My In-Progress Carbonman (CompactDivisions) Experience [Archive] - Hyundai Elantra Forum

: My In-Progress Carbonman (CompactDivisions) Experience

TBurton
05-26-2004, 06:18 AM
Ordered the OEM chrome trunk trim and A-pillar gauge pod from Carbon in April. He let me know that it wouldn't ship until the end of April due to fabrication time for the A-pillar. Military post office is really slow, so I'm sure that's why I haven't gotten it yet. Still waiting on a tracking number though.

hyunelan2
05-26-2004, 10:04 AM
Carbon's always come through. Shipping sucks a lot of the time, due to international stuff, like customs; and inept postal workers. I've got several Compact Divisions items from him: OEM trunk Garnish, clear sidemarkers, a-pillar pod, eyelids. I wouldn't worry, it'll be there. Quality of his stuff is always top-notch, not to mention you can actually get a hold of him and find out the status of stuff.

DragoZERO
05-26-2004, 01:12 PM
it'll come, don't worry. just be patient, i expect it'll be worth it, heh.

rckozma
05-27-2004, 10:58 PM
Quality is very good. I would recommend him.

04Elantra
05-30-2004, 08:13 AM
Carbon doesn't seem to be on the boards anymore, though :(

Guess he's busy

TNT4ME
05-30-2004, 08:21 AM
His site says he's on vacation.....

XTRAWLD
05-30-2004, 05:23 PM
He's on once in a while....work and business keep him pretty busy. I too have got things from him. Chrome handles, straight meet up and swap and some other little things here and there. Although I have had difficulty when a third party is involved with him (i.e. getting things through him from overseas). It did take me a bit of time to get my cf wing back after I needed something done to it....but the guy is busy so it's almost expected...just wish it wasn't that way all the time.

SGTFelix
05-31-2004, 01:40 AM
Sorry you had that kind of experience with him. In my case everything went great. I ordered the 3 piece GLS fog light kit. That is the OEM column switch and the 2 fogs and in about a week they were delivered, no prob. So Carbonman and CD are cool with me.

SuperGLS
05-31-2004, 10:21 AM
I've gotten a couple things from Compact Divisions with no problems. I was the first to get the Chrome Handles, and that transaction went smoothly and quickly. I also got the ticket holder from him, with the same great service. Then I got the fog light multiswitch (described by SGT) from him, again with the same great service.

Definately reccomended.

100% free webcam site! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=0) | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=2) | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3 (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=4)

TBurton
06-01-2004, 10:42 AM
Alright everyone, I just got my chrome trim and A-pillar today and I couldn't be happier. Military mail is to blame for the delays I'm sure. That A-pillar is pretty impressive. I'm going to try and prime and paint it this week. Ugh, now the hard part of wiring the Air-Fuel ratio gauge in....

Thanks again Carbon
-Tony

Josh K
06-27-2004, 12:57 AM
Yep, Craig aka Carbonman is the bomb. I've ordered a couple of things from him and will be having him port my intake manifold. :0) Great seller.

BlackElantraGT
06-27-2004, 06:23 AM
I ordered the KDM projectors from him awhile back. At the time no one was selling these so I went in on the group buy. Soon after the group buy had ended and we all paid, he told the whole group that the price was cheaper than expected and sent us all a refund check. At around the same time kspec started offering the projector fogs also for about the same price. The fog lights took longer than expected to arrive. We all waited maybe 2 months at least. I wasn't in a hurry and plus I'd figure it would take time since it's coming from Korea. The item arrived as expected, it just took awhile that's all. He never had to refund us the extra money that we all sent in, but he did anyway as quickly as possible. He's just a single guy, not some huge company so just give the guy a break. Many big aftermarket companies won't even consider making Hyundai products, so the fact that we have a single person who's trying to help out our community, I'll have to give him props for that.

Robert1955
06-27-2004, 11:06 AM
Well, I was in the first ever group buy for the "Weatherflectors", played mule for Craig/Carbon on that one hehe, I have also bought the chrome inside handles, the clear side markers, ticket holder, and not sure if I got the locking glovebox from Craig or Jay but all of my transactions were great :)

2BIT
06-28-2004, 12:37 PM
Got my clear corners from him, and couldn't be happier. Would definitely buy from him again!

ajkolb
06-30-2004, 11:31 AM
Got my phenolic spacer promptly and in good shape, no problems with fitment and I would definitely buy from CM again in the future, Thanks.

Blackdiamond
07-06-2004, 05:00 PM
Got the fogs and clear sides today.... I would do Biz'naz with him again!

Cant wait to put them on! ...

Siphon1
07-25-2004, 09:31 PM
Just recieved my GT Grill, Fog lights and red hazzard switch. As always I could never be happier. I am always happy with the products and service that carbon provides!

