Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

A problem with the roof~~~

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  southpawboston 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi, guys,
My elantra has a problem with the roof. Ahh, some plastic clips which hold the roof rail underneath are lost. Pls see the picture. Who knows how to repair it?

Thanks!

[

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
andyzhang said:
Hi, guys,
My elantra has a problem with the roof. Ahh, some plastic clips which hold the roof rail underneath are lost. Pls see the picture. Who knows how to repair it?

Thanks!

[

Looks like the rain channel molding, im not sure if its an entire piece (clips included). You would need to go to the dealer for those clips, or worst yet, the whole channel.

good luck
Gregster

#4 ·
yeah, you need new clips. the guy who replaced my windshield broke a couple and came back the next day with new ones from the dealer. the mistake he made was that the clips have to clip on to the molding first, THEN clip onto the roof. he tried to put the clips on the roof first, then pop the molding on top of the clips. that broke them.

#5 ·
Yep, the clips have to be mounted to the molding then the roof. I removed mine (along with the side moldings) when I recleared my car. They are cheap plastic and are only available at the dealer.

#7 ·
try going to an auto glass shop. it they don't have similar clips that will work just as well as the originals, then try an auto body shop. most of these places have lots of different style "universal" clips that work on 90% of cars. not OEM, but just may do the trick.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.