Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

ABS and TCS lights on!! WTF

9K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  2001GLS 
#1 ·
all i did was start the car and they were slow to go off.....so i start going and get to my destination...turn the car back on and they stay on! ....is one of the sensors shot? anybody have this happen to them? i'm thinking that the zip ties on the coilovers might have something to do with it... :mad:

#2 ·
i did a huge burnout on the ice last winter and i was turning the wheel while i did this. both lights came on and stayed on for about 15 miles. i had the TCS off while i did it. probably the same problem. i had heard something about a speed sensor on the wheels causing it.

#4 ·
nope....i tried it out yesterday in the rain....i have nothing...no abs and no tcs! lights still on....i guess i'm goingto have to bite the bullet and head to the dealership....they are going to look at my car and be like.....its not covered! :mad: i have bough like 4 hyundais from there so they should be able to service it without a problem!

#5 ·
I just got the same lights today when I was on my way to work.....and yes I searched this out before posting.

After I got out of work, before driving home, I checked the manual(common sense) before anything else.

I don't think the manual vary by sub-model, but I read on I think page "1-30", something about the ABS light being on, then the TCS...and then in a little box about what is wrong when both lights are on.

It states something about "Electronic Brake Force Management..blah blah blah...some techno-name, and to avoid sudden stops, and to see the dealer."

After reading that, my lights went off....quite strange. I haven't done anything out of the ordinary, so I'm not sure where to put blame. Guess it's one of those random things that happen at random times.

#7 ·
i know why mine came on...they were rubbing on the ground and split the wire...i have since repaired the wires and used beefier zip ties to keep them in place...but every now and again it will come one...but atleast i know where its coming from....good luck trying to find out why yours is coming on...

#8 ·
I really regretted my 01 GLS didn't have TCS or ABS but little things like this make me glad it's stripped down. Probably a bad sensor or a wiring problem. If you're under warranty get to the dealer soon as possible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.