Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

Please Help!!!

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Hot E GT1 
#1 ·
Hallo!

I just changed my multi-function trip computer display to blue but now my temp, tach and speedo aren't working. How can I fix this?

Please Help!!!!

Hot E GT1!

#4 ·
Hallo!

Everything seems to be connected and locked properly. Yes, the fuel gauge still works. As does the MFTP. And I checked the fuse. It's still good. I'm thinking that maybe it had something to do with pulling the needles off.

Thanks!
Hot E GT1

#5 ·
that could be it, or the microcontroller could have been shorted. all the gauges are controlled by the same microcontroller inside the controller, so other than that, it may be that the needles have caused the gauges to jam. what did you do to switch the color? LEDs? doesn't the multi funciton gauge use surface mount LEDs? is it possible you shorted something?

#6 ·
Hallo!

To change the color, I replaced the LCD's back light filter. The multi function gauge LCD on 04 Elantra's is back light by 3 LED's. Between the LED's and the LCD screen, there is a yellowish-green filter. I removed this filter and replaced it with a blue one. This way, during the day, the LCD looks stock. But when the lights are turned on, it glows blue. I don't know what I did wrong! I guess I could have shorted something out. Maybe I'll tear it all apart again tomorrow. If not, I'm going to a dealer on Tuesday.

Thanks!
Hot E GT1!

#7 ·
My car has this same exact problem. I go in circles with Hyundai. Corporate said they'd call my area manager to get them to fix it but I doubt it will matter. The guy at corp didn't acknowledge the recall for enterprise or that there was even a problem. A site http://www.elantraairbag.com catalogues news stories, has links to national safely and class action lawyers. Visit that site and file complaints and post on that board to hopefully get Hyundai to do something.

-Tim

#8 ·
Hallo!

Finally got my cluster changed. And it was changed under warranty! Bonus!! I don't know if I want to try changing the MFD colour on this one, it may not be re-placed under warranty the next time I mess it up.

Later!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.