5DR rear window [Archive] - Hyundai Elantra Forum

: 5DR rear window

ilanpro
09-03-2004, 02:26 AM
http://www.motorcraft.co.kr/FrontStore/dvProduct.phtml?pid=rc_diypannel

kylemorg
09-03-2004, 12:34 PM
Uh, why would someone obscure their view (slight though it might be) through the rear window and put some carbon fiber over it?

We need a new smilie, one that holds a sign that says "Got Fiber?"

04GTboySC
09-03-2004, 12:37 PM
i know right i really dont like that idea

2GTS
09-03-2004, 12:50 PM
Looks really neat with a banged up back end from changing lanes into another car sitting in your now much larger blind spot.

hyunelan2
09-03-2004, 01:10 PM
Adding Carbon Fiber for the sake of adding carbon fiber is never a good idea. I especially 'like' the stick-on the corner of the hatchlid pieces. WTF is that for? lol.

SuperGLS
09-03-2004, 02:43 PM
I saw a similar thing like that on a Supra once, it was a custom "vent" type thing. It looked ok on the Supra, which I think was mostly for show anyhow. If that's the case I guess it's ok.

100% free webcam site! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=0) | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=2) | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3 (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=4)

Onelove5683
09-03-2004, 02:56 PM
i like it, these are giving me good ideas

XTRAWLD
09-03-2004, 04:36 PM
I've realized in the past couple days how much that little window means for having a clear view when changing lanes...I wouldn't want to compromise it with blocking it up. What the hell are those little strips on the trunk for is what I would like to know.

hyunelan2
09-03-2004, 04:40 PM
^^^ yea, that's the same thing I was talking about.

Jlivan
09-03-2004, 04:45 PM
I agree with xtrawld - They do have textured/picture tints now-a-days, You would probably get the same effect if they had a carbon fiber film. That would make up for blocking the window totally.

I still would not do that to my windows.

kylemorg
09-03-2004, 05:05 PM
Speaking of carbon fiber, it was originally meant to be used to make parts lighter and stronger than fiberglass or metal, right?

Wasn't it also used for hoods on racing cars so the parts didn't come flying through the hood?

IMHO I like the look of it if it's used in a practical location to lighten or protect like a hood, but all of this carbon fiber accent stuff is getting a bit much, especially if you're adding weight by sticking carbon fiber stuff over something that's already there (dash kit, windows, etc) and adding weight!

hyunelan2
09-03-2004, 05:09 PM
No, no, no. You see Carbon Fiber is kinda like a helium balloon. Simply sticking it on, or sticking on vinyl that looks like CF, will add negative gravitational force, thereby lightening the car, and adding 5HP.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

kylemorg
09-03-2004, 05:32 PM
Oh yeah, that's right; just like racing stripes and those huge rear wing spoilers! (sorry for wandering off topic.)

If nothing else, that's definitely something I've never seen before, though. Good find ilanpro!

2GTS
09-03-2004, 05:52 PM
A cabon fiber hood will not keep parts traveling at high speed from exiting the engine bay.

only1db
09-03-2004, 06:29 PM
those little a$$ windows dont do a damn thing.....learn how to drive!! :D
the little things on the decklid seem to be covering up the little holes from the wing.... ;)

kylemorg
09-03-2004, 06:40 PM
Real carbon fiber is twice the stregth of the same thickness steel and half the weight. A CF hood would be better than a fiberglass one or a lightweight metal hood at keeping stuff from flying; a kevlar one would be better.

The F1 and Indy car cars all use carbon fiber extensively because it holds up to tremendous impacts.

evil247
09-04-2004, 02:31 PM
those little a$$ windows dont do a damn thing.....learn how to drive!! :D
the little things on the decklid seem to be covering up the little holes from the wing.... ;)

DING DING that is what I was thinking. Covering the holes. I want a carbonfiber hatch with a FAL window damnit