Sponsership [Archive] - Hyundai Elantra Forum

: Sponsership

b00nz
06-01-2009, 03:12 PM
If there are any sites that you guys know of that will help you get a sponsorship please let me know. Thank you!
b00nz

spoolinx86
06-01-2009, 03:21 PM
I think the most sponsorship ElantraXD can give you is an "ElantraXD" sticker. I'm sure James would want some money for it though. :tongue:

silversharkXD2
06-01-2009, 03:23 PM

is this post for real

Munky
06-01-2009, 03:23 PM
Send a PM to SuperGLS.

UrbanerMezei
06-01-2009, 03:57 PM
I think the most sponsorship ElantraXD can give you is an "ElantraXD" sticker. I'm sure James would want some money for it though. :tongue:

20 bucks actually, oh and he gives you a Internet tree house you can insult the regular people from.

Pete03GLS
06-01-2009, 03:59 PM
james... could u sponsor me a new paint job? thanks.

:P

silversharkXD2
06-01-2009, 04:23 PM
james...i hooked you up a few times...how bout hooking me up with an elantra now that mine is gone.

03GT
06-01-2009, 04:35 PM
20 bucks actually, oh and he gives you a Internet tree house you can insult the regular people from.

lmao..

james... could u sponsor me a new paint job? thanks.

:P

Paint job? Have you graduated from the Ray Charles driving school yet? No sense in fixing up the ride until you can drive it.

jfwy

Matrixloader
06-01-2009, 04:45 PM
hmmm.....Nice try Boonz, but maybe you should get that ElantraXD sticker from james,
i mean, you want to make a difference right? so if people in elantras see your elantraxd.com sticker they will want to check it out and in return learn more about their car and the amazing things they could do with it.

times are hard now a days, people are out of jobs, a sponsorship with anyone is hard to come by.

if you dont want to pay full price for aftermarket parts you should visit the marketplace section in the forums, members are always selling parts very cheap all the time.
thats how i got most of my stuff.

b00nz
06-01-2009, 06:02 PM
thanks for the responses. I know about the hard times, I've faced a lot of them. I just figured it was worth a shot to see if anyone could help out :)

Have any of you heard of this tuning company in cali. that as long as you go to car shows and hand out their flyers they will send you performance parts, and body kits? Free of charge? I forgot the name, my buddy has it with his mustang. But anyway. I would love that sticker. If you could point me in the right direction to get that sticker i would love to get it.

Also, I noticed the only forced induction section that I found that was useful, the site is down. any word on that?

spoolinx86
06-01-2009, 06:25 PM
I would love that sticker. If you could point me in the right direction to get that sticker i would love to get it.

Here: https://www.elantraxd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13671&page=1&pp=20

ricerrx7
06-01-2009, 06:40 PM
So you want a website full of poor hyundai owners to give you free parts and send you money to turn your car into a showcar? Are you serious?

BobMs_wht2k2
06-01-2009, 06:53 PM
Apparently so. At least it's something new. I can honestly say I haven't seen that one before.

Munky
06-01-2009, 07:02 PM
Hey..it's the thought that counts!

Qyn
06-01-2009, 07:37 PM
Apparently so. At least it's something new. I can honestly say I haven't seen that one before.

You serious? I was gonna post next week.

BobMs_wht2k2
06-01-2009, 07:43 PM
You know... I been here since the first board.... and I'm 33 years old and do not own an MP3 device. I thinl someone should give me one.

SuperGLS
06-01-2009, 08:06 PM
boonz, I appreciate your enthusiasm. ElantraXD is just a forum for us Elantra (and other Hyundai) guys. It's impossible for me to give any type of sponsorship or get anyone any parts. You could try contacting some of the aftermarket part suppliers though. You'll find a list of them in the links section.

https://www.elantraxd.com/links/index.html

100% free webcam site! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=0) | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=2) | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3 (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=4)

slyderdai
06-01-2009, 08:39 PM
I bet if wanted to set up a fund for Cricket in Alaska you'd be all over that **** huh James?

Matrixloader
06-01-2009, 08:56 PM
thanks for the responses. I know about the hard times, I've faced a lot of them. I just figured it was worth a shot to see if anyone could help out :)

Have any of you heard of this tuning company in cali. that as long as you go to car shows and hand out their flyers they will send you performance parts, and body kits? Free of charge? I forgot the name, my buddy has it with his mustang. But anyway. I would love that sticker. If you could point me in the right direction to get that sticker i would love to get it.

Also, I noticed the only forced induction section that I found that was useful, the site is down. any word on that?

