anyone here race kart? [Archive] - Hyundai Elantra Forum

: anyone here race kart?

yahoo1z
07-07-2006, 02:18 PM
i am thinking about getting into karting, if anyone has experience, tell me everything about it. how to get started? what do i need? how much do i need? where to go? thanks alot

Igor
07-07-2006, 05:21 PM
How much money you got? :) place to store it, a trailer, a car to tow the trailer, plus track fees, a used kart will run you anywere from $500 to .... plus the helmet, gloves, suite, boots , tires, because you will need to change them often :) and much more

FordFasteRR
07-07-2006, 05:36 PM
I know a guy who used to race when he was younger. His dad was an engine builder and he would win very often...

From what he said you will need to:

1. rebuild the motor very often, this can get pricey without lots of tools and your own shop with a press to install new cylinders into the block... + tons of other tools.

2. tires. lots of tires.

3. welding equipment, to fix the frame and make repairs and upgrades.

4. lots of gear. full body leather suit, helmet, gloves, boots.

5. truck or trailer to haul the thing + lots of gear and tools to the race track.

6. a nearby race track.

7. money. Lots of money to keep the thing running =)

jyfgt
07-08-2006, 04:51 AM
there are a few indoor kart racing facilities where i live. they are fun to do once in a while. if you want to get into it then i suggest (if there is one in your area) go to it and try it out. see how it is and if u like it. it is pretty fun. the karts at the place i went to go up to 40mph. the handling is quick and super responisve. when i got bak in my lantra i kept taking corners too fast. kart racing is fun. check it out.

burkej62
07-08-2006, 09:56 PM
Shifter karts . Buddy o mine has one with a 250 cc dayum thing goes . it goes big time . Cheg it out