what springs will drop me the most [Archive] - Hyundai Elantra Forum

: what springs will drop me the most

osofast10
09-10-2004, 06:42 PM
hey guys i want to know what springs will drop me the most. i'm thinkig about buying some aerospeed but unless someone can tell me something that will lower my car so that i will only have a 1 or zero finger gap between the tire and the fender. i also hear that intrax springs will do the job as well. well please let me know people

slow 2K2GT
09-10-2004, 06:59 PM
Have a look throught the archives there is a **** load of threads there as this topic has been beat to death. Other than that welcome to the boards...and check the Marketplace forum, you can get some good coilovers there, thats what I did and got em for like $600. Good Luck

evil247
09-10-2004, 07:19 PM
Apex has the biggest drop that I know of. Right at 2 inches. But good luck getting your hands on some.

kylemorg
09-10-2004, 08:58 PM
Aren't you worried at all about ground clearance? I scrape my KORE exhaust in the back and the tow hooks under the front bumper frequently, even with the stock springs...

osofast10
09-10-2004, 10:15 PM
my old prelude was totally droped. i'm use to have a low car. and i think my XD would look pretty bad *** droped and with soem rims. but i still have to think of some rims. i'm thinking about doing something totally different but i don't know. it's like with my prelude i was the first person in just about all of VA to start sporting gold rims a few years back, now everyone got them. here is a pic of it before i got my lip kit which lowered it even more. but as you can see a droped car doesn't give me any fear.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid108/pbd889d1f4f5589f082ce81694c8a6a81/f94fcaca.jpg

got the pic to work

evil247
09-10-2004, 11:21 PM
Aren't you worried at all about ground clearance? I scrape my KORE exhaust in the back and the tow hooks under the front bumper frequently, even with the stock springs...

Ground clearance is for girlie men /arnold. I assume you have the Kore exhaust below the rear bumper and not cut out to fit up higher? Also you just need to learn what you can and can't go up when your car is lowered.

osofast10
09-10-2004, 11:38 PM
^^ bingo :) it's all a matter of knowning your car and knowing the roads you travel.

sammy21c
09-10-2004, 11:59 PM
Apex. But you can't buy it these days. I wanted to have that but due to back order or something, I bought H&R. It didn't drop mine as I wanted, but it was so good. Now I got coilovers. About the ride, I heard Apex is really comfortable too.

pancit
09-11-2004, 12:42 AM
These might be what your looking for. They SOUND reliable, but hell at 80 bucks i'd buy 'em. Drop is 1.75, bigger than H&R and around the same as B&G(i might be mistaken on that). http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7920520716&category=33582&sspagename=WDVW

There are also the Arospeed's on ebay, the ride quality is fine but on my friend's sentra it looked like the back was dropped more then the front. Its just because its got the same drop all the way around, I think the drop was 1.8, not sure if its the same for XD tho.

osofast10
09-11-2004, 12:49 AM
yeah everyone who gets the arospeed one has the black look like it's droped more then the front..... i wonder if these woudl do the same...... hmmmmm does anyone know were i can buy those clamps that you can put on the rear to raise your car. i belive ilanpro has them but i want to know were to buy it from... well thanks a lot for all the info.... and anyone know how far back the back order is for the apex ones?