4mynikka
02-14-2005, 09:42 AM
I got ss brakelines and got them fast!!!!!!!! Would definately buy from again.

Atomic
03-10-2005, 04:30 PM
Great product! Grill came in perfect condition and easy to install, I highly recommend.

2loud2k2xd
09-14-2005, 08:46 PM
just got my dual gauge pillar from him today. looks excellent. i cant wait till i put it in with the gauges.
great communication, replyed the next day to questions.

thanks craig.

fgummett
02-16-2006, 10:23 AM
Phenolic Spacer arrived yesterday. Thanks :) Timely delivery, well packaged, clean and solid peice of work. Can't wait to fit it (after the snow melts :( ) Would do business with Carbonman again.

4mynikka
02-19-2006, 06:00 PM
2nd item purchased from Carbonman, will definitely buy from again. Can't wait to do the PP IM and TB.

here's a sample of his work:

http://www.nitrousworld.com/pictures/02-19-06_1718.jpg

robs02elantra
02-23-2006, 06:28 PM
Had him P&P an intake manifold for me over the weekend, and went down today to switch over with him. He did an EXCELLENT job on the manifold, and an even better job helping me take the old out and put the new in! Great guy, and an awesome seller!

Buy from him if you get the chance.

03SilverBullet
03-09-2006, 02:52 PM
I got my grill from him today, it came very quick and the product is A+

:)

mayollo072R
03-09-2006, 06:28 PM
He is a great seller. Shipping time does suck sometimes due to customs but you just need to be patient. Wathever you order from him will be soon on your shipping address and you won't regret. The quality of the products he sale, its the limit to perfection. You will see. :bowdown:

carbonman
03-15-2006, 02:50 PM
Thanks everybody who has left feedback. It is very appreciated :) We even have a new review / feedback feature on our new website too.

Vicente, your wing posts got here super fast, I just emailed you so give me a buzz or hit me back on email to let me know what you were wanting done with them. thx

03SilverBullet
03-15-2006, 04:03 PM
Thanks everybody who has left feedback. It is very appreciated :) We even have a new review / feedback feature on our new website too.

Vicente, your wing posts got here super fast, I just emailed you so give me a buzz or hit me back on email to let me know what you were wanting done with them. thx
I'll say it again.. Craig your work is great!! I get non stop compliments on the grill.

CornbreadXD
03-15-2006, 05:06 PM
WOW! The mailman knocked at the door with my grill right after I read the last post. I didn't expect the quality to be so high. Its CRAZY! the grill is AMAZING! I can't wait to see what they say at the dealership cuz its like OEM quality. If you don't buy from craig anything else seems like APC.

carbonman
03-15-2006, 05:26 PM
Glad you like your CF grill so much man, Pictures pictures pictures!! :)
And don't forget to wax it to protect it ;)

robs02elantra
03-16-2006, 03:30 PM
Got my phenolic spacer today! Quick shipping, great service, excellent seller. I would buy from him anytime!

Thanks Craig

CornbreadXD
03-16-2006, 07:03 PM
fitted
http://www.imageviper.com/displayimage/29975/0/carbon1.JPG

djarsonist
03-16-2006, 08:19 PM
Just got my grille. The mesh has some chips in it (really tiny, can Paint over). The outside piece has a few dings as well, but I can fix those too.

Overall I'm happy, now just ot fix those things and put it on. Then Pics...

Thanks,
dj arsonist

jpjr
03-31-2006, 10:49 PM
Head arrived yesterday. As always, Craig delivered as promised. I have bought a few things from him over the years and I have always been happy. Thanks again Craig.

Fezz
04-25-2006, 03:00 PM
Great grill and package !! Only thing is that the two holes at the back are not straight so that the grill does not fit perfectly. But I'll make it fit easily.

slow 2K2GT
01-18-2007, 03:13 PM
Ordered my GK pillar from him, awesome looking product, even though I hassled him all the time he responded to all my PMs. Thanks Craig!

PSUsouthpaw
01-18-2007, 03:49 PM
I should have posted about a month back, but: Ordered a ported intake manifold and phenolic spacer form him. Despite several very ****ty delays due to the wonderful postal service, the item arrived. Got it installed as soon as possible, along with the phenolic spacer, and I have to say it kicks serious ***...car pulls much nicer now. Great seller with excellent communication.

Yozick
03-13-2007, 07:06 PM
Well I ordered my P&P and spacer in Nov. I think. Had like 2 ppl ahead of me. I got the unit about 2 weeks ago from a member that had ordered it and then decided to not install it. So I dont think I should comment on how it was shipped.

