new member [Archive] - Hyundai Elantra Forum

: new member

elantrachic
11-08-2006, 08:39 PM
Hey, I'm Rhiannon, I'm from Canberra and have a 2002 elantra I'm doing up!
see you round

4mynikka
11-08-2006, 10:00 PM
Welcome to the site, any pics, and how have you 'done up' your car so far?

robs02elantra
11-08-2006, 10:01 PM
Rhiannon, you don't happen to have a friend named Tessa do you?

Seinster
11-08-2006, 11:56 PM
Welcome to the site Rhiannon, there's heaps of inspiration and knowledge here!
Post some pics if you can. :thumbsup:
Obligatory questions: What color, transmission, sedan or hatch?

elantrachic
11-09-2006, 10:38 PM
hey,
its a manual, hatch and 'mystic teal' according to hyundai (more a really dark bluey green). I've put a sports exhaust on it, side skirts, spoiler, bonnet scoop and a new stereo, sub etc. At the moment all the photos of my car are too big to put up but i'll try making them smaller. I want to get more power out of the car but not too sure how to do it at this stage and I'd like to have the exhaust going the whole way through not just the muffler and I'd really like to find some different tail lights but I don't think they exist. :( Anyway i'll go and find some photos to put up!!!
I know a few people called tessa i don't have any close friends called tessa though sorry

I found some photos taken outside a friends house i've put them into the gallery section!!!
if you think of anything i can do to improve it let me know... thanks :cool:

jh0n
11-09-2006, 10:53 PM
Looks good mate. Ever think about a set of Getz or LC2 Accent side markers, or in Australian, blinkers for the mudguards? They are the same only white / clear and I got a some new from my dealer for 30 bucks or so. Just a thought. Very easy to fit, takes minutes.

Seinster
11-10-2006, 01:56 AM
mudguards john? ;)
Yeah some white side indicators on the fenders would be good. Maybe some tint as well?
You can get the 2004-2006 model tail lights they're the only other option at the moment, see:
http://images.carsales.com.au/dealer/carsales/5317115.jpg
Regarding more power, the car responds very well to the I/H/E (Intake, Headers [Extractors], & Exhaust) formula.
Have a read of this if you haven't already:
https://www.elantraxd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4934
It's FordFaster's "7 whp & 14 ft.lb wtq DIY"

robs02elantra
11-10-2006, 02:10 AM
that's ok, a great friend of mine from school in Canberra was a Tessa, and had a friend named Rhianna or Rhiannon...I only met her a few times, so I never really remembered which variation it was, just thought I would check anyway.

It's cool that you're from Canberra. Where are you in Canberra. I used to live in Monash, then I moved to Calwell (where my sister currently lives with her husband).

Anyway, WELCOME TO THE GROUP!

alienman
11-10-2006, 02:12 AM
i love your side skirts and lip kit... that looks hot.... I want something like that for my car...Once all the snow is gone that is....

elantrachic
11-10-2006, 02:57 AM
Thanks everyone, i'll definately look into clear indicators and tint i just don't know where to take it so it doesn't end up all bubbly... I have thought about getting the 2004 lights i just don't know if they will sell them to me for an 02.
I live in Bruce so over the otherside.
Which school did you go to?

extremeaudiowa
11-10-2006, 03:10 AM
Buy the lights online

THats what i did. I went through shark racing and had no major issues. got headlights, fog lights & tail lights.

Took a little while to get but they fit perfectly

jh0n
11-10-2006, 04:45 AM
The side indicators your dealer could have next day, if ya lucky ( mine did ) Not to discourage you from buying stuff from Korea, I have and it all went well. As for ` mudguards` Seiny, I call a head unit ` the wireless` true story..

