Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

Cam Sprocket Tuning Help!

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  FordFasteRR 
#1 · (Edited)
My question is: Which of these two pictures shows the sprocket set to ADVANCE the cams....? I would like to point out that the rotational direction of the engine is counter clockwise. But I think i have the advance/retarded concept backwards ...

Here are some observations (and my theory on the sprocket setting is a good guess in relation to the question above..) but the performance measurements are real.. I used a G-tech to test it over 20 runs ....

Ok, here is the setting i had it on yesterday... i THINK this is 4 notches retarded...

Here is where I set it this morning for some testing... this appears to be 4 notches advanced...

I did not have the same 0-60 mph performance with the advanced settings... so i went back and set it to 6 notches retarded and re-tested.. I was able to improve the performance back to 7.55 0-60 which is not bad for a stock airbox / filter setup.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.