The inside of the manifold was alittle dirty. I made sure I clean it out well with alcohol and compressed air.

I noticed a few dings in the manifold that were there prior to being finished but that goes along with it being a trade as you go instead of sending mine in to get done. No problems with that.

Get it to me was crazy fun. I got alittle impatient at times but when I contacted carbonman for updates I always got a good feeling of what was going on. Over all I am very happy with the product I got minus the missing spacer. But I would order from him again.

ArunSenior04
08-14-2007, 08:05 PM
I try to give people a shadow of doubt, but Im at the point that I feel like Im being ignored/lied to. I understand that Craig is very helpful member, but when you are constantly saying "next week", "ships out tomarrow", etc for the last 2 months, it really starts to make me a little mad.

Here's my story:

June 20th: Placed order for Stage 2 IM
Before I ordered, I asked Craig if I was the next person in line, he said yes. He told me that the core would be in next week, and that it takes "3-4 to complete the process.

July 7: Sent a PM asking for update?
His response: Still waiting on the core, I should have an update for you soon.
Never got back to me.

So I searched the forums to find who bought the last one. I send him (CoreyJohnson) a pm, and he tells me he didnt know someone was waiting. He sends it back 7/23. He sends me a response pm, saying that Carbonman should have it by now, or soon, on 7/30.

I wonder whats taking so long, so I send Craig a pm on 8/06 asking for an update. He tells me has it, but is busy working on something else.

Aug. 09: I wait a couple days, and send him an email requesting info on how to cancel an order. He responds promptly saying that the im is done, and was going to be sent out 8/10. I told him if it was done, send it.

Today's date Aug. 14. No response since then. I have sent emails, and a pm requesting information, but they have obviously been ignored, which makes me question if the im was done to begin with.

Aug. 15: Received update on im. It hadnt shipped because it needed to be painted.

Aug. 16: Tracking number received. Shipped.

slow 2K2GT
08-14-2007, 08:12 PM
I had some issues with getting my gauge pillar from him, but he was always prompt to respond to my PMs. I guess I am just a little more patient then some, sorry to hear about your bad experience but it does happen once in a while.

evan938
08-14-2007, 08:35 PM
it must be something about americans. you're canadian, got your alpine kit quick, now this

maybe everyone does hate americans. lol

really though, i got my pod pillar from craig fairly quickly, but then again, that was probably 2 whole years ago

slow 2K2GT
08-14-2007, 08:38 PM
Yes dont forget that I got my Alpine kit second hand but still never installed...Alpine never had a chance to screw me around.

05xd
08-14-2007, 08:58 PM
I think I may have been the only person to get my turbo kit in a timely manner.It took around 3 weeks or so to get mine in

Munky
08-14-2007, 09:43 PM
I had a similar problem when I bought my carbon fiber door sills from Craig.

The first few messages were something about production, making sure everything was right, then the next few were telling me "they'll ship tomorrow" when they never did.

It was definitely worth the wait of three extra months, because the quality of his product was amazing. I think his only downfall is his communication skills (or lack thereof).

PSUsouthpaw
08-14-2007, 10:57 PM
When my intake manifold got its initial port job, it took some 3 months just to arrive at his doorstep. He was fairly communicative with me, but asked if I didn't mind waiting a little longer since he was busy with other stuff. After that, I didn't hear much from him, but eventually he got my port job done and sent it off to me. Sometimes he lags a little behind with stuff, but his work is well worth the wait.

jayupark
08-14-2007, 11:56 PM
keep in mind he's way up in Canada too... sometimes things get stuck in customs, and it does take longer to ship to/from there. Also, for the cores, it's 1/2 up to the person who is installing too.

mayollo072R
08-15-2007, 01:06 AM
Just be a little more patient, it always worth the wait. You won't get dissapointed.

ArunSenior04
08-15-2007, 06:15 AM
I dont have an issue waiting if I had known that prior to ordering. The problem I have is when you say are constantly saying that something is shipping soon, ready to be shipped, etc.

kylemorg
08-15-2007, 08:31 AM
Arun -- I feel your pain. I, too had problems with getting a part (in my case a phenolic intake manifold spacer) from Craig / CompactDivisions. It took over a month for me to get a spacer, but in my case (according to Craig) the first spacer he shipped got lost by the post office.

I don't know if he works full time at another job and does the Compact Divisions stuff on the side, but I think he needs more help to get things done. He probably isn't making enough of a profit selling his Compact Divisions stuff to pay someone to do it for him or to do it full time, though.

Craig also didn't respond to emails from me for a few days at a time. He did eventually reply and get me a spacer.

It's up to you if you want to pursue getting your money back. If you paid via PayPal, they have a 20 day preship policy. That means that if the item you ordered will not be shipped within 20 days of payment, the seller should not take your money through PayPal and you'd be entitled to a refund.