robs02elantra
11-10-2006, 08:15 AM
I went to Covenant College...(insert laugh here)

aussieXD2
11-10-2006, 08:27 AM
Hey elantrachic, what spoiler is that you have? It looks good. Im also from Canberra, maybe you have seen me driving around.
https://www.elantraxd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18878

elantrachic
11-11-2006, 12:31 AM
I haven't heard to much about convenant college! i know roughly where it is and thats about it.
I was thinking i might head down to the dealer on monday and see what i can find... i don't think i could take waiting for the post if i didn't want to but there are a few other things i'm looking at from sharkracing.
does anyone know roughly how much i should expect to pay for tinting? i want it dark but still legal.
hey aussieXD2 its the 2002 spoiler the one that was available from hyundai before your model came out, i like the spoilers that came out with yours i was thinking of swapping. are you north side or south?? you weren't parked at UC a couple of weeks ago were you? i swear i parked next to a car identical to yours!!!

beeman
11-11-2006, 01:35 AM
Loved the skirts.........
side skirts i.e :D

aussieXD2
11-11-2006, 02:04 AM
I haven't heard to much about convenant college! i know roughly where it is and thats about it.
I was thinking i might head down to the dealer on monday and see what i can find... i don't think i could take waiting for the post if i didn't want to but there are a few other things i'm looking at from sharkracing.
does anyone know roughly how much i should expect to pay for tinting? i want it dark but still legal.
hey aussieXD2 its the 2002 spoiler the one that was available from hyundai before your model came out, i like the spoilers that came out with yours i was thinking of swapping. are you north side or south?? you weren't parked at UC a couple of weeks ago were you? i swear i parked next to a car identical to yours!!!

I live south side but im a student at UC. 1st year BIT & Commerce. WOW, what are the odds??? I got my tinting done at a place in Philip:
http://yellowpages.com.au/onlineSolution_moreInfo.do?z=302606&iblName=Top+Cat+Sunroofs+and+Window+Tinting&iblId=4406173&authToken=10ed5d2cab3%7Cffa536903c70c88aeba09f3315 814115&st=cs
They charged me $250 and that was 35%, darkest legal. Definately worth it!

elantrachic
11-12-2006, 02:33 AM
thanks i'll definately look into the tinting now i have somewhere who will do a good job, thats not a bad price either. i'm 3rd year tourism management i was going to a leadership exam, i was really happy when i saw your car coz i didn't know anyone else was doing one up in Canberra

aussieXD2
11-12-2006, 06:13 AM
I've seen a couple of done up elantra's around canberra but I dont think they know about elantraxd.com, pity really.

robs02elantra
11-12-2006, 08:58 AM
its a good thing I'm not a mod, or else I would have to put an end to this thread, it's making me homesick!!

elantrachic
11-13-2006, 05:05 PM
how long since you lived here? i have a friend that moved to america after year 12 but he misses it here so he is trying to move back next year.
yeah i've seen a few with body kits but thats it, i saw a black NSW one the other day with the nicest wheels i wanna know where they came from

robs02elantra
11-13-2006, 08:10 PM
the quick recap...

born in Adelaide in 1983, moved to Darwin, then back to Adelaide, then to Gove (near Darwin) and then to Canberra. Lived in Canberra from 88 until 91, then we moved to NoVA and lived there till 96. 96-99 were back in Canberra again. 99-02 in Canada. 02-Nov04 was in Canberra, Nov04-May05 was in England and May05-November06 has been spent moving around Southern Ontario...

I like your car, looks really nice. Keep up the good work

elantrachic
11-13-2006, 09:22 PM
Wow sounds like you've had a great time, i'd love to travel that much! thanks for the compliment about the car but after seeing yours i wish i'd chosen the white one, the wheels look great

robs02elantra
11-13-2006, 09:52 PM
thanks. I need to get the wheels re-finished, there's some kerb rash going on. I like the body kit though. I've been thinking about that sometime in the future, but I'll have to get a car for my wife before I do that. Anyway, again, well done with the car. What are your future plans for the car?

Jlivan
11-14-2006, 08:15 PM
Welcome Rhiannon! It's good to see another girl car enthusiast on the forum! Can't wait to see pics of the elantra!

elantrachic
11-15-2006, 06:28 PM
What are your future plans for the car?

