: Childish fun :P

06elantra
12-22-2006, 12:12 PM
well, as the title suggests, i have had an interesting night!

got a call from a mate, who now lives in townsville with his 'other half', who was back in town for the night, and naturally wanted to catch up - which i of course obliged.

met up with him at one of the beaches, he was with some other friends too which i knew. hung around there for a lil while, but we got bored, so decided to head to the other side of town to another beach where there was less traffic and we could be loud and not get strange looks from other people in the carpark!

im just gunna skip the boring parts and get to the more interesting part of the night

we ended up buying some SPARKLERS from a servo (along with some other junk - lollies coke etc) and back at this beach/parking lot/park place. Its pitch black too coz of the trees, so thought it would be a good place to light the sparklers
the 3 of us, each got 16 of the things to mess around with - as ya do

we all ended up with burnt fingers and thumbs from trying to light them

danced around - made total fools of ourselfs with these sparklers in the dark being a little loud i guess for midnight (there where houses 400ish meters away from us too)
when we was out of the sparklers, sat down and veg'd for abt an hour, and we see these really BRIGHT lights driving up and down on the other side of the bay.
we think.. cops.. or security
they ended up coming over to the other side where we was, just as we was getting in the car to leave, they slow down, stop look over at us, as i am moving off, then they drive up behind us and put the lights on.
they BOTH get out of the car, and one comes up to my window, asks how i am and what im doing. "yeah good thanks" and "just out cruising around with our friend who is down from townsville at the moment"
he decides that he is going to Breath Test me while he has me parked there.
i get the FULL speach - like the text book "what to say" lines when RBT'ing drivers - i think that he was really hoping that i had been drinking and that he could take me in (which i hadnt)
i do the test, it comes back 0.00 as i knew it would and we are told we can go.
drove off slowly, coz it was a dirt track and it was dark - we get to the the sealed road indicate right - cop car doesnt indicate yet still turns right...
im doing the posted limit of 50km/hr and he just overtakes me - without indication and easily doing around 80km/hr!

interesting really.. that the cops seem to be able to get away with speeding without cause, and no indicating - whereas if you or i was to do it - instant ticket!

we figured we musta woken someone up with our sparklers and loudness and they called the cops - coz they was looking for people, and them peopel was us!

also - sparklers as damn hard to light! i guess tho.. thats coz it was windy.. and they where cheap ones.. and the lighters where almost out of gas as well...
we all ended up with burnt fingers and thumbs - my finger is hurting as i type! lol

why dont the cops go do something constructive - solve a murder case or catch people that are speeding and drink driving, not go hunting after people who are just out having a damn good time?!

at least they showed when we was ready to go
we still had fun tho - and thats the main thing ! :D

thewilson
12-22-2006, 12:18 PM
Wow do you have year round fireworks sales I WISH i would have so much fun but I can feel the pain those who are annoyed with loud people outside it sux when you have to go to work at 7am

Alucardabyss
12-22-2006, 03:54 PM
It's almost new years =P so fireworks would easily be forsale now.

Seinster
12-22-2006, 08:25 PM
Fireworks are illegal here, he's talking about the sparklers you put on birthday cakes...
http://www.crakephoto.com/albums/fireworks2003/images/IMG_2200-Sparklers.jpg
Cool story, I'm surprised at the cops driving though, I've never seen anything like that here before.
When I was 15/16 a mate and I bought up 15 dollars worth of sparklers and spend a couple of hours shredding the magnesium off the wires into a tin, then lit it in the middle of a football field @ night. It lit up the whole field plus the surrounding houses, it was so bright it looked like the middle of the day, no ****! No cops though, we got out of there as soon as it finished. :D
Ah, tales of a misspent youth. ;)

06elantra
12-24-2006, 06:22 AM
yeah thats the ones

it was a much fun night - im just glad we was out of sparklers when the cops came along, coz then it mighta been a little more... difficult

ghrpdx
12-24-2006, 07:42 AM
Good thing you weren't naked too! :eek:

subvibe99
12-24-2006, 07:55 AM
I used to get straight out magnesium ribbon from the science lab back in my school days. You can't even look directly at it without going blind but it's sure lights an area well