Washington Members, I need your help ... [Archive] - Hyundai Elantra Forum

: Washington Members, I need your help ...

bmxdad
02-22-2009, 10:31 PM
If this should go to off topic, please move ...

OK, as you can tell by my handle I'm into BMX racing. My son has been riding since he was 10 years old and is still the top rider in Washington state. He has won the State Championships for his age group every year since the age of 12. He's ranked 7th in the nation for 19-27 year olds.

I've traveled all over the country to race the National circuit. I was an ABA Race official at all the National Races we went to. I was also doing the same at our home track ... River Valley BMX located in Riverside Park, Sumner Washington. I ran gate practice for many years and have seen a lot of kids grow up around me, healthy and knowing that if they want to win they need to be prepared.

That's what BMX racing can teach you ... its you against seven other riders and its full out till the finish line. One mistake and you lose ... there's only one winner, so you better be prepared.

As you can see, I'm into the sport ...

This year was a hard one for are home track, River Valley BMX. Its one of the oldest, continuously operating, tracks in the northwest. There has been flooding of the track over the years during the winter season, some bad and some not so bad. This year was very bad ... so the county has decide to do things differently ... they've closed the park to the public that contains the BMX track. The Department of land management is saying that any work on the land needs to be OK'd by Land Management. River Valley BMX asks for no money from the County, in fact they pay rent. They also maintain the park by keeping the grass mowed, the trash picked up and the bums out.

What I need from you is to sign the petition at the link below and if you want, to come to the meeting on march 9th at 6:00 pm, Lakewood Community Center. I'll be there ...

Thanks for your support on this ...

Sign The Petition (http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/saverivervalleybmx/)

This is a excerpt from a news group I belong to.

http://www.rivervalleybmxracing.com/index.html

Riverside park and river valley BMX needs you're help! Pierce county parks may have to close Riverside Park and river valley BMX, do to pals requirements! The closure of this park also includes riverside disc golf and other activities within the park! We are not asking Pierce County for any money or help to re-open Riverside Park or river valley BMX! Pierce County is holding a public meeting! Please come show your support to keep Riverside Park and river valley BMX open! Bring the kids, bring everyone! This meeting is a do or die for BMX in pierce county!

Public meeting march 9th at 6:00 pm
Lakewood Community Center
9112 Lakewood Drive SW
Lakewood, WA
(253) 798-4176