HD Elantra Related [Archive] - Hyundai Elantra Forum

: HD Elantra Related

Seinster
09-22-2006, 09:03 AM
Well I saw today that the new HD Elantra is on Hyundai Australia's website. Order yourself a couple of brochures today! :D
http://www.hyundai.com.au/elantra/
I don't know how long it's been up, but I was suprised at the range we get.
There's lot of options, yet not enough.
I love the look now, call me crazy, but the side-on shots remind me of the BMW 3 series!

In base model to higher in ascending order:
Elantra SX - $19,990 Manual
Elantra SLX - $24,490 Manual/Auto
Elantra Elite - $24,990 Manual
Elantra Elite S - Manual N/A!!!! :mad:

I was hoping that in around 5 years time I could pick up a second-hand or dealer-demo Elite S, but considering there is no manual tranny, there is no way I could unless I buy it new, and get it custom made (like ElantraElite did) which I'll never do, so in conclusion, long live the XD/XD2's!

robs02elantra
09-22-2006, 12:09 PM
you guys get the white HD down there...sweet. I haven't seen that on the Canada website yet...and apparently they aren't getting it in the states.

ElantraElite
09-27-2006, 08:06 PM
I got the brochure a couple of weeks ago ... here is a link to it from EClub

http://www.elantraclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=10911

j0hnh0lmes
09-27-2006, 08:09 PM
you guys suck...lol can't wait till they come to the Good U.S. of A.

robs02elantra
09-27-2006, 09:28 PM
ok, called the local dealership to find out about some parts for the clutch job...they have three new HD's there now so I'm going out for a test drive when I pick up my parts.

Munky
09-27-2006, 09:32 PM
The US always gets screwed when it comes to pretty much anything.

Although with Bush in office I'm not surprised.

silversharkXD2
09-27-2006, 09:40 PM
Uh, did you see any lancer evolutions, wrx imprezas, skylines (not out yet but coming), turbo charged neons or any of the other great cars out now while clinton was in office? Bush isn't perfect, but its tree hugging democrats that bring you wonderful things like designer gasolines and CARB legal turbo kits that equate to a watered down version of a real kit.
rendell is trying to mimic california's emisions crap right now in PA. I hope he gets impeached for something if that one passes.

Seinster
09-28-2006, 04:28 PM
Thanks Dean,
Much appreciated.

|2oo
09-29-2006, 08:58 AM
i got my speacil invite to come to the launch of the new elantra at my local dealer i will take her for a test drive and see how she goes

hyunelan2
09-29-2006, 09:58 AM
Uh, did you see any lancer evolutions, wrx imprezas, skylines (not out yet but coming), turbo charged neons or any of the other great cars out now while clinton was in office?

That's got nothing to do with anything. The current administration hasn't 'undone' any laws/regulations that were passed by previous administrations - they just haven't made any new, sticter ones. It is the advancement of technology producing better vehicles, not the reduction of control.

silversharkXD2
09-29-2006, 05:20 PM
i realize that....but his exact comments were that nothing good comes to the US because of bush. my point is that nothing good was here (as far as cars go) during clinton that has come during bush. Pay attention to the post. I didnt say it was because of bush.

Seinster
10-05-2006, 08:32 AM
Saw my first HD today in person. It was a rental car in silver. Obviously the SX model.
I've gotta say that after seeing it in person, I really don't like it. It is way too bubbleshaped IMHO.
It's good though that Hyundai has continued its rental sales of elantra's.
More $$$ for Hyundai = More $$$ for me. :D

robs02elantra
10-05-2006, 08:45 AM
I went out to the dealership yesterday to pick up some parts. Had a good look around the 6 different models they had. The sticker on the windows says 47mpg on the highway??! is that true?

Seinster
10-05-2006, 09:11 AM
Well over here we have only an average city & highway combined test (ADR 81/01) to go by, and the manual tranny gets 7.4L/100km.
That's approx. 32mpg.
47mpg sounds a bit optimistic to me.

robs02elantra
10-05-2006, 09:13 AM
yeah, that's what I was thinking