I'm not sure at this stage i want to get the windows tinted and clear indicators and add some more power but i've been told it might not be worth adding more power to so i don't know... what do you think?? what are your future plans with yours?

hey Jlivan, those wheels look really good i was going to get some similar but decided the chrome ones would get too chipped or too dirty coz we aren't allowed to wash our cars at the moment :(

robs02elantra
11-15-2006, 06:57 PM
well, you can go to the car wash places where you wash your own car, because they recycle the water. But they never get them as clean as you would like.

There was one at Erindale I used to go to...not too shabby, and there weren't a lot of lineups.

My plans. Well, I have to get my wife a car of her own first, but then I'm going to work on the engine. Headers, exhaust, intake, that kind of stuff. I would like to go turbo, but I just don't see it happening. I also want to change out the suspension parts.

When people tell you that it's not worth working on getting more power, it's always worth it if you think it is personally. Don't let other people tell you what you should do to your car! And the most important, have fun!

elantrachic
11-16-2006, 10:20 PM
Thanks I like your way of thinking i'm sick of people telling me its not worth the money when i think it is. that sounds really good, i put a sports muffler on my car but i want to get the exhaust all the way through and make it louder.
Theres a car lovers in Belconnen although its now changed names but it doesn't get the car very clean and it often has lines (and its not as fun as doing it at home)

aussieXD2
11-17-2006, 06:56 PM
The one at Erindale is good, i just live 2 minutes down the road. Its heaps of fun getting that huge water pressure hose and hitting the car with it!! I spend WAY too much money at that place!

robs02elantra
11-18-2006, 01:25 AM
well, you never know, with the amount of money you're spending there, and the amount of time I used to spend there with my car...we may have seen each other and never known about it. Haha, man it's a small world.

Seinster
11-18-2006, 09:19 AM
I'm having a real dilemma about washing my car.
Due to the water restrictions we can't use a hose anymore, so it's either washing with buckets, or going to the $2 places.
The thing is, I prefer to do it at home so I can detail it for a longer period to make sure I get it perfect.
PS:
I used to live in Braddon for a while.
Canberra's my second favourite city in OZ after Melb. ;)

thewilson
11-18-2006, 10:06 AM
Could I suggest Using the two bucket method descirbed at the beginning of this thread https://www.elantraxd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10364&highlight=car+wash

You can wash and detail your car without breaking water restrictions. there's also a DIY on washing your car either way

Good luck down that way!

Seinster
11-18-2006, 11:18 PM
:hand:
Thanks Wilson. :)
I totally forgot about the 2-bucket method...oh well, I'm off to wash my car now.

elantrachic
11-19-2006, 06:42 PM
i work just across the road from Braddon and its where all the nice cars go on a friday night and during summernats, Melbourne is nice its heaps better looked after than Canberra but I still prefer Canberra probably coz i know it better.
thanks for the link thewilson :D

jh0n
11-19-2006, 08:56 PM
Here`s what I do: I go out and do the wheels, the sills and under the guards with a bucket, truckwash and sponge `n give it a bit of a rinse with a bucketa straight water and another sponge. I get rid of the dead bugs guts off the front as well, then do the door jams. Then its off to carlovers ( tell me that guy isnt making some dough!!!) and it costs my 8 bucks tops with the foamy brush/broom that I blast with the lance first.

Once I`m done, its out of the bay and across the road to a lil shopping centre car park for a chamois. Last time I used the spot free rinse thing and the old girl came up near as good as a full turtle wax. I don`t think there`d be a time of the day where I wouldnt go there and have to wait in line, place is pumping 24/7 with ppl washing their cars. Or fat cats taking the Pajero or V8 landy thru the auto scratcher..

Mind you, I`ve washed my car 2 or 3 times in the last 5 months or so. Not like the every 10 days like I used to. Funny though, we get rain ( nothing significant, just enough to be a PITA ) with in 3 or 4 days of me washing my car.

elantrachic
11-23-2006, 05:59 PM
yeah i use to wash my car once a week... its lucky if its washed once every 2 months now :( but i find my car looks heaps better if i clean it at home but car lovers is ok for a quick wash, anyway I'm heading out there now coz it has bugs all over it from the coast trip. I agree that guy must have a lot of money but i'd much rather take the car through the laserwash or do it myself at a carwash than put it under those brushes at the petrol station washers. :D