Help with Suspension [Archive] - Hyundai Elantra Forum

: Help with Suspension

SlimShady8638
10-16-2004, 01:11 PM
alright, i've got an 04 elantra gt sedan, and right now i have 2 audiobahn 12in. subs with a lanzar 2000 watt amp and an audiobahn capacitor in the trunk. they hit really hard. i wanna start enterin competitions in the next couple of years after i finish my mods and i wanna add 2 more 12in. subs, another 2000 watt amp for the new subs, a 1000 watt amp for all the new components inside, and another audiobahn capacitor, for a total of 4 subs, 3 amps, and 2 caps, all to be placed in a fiberglass enlcosure in the trunk. i wanna know what i would need in order to support the back of the car with all this weight in the trunk. i also have a set of 18in. rims waiting to be installed. any help would be greatly appreciated.

TNT4ME
10-16-2004, 01:17 PM
I don't think you will habe a weight problem. I drove back from an hour away with 3 70lb bags of soil in my trunk no problem. I do recomend a bigger sway bar though.

only1db
10-16-2004, 03:20 PM
the best thing would be to go with air ride or the hydrolic suspension that a couple people have...then you definitely will not have any probs at all!