Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

Another Hesitation topic. Went to dealer.

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  GTSpeedRacer 
#1 ·
When it's hot outside and I start my car cold and put the car in R or D, the car doesn't move right away when I hit the gas. It will take about 5 seconds before it moves even if I have to pedal to the floor. Then it will drive fine for the rest of the day. This only happens on hot days when starting cold. It doesn't happen in the winter. I first noticed it last summer. But if I let the car sit for about 20 seconds before driving off, it won't do it.

So I went to the dealer today and explained it to the advisor and asked if there was a TSB on this problem. He said there were none and that it sounds like a tranny problem. So he wanted me to make an appointment for a week day, but I work weekdays. This sucks.

Is my tranny still covered under warrantee with 67,000 miles? It's a 2002 and I have had the tranny fluid change 2 times before hitting 60,000.

#8 · (Edited)
My wife is complaining about this. I called the dealer to make an appointment about it. They were like what?? There is a TSB on this? Hmmm, We haven't seen it and we just got all the new ones. I said yes there is. service writer says hmm, well THERE IS A TSB ON THIS CAR FOR REPLACING THE FUEL PUMP which I did not know shit about......

Is there a way to sign up at HMA or with Hyundai or someplace else that notifies you when a recall or TSB comes out about your particular car so you dont have to go hunting around once a week to find out???

#9 ·
no way to sign up to receive notices, but it's easy enough to check in every month or so and see all the recently added TSBs. i honestly can't understand why the dealers are so f*cking stupid when it comes to TSBs. this is their f*cking job, and we do it better than them.

#10 ·
I know..

The local dealer where I live is a dumb ass regarding the mechanics of the car. My dealer, which is about 30 miles away is a bit better in knowing the tsb's, but the thing is, they, and I have trouble keeping up with the slew of them coming.

#11 ·
what would be wrong with a dealer service manager setting aside 15 minutes once a week (or every other week) to go online, print out any new TSB's, and spend another 10 minutes making sure his mechanics each get a copy? i know some mgrs may say they don't have that kind of time every other week but think about how much time it would save them in the long run from having customers come in a second or third time for the same problem. it would save the dealer money as well, since hyundai only gives them one shot for billing reimbursement on a warranty repair

#12 ·
This is not limited to Hyundai service departments....

My girlfriend called her bank two days after Greenspan raised the interest rates by a quarter point a couple of weeks ago and the branch manager told her 'I will fall off my chair if he's raised them and I don't know'.

She hung up before we could hear the thud.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.