Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

Brake Upgrade Assistance Requested

4K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  watson80 
#1 ·
:confused: What’s up, Okay I have all my life been focusing my knowledge on PC's now I'm interested in play around with my Car, My official first car. Lately the brakes have not been responding like they use to. The current ones are OEM from the dealer and I'm wondering what I should be searching for. Brake Pads or Brake Kits and which ones are the best for the money on a budget.

#5 ·
Then if you are still not satisfied you can replace your front rotors with slotted/drilled. Even if you stay with stock (11inch) diameter you will notice an improvement in fade resistance and pedal feel

#10 ·
Is Jay still offering the TibGT upgrade package? XD's have 10.1" front rotors that have obvious warping issues. TibGT's have 11" rotors with no known warping issues. Jay at Lia Hyundai was offering the rotors, the calipers, with factory pads or the upgrade option of Hawk pads. Besides the price of the parts, there was a fee for having the rotor hats redrilled to match the XD's 4 bolt pattern. Here's the link to his thread, I haven't signed up to ElantraGTclub, so I don't know if he's still offering this.

http://www.elantraxd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272

#11 ·
Thank you again, I just finishing calling the Dealer to schedule a appointment for them to check the brake's. My car is still under warrenty so am I lead to believe that this would cost me anything? Sorry for the stupid question as I stated before when it comes to Car's I have no smarts at all.

#12 · (Edited)
Steve said:
Is Jay still offering the TibGT upgrade package? XD's have 10.1" front rotors that have obvious warping issues. TibGT's have 11" rotors with no known warping issues. Jay at Lia Hyundai was offering the rotors, the calipers, with factory pads or the upgrade option of Hawk pads. Besides the price of the parts, there was a fee for having the rotor hats redrilled to match the XD's 4 bolt pattern. Here's the link to his thread, I haven't signed up to ElantraGTclub, so I don't know if he's still offering this.

http://www.elantraxd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272
Yes he is and has added the Tib aluminum caliper as an option... call him:

11” Big brake kit with all OEM parts
11” Big brake kit with all OEM parts and aluminum calipers
Hawk front pads for Big Brake kit w/o aluminum calipers
Hawk rear pads

Better yet check this out:

http://www.elantraxd.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1861#post1861

from fujiheavy

#15 ·
No immediate need to upgrade the rear brakes, you may WANT to. If your car has rear discs you can always get drilled slotted rears to go with the fronts. Mine doesn't, all I did was get the Shark racing drilled slotted fronts and EBC green pads. Made a BIG difference in braking performance!

#17 · (Edited)
Mine came from Shark racing, but Disc Brake Australia or Performance Styling Centre have them also. Course if you don't want to go to Oz you can get the from Hyundai Performance.com. Whatever you do I cant recommend EBC green pads enough times, they are AWESOME! I have stock steelies on my car so you can't even see them ( Spec V owners never know what passed them)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.