. The competition was fierce in that class. I wouldn't have wanted to be a judge in that class.

Awesome job dangahboi

JacksonJ
07-19-2004, 09:27 AM
WTG Dangahboi

Steve
07-19-2004, 09:51 AM
Nice work Dangahboi! Unfortunately I didn't make it down, none of my friends were to interested in going down on Saturday, though I heard one of my friends may have entered his Prelude.

dangahboi
07-19-2004, 10:32 AM
Thanks guys!
I am happy about the win. Especially since I probably won't be competing anymore in shows.
I'm trying to get my car race ready for the end of this year, or beginning of next year.
I'll be racing her only for now on. Representing elantra's on the track.

I also want to send a congrat's to XTRAWLD, I was really impressed by her ride, and I think she was unfairly judged. But its all good, the real people who can appreciate your ride know how amazing it is. You'll get em next time. :bowdown: :D

XTRAWLD
07-19-2004, 11:15 AM
Thank you, thank you......you did awesome Justin!

carbonman
07-19-2004, 12:17 PM
I think she was unfairly judged

How so??

Kudos to all you that entered though, very well done!!

dangahboi
07-19-2004, 12:58 PM
Well, its just my opinion, but I believe you have to take in the overall vibe of the car when you judge the mods they have.
If someone has loaded there car with mods, but they don't function, or are not installed properly, or look out-of-place, and another person has fewer mods, but a better setup, then the better setup deserves to win (within reason of course).
That said, the guy who came 3rd (who was a pretty cool guy) was in the line with me and xtrawld and canadianshark74, and he told us he had hardly anything done (subs, deck, mids, interior paint, covers, no bodykit, no engine work).
But I'm not complaining for xtrawld, I'm merely stating what I think happend.
Regardless, her car rocks. :thumbsup:
On the whole, the competition was stiff though.. I honestly thought I might not place at all if my judge didn't listen to my mods. Sometimes your lucky and sometimes you arent I guess. I've been doing this for 3 years now, and have been stiffed at a couple shows myself, but it happens. You just have to use it as encourgement to make your ride better.

XTRAWLD
07-19-2004, 01:16 PM
Well, this is what happened when I was judged....so you guys can gather your own opinions.

Drive in on Sunday.
Question asked by judge - "were you judged yesterday"
Response by me - "no"
Action by judge - "ok, pull over here and we'll do it right now"
Response by me - "right here, right now, I just got here, can I at least take my stuff out of the car" - I had bags of food, clothes, car cleaning stuff on the seats.
Judge - "ok"

I stop, get out, take stuff out of car and leave doors open as I go around.
Judge - "Can you pop the hood please?"
I pop the hood and prop it open and I continue to go around the car and pull stuff out (I had a tupperware container on one seat in the back, a cooler on the floor in the back and a bag on the other side of the seat in the back.)
Judge - "what kind of suspension do you have"
Me - "fully adjustable quest coilovers"
Judge - "any exhaust?"
Me - catback Remus exhaust - I reach for my list to hand to the judge, while still getting stuff out
Judge comes closer to my car (he was standing about 10 feet away in front of it.
Judge walks by my hand with the list
Judge - "any audio?"
Me - "yes, pioneer deck"
Judge looks in.
Me - "kaption inside, and rockford subs, amps and cap"
Judge didn't even look in the trunk that was open just passed by.
Judge - "ok you are done"
Me - "that's it? did you get my neon lighting?"
Judge had already moved on to the car behind me.....
I packed up and left.

I swear to all of you - for 3 mins he looked at my car. Had I not have mentioned the deck, he would not even have looked in my interior. What if this was the first GT he ever saw? Would he be able to tell that I didn't have new face gauges as opposed to what is stock - the guy didn't even look inside. Just silly...that's all. Did he want to hear the stereo and that it could compete with the best there is there? I think if he would have spent a little time looking a little more at the car it would have been good....did he notice my c/f mirror covers? Did he even see the freakin' kit or ask about it...did he know it was painted a different color?

I'm not taking anything away from the people that did place in that category because their cars are great. Just would have been nice to have been judged fairly. Perhaps a judge should have come around to judge all Hyundais - be segregated to that category until it is complete, perhaps they shouldn't have judged sponsored cars against individuals, perhaps they screwed around all on Saturday and didn't have enough time to spend on Sunday.

Too many if's to worry about...it's done. I knew as soon as I parked my car after it was judged that I wasn't fairly treated, I felt it and was upset. But I tried to put it away for the day and not let it bother me. I enjoyed my weekend, met lots of people, had a potential job offer lined up, all sorts of things. It was a great experience to be a part of a show I have been attending as a spectator for the past 5 years.

More info about the events of the show - Linky (https://www.elantraxd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1724)