: Beware of what lurks in the darkness

SWortham
09-28-2006, 11:21 AM
I woke up in the middle of the night lastnight and I spotted something behind my pillow. It was very dark in my room so I couldn't tell what it was. But I moved backwards and it moved towards me. I thought to myself, "OK, it must be a rat or a mouse or something, great." I just about freaked out not knowing what it was. I was about to jump out of bed trying to get away from it. And then I realized it was my own hand. Apparently I had been sleeping on my arm and had cut off all the circulation to it so I couldn't even feel it or be cognizant of its whereabouts. Don't I feel stupid -- afraid of my own hand.

hyunelan2
09-28-2006, 11:23 AM
bwahahahaha... this is the funniest thing I've read in a long time!

fifthgear
09-28-2006, 11:25 AM
Hahaha. I've woken up with my hand/arm dead and I freaked just because I thought I lost all nerve contact by doing something odd in my sleep.

BobMs_wht2k2
09-28-2006, 11:25 AM
Dang steve! Lay off the . . . oh wait, you don't use that "stuff". . .

Man that is funny!

robs02elantra
09-28-2006, 11:26 AM
hahaha, this gets my vote for best thread ever. I've done that before, and it feels really stupid!

BIGROB
09-28-2006, 11:35 AM
OMG...i jus got *****ed at by my boss bc i laughed too loud, damn quiet cubicle rooms!... oh man!.. lmao that was great....thank you! and i agree, this gets the best thread ever vote, if there is one... lol

exsailor
09-28-2006, 01:20 PM
No feeling in your hand would be like having a new girlfriend :)

j0hnh0lmes
09-28-2006, 01:29 PM
YEP.....I've done that b4 too.....not exactly how you explained it...but yep, been there felt like an idiot.

Munky
09-28-2006, 02:11 PM
I think we've ALL done that at one point or another.

The one I hate is when your legs somehow get the circulation cut off, and when you get out of bed and try to stand, you drop faster than Enron stock.

BobMs_wht2k2
09-28-2006, 02:12 PM
Or when you are reading on the pot and you feel the tinglies in your feet and realize it's too late and you walk all funny because you're butts asleep too. . .

Hey Steve-o, watch out for the deadly attack foot tonight!

Munky
09-28-2006, 02:13 PM
Or when you are reading on the pot and you feel the tinglies in your feet and realize it's too late and you walk all funny because you're butts asleep too. . .

Hey Steve-o, watch out for the deadly attack foot tonight!

HAHA! That's awesome

Cypher
09-28-2006, 02:48 PM
LOL steve! thast great man. i don't ever freak out like that. I have woken up and just thrown my arm over the side of the bed to get the feeling back.

BobMs_wht2k2
09-28-2006, 02:56 PM
I don't get nervous unless one or both of the dogs are acting nuts. . . then it's .45 and flashlight in hand before my head ever leaves the pillow.

SWortham
09-28-2006, 03:39 PM
I've woken up before when one of my arms hasn't but nothing quite like this before. Needless to say, I wasn't exactly thinking clearly, heheh.

Ugzz
09-28-2006, 04:16 PM
i just started reading off topic a few weeks ago.. im so glad i did hahaha

ok, now go back in time and restart the thread in all out story mode:

I was awoken in the middle of the night. I caught a glimpse of something out of place, - i peered upward, my eyes out of focus - the blurry figure grew larger and large as my focus regained, my heard began to race... etc
- you get the point :D

OPZ
09-28-2006, 04:50 PM
I woke up with my arm numb before, but in order to try and get feeling back, for some strange reason i felt lifting it up would be a good idea...well...i deffinantly punched myself in the face...hard...

punkrocker3_00
09-28-2006, 04:57 PM
I woke up with my arm numb before, but in order to try and get feeling back, for some strange reason i felt lifting it up would be a good idea...well...i deffinantly punched myself in the face...hard...

LOL dumb Emo kid, LOL

j/k

Ugzz
09-28-2006, 08:47 PM

its 8:45 pm and im alone in my house.. laughing my *** off hehe

Cypher
09-29-2006, 12:01 AM
ever woken up with both your arms numbs? lol i have and had to flop around on my bed like a fish to get both arms off to the side to get feeling back.

paki
09-29-2006, 01:44 AM
LMAO.. best thread ever!

Soron
09-29-2006, 03:53 AM
ever woken up with both your arms numbs? lol i have and had to flop around on my bed like a fish to get both arms off to the side to get feeling back.

I have, except for me I had to race outta bed to take a leak only to find out I cant use either of my arms lol!

OPZ
09-29-2006, 08:17 AM
Thats when you pray your good with spacial awareness and take a chance...

SuperGLS
09-29-2006, 10:46 PM
I have to say, this has never happened to me and I sleep on my arm every night. Hmm. It does sound scary though, I'd freak out if I thought there was a rat in my bed.

100% free webcam site! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=0) | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=2) | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3 (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=4)

burkej62
09-29-2006, 11:38 PM
I like to read on the pot and my damn feet fall asleep seemingly as soon as my royal rear meets the seat

zx2uner
09-29-2006, 11:44 PM
my brother was sleeping on the couch one time and the phone rang....he quickly woke up and his legs were asleep...needless to say he was trying to make his legs do something that they weren't ready to do and he fell flat on his face and his chin and right side of his face had a nasty rug burn.

You would not believe how much **** he got from all of us...rug burn...lol

slow 2K2GT
09-30-2006, 01:13 AM
I did this once before too, but I was on my back and laying on my right arm behind my head, I had to scratch my eye and all of a sudden I felt this hand. I had to look around to see if there was someone else in bed with me, nope like you turned out it was me.