Of course, fighting your way through the legions of moron "customer service" operatives at PayPal to actually get something done may be an adventure in itself.

You could also do a chargeback if you used a Mastercard, Visa or Visa Debit. Call the number on the back of the card, and you'll probably have your $ back in two days or so. You can pay Craig when it's ready to ship, but he might be too angry about the chargeback to deal with you after that.

ArunSenior04
08-16-2007, 05:32 PM
It's been shipped.

Cypher
08-16-2007, 06:40 PM
it better have been expressed!

carbonman
08-16-2007, 07:44 PM
actually it was sent via UPS!!!
I'm not going to try to explain the circumstances about an order but sometimes there's more beyond emails and PM's,
and I find it amazing that people always have BS to say about something they know sweet F*** all about :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

thats it I'm out

Cypher
08-16-2007, 07:53 PM
i'm actually just anxious to install it on his car :)

PSUsouthpaw
08-16-2007, 09:55 PM
actually it was sent via UPS!!!
I'm not going to try to explain the circumstances about an order but sometimes there's more beyond emails and PM's,
and I find it amazing that people always have BS to say about something they know sweet F*** all about :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

thats it I'm out

Okay, question...How many of the people posting in this thread have actually ordered stuff from Craig?

I have. And I stand by what I said before. Great quality, great guy to do business with. But sometimes there is lag. And for those who have never worked for or with a small business owner, that tends to happen when your small operation gets to be an in demand thing. And it takes time to either 1. Catch up, 2. Bring in additional staff, or 3. maintain how things are. I've worked in operations where demand has been through the roof but theres no sense hiring a huge extra staff to compensate because its just a surge. That may be how things are for Craig right now. It may not be. I'm kind of conjecturing here. But remember, Small Business owners have a hell of a lot more on their plates than most other people do.

rckozma
08-16-2007, 10:02 PM
All I can say is I have ordered a few things from Craig, and yes there may be some delay, but he is not going anywhere and his quality is top notch. Try saying that about Shark or EvoFusion. I have also had him do a one-off piece for me, good to know some business' still do that!

Cypher
08-16-2007, 11:10 PM
I have ordered from him and there was a delay in shipping but i got my product pretty quickly and am very pleased with the quality

mayollo072R
08-18-2007, 01:10 AM
I have ordered both, things from his store and special items some of them have been delayed but I never give a "**** because in the end I always get what I want from him and its always top notch quality so lets just be more patient because it will always worth the wait.

Carbonman Got the lid and the panels. This my opinioon:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

slow 2K2GT
08-18-2007, 09:02 AM
Carbonmans craftmanship is the best, case and point. Good things are always worth waiting for, I always figure when I order a part from anywhere that im going to be waiting at least 3 weeks for it.

A little patience is needed knowing that hes the only guy working on projects as they come in...if you want things right away do it yourself.

Munky
08-18-2007, 09:30 AM
Okay, question...How many of the people posting in this thread have actually ordered stuff from Craig?

I have. And I stand by what I said before. Great quality, great guy to do business with. But sometimes there is lag. And for those who have never worked for or with a small business owner, that tends to happen when your small operation gets to be an in demand thing. And it takes time to either 1. Catch up, 2. Bring in additional staff, or 3. maintain how things are. I've worked in operations where demand has been through the roof but theres no sense hiring a huge extra staff to compensate because its just a surge. That may be how things are for Craig right now. It may not be. I'm kind of conjecturing here. But remember, Small Business owners have a hell of a lot more on their plates than most other people do.

Exactly. Like I said before, I was a bit ticked at first, it was the first thing I bought from him, but he still sent me a PM every now and then, and the product was absolutely amazing!

So from now on, I KNOW I'll never have to worry about getting anything below top-notch. It's definitely worth the wait.

ArunSenior04
08-21-2007, 11:06 PM
Got my im today. Even came with a phenolic spacer. :)

SilverElantra
08-27-2007, 12:46 AM
i have not had such great luck....my silver fiber mirror covers, that i have had for a month, are fading and yes craig said take pictures and send them to him which i have not done yet but will soon....also i returned the IM which did not fit on my car over two months ago and still have not recieved any money back yet but have not contested it waiting patiently every week for my money....now im starting to get a little frustrated with it though cause two months is a long time and $400 is a lot of money....

kylemorg
08-27-2007, 07:44 AM
I got a phenolic spacer from Craig. I am impressed with the quality. The only recommendation I would have would be for carbon's site to have a comment on the order page that it might take a while (4 to 6 weeks) to deliver the part.

If you know up-front what to expect as far as delivery time goes, then reasonable people won't get upset.