The car sponsorship in cali your talking about is this one http://www.carsponsorships.com/ they also advertise in most car magazies, i know 1 old lady with a sponsored celica(yes 50 year old lady!) that has that program, and its not really free, first you pay some kind of fee for the aplication that is not cheap, then you get access to their part place and the parts are discounted, im not sure how much of a discount, but for her she needs to stick a sticker of every company brand that she installs on her car and then attend car shows all the time.

this lady used to race when she was young so she is all into cars.
im not sure if they sponsor in alaska, i lived in kodiak for a few years and used to fly over to anchorage sometimes but on those times i didnt see many tunners there, then again that was 1998.

b00nz
06-02-2009, 12:51 PM
So you want a website full of poor hyundai owners to give you free parts and send you money to turn your car into a showcar? Are you serious?

Your sig serves you well. :S

And no, I figured there may be someone.. (small chance) but someone that may be able to guide me in the right direction.

UrbanerMezei
06-02-2009, 12:53 PM
Hey James can you send me keys to a new Genesis in the mail, I swear I'll put your site address on it and drive around advertising for you

b00nz
06-02-2009, 03:00 PM
Hey James can you send me keys to a new Genesis in the mail, I swear I'll put your site address on it and drive around advertising for you

And you guys are trying to keep people on the site? I don't know if you are trying to be a smart *** or what. All I was trying to do is just ask. Nothing wrong with asking. If this is what I get for asking, or even ****ing attempting to better something, then now I see why all the tuners hate the Elantra world. And you are a prime example.

Munky
06-02-2009, 03:01 PM
^Dude, he's kidding. Don't take everything so seriously. ;)

Qyn
06-02-2009, 03:20 PM
The concept of something for nothing is what is so funny to us. "Sponsored" cars typically already have a following. If I bought a bone stock Camaro or 'Stang or even a GenCoupe, I'd be hard pressed to find anyone willing to give me free/discounted parts in exchange for advertising on an unknown product. What is to say that you don't take the car with my product's name on it and drive it into a park full of children? Bad advertising happens when those "Performance Tires" end up in little Suzie's skull.

Please don't take our ribbing personally... we're just a product of our times. With many people losing jobs, the car business up in flames, and dollars as few and far between as sex sessions in married life, I won't be surprised to see that sponsorship goes away for a while. Also, to my knowledge I can't say I've ever seen a sponsored Elantra. Also, as a note to you in the future: Sponsors typically seek YOU out if they want to advertise on your car. Just like any other company looking to advertise, Performance parts companies look for the best way to spend their dollar. Joe b00nz from AK is not gonna be on that list, sorry. Ken Block didn't find DC, DC found Ken Block.

silversharkXD2
06-02-2009, 03:27 PM
And you guys are trying to keep people on the site? I don't know if you are trying to be a smart *** or what. All I was trying to do is just ask. Nothing wrong with asking. If this is what I get for asking, or even ****ing attempting to better something, then now I see why all the tuners hate the Elantra world. And you are a prime example.

Where do you figure that "ALL TUNERS" hate the elantra world. Just because a few of your buddies my tease you, doesn't mean that no one takes us seriously.

How old are you anyways...you sound very young and nieve. No offense, but this is a forum...not a manufacturer of performance parts. Forums are typically run by run of the mill guys like you and me that happen to have a passion for what ever the forum may center around.

ricerrx7
06-02-2009, 03:33 PM
You want to know how to get a sponsorship? Build a bad *** car with your own money. Take it to every show you can. Sell that car. Buy another car, and again, make it bad *** with your own money. Take it to every show you can. Sell that car. Now, buy a car that is new to the market (not a dead generation that was never popular to begin with), like a Genesis coupe, put together a concept of your plan, then present it to tuning companies.
You come on here, with no experience what so ever, and expect people to build a bad *** car for you. It's not going to happen...

b00nz
06-02-2009, 03:57 PM
Where do you figure that "ALL TUNERS" hate the elantra world. Just because a few of your buddies my tease you, doesn't mean that no one takes us seriously.

How old are you anyways...you sound very young and nieve. No offense, but this is a forum...not a manufacturer of performance parts. Forums are typically run by run of the mill guys like you and me that happen to have a passion for what ever the forum may center around.

I'm 19. Yes I'm young but I know my cars. Ask any Honda tuner, Toyota tuner, Dodge, BMW, Lexus, anything.. Every single one of them will tell you that Hyundai is a poor mans car. That it will never EVER stand up to any Honda or Toyota, or Dodge. And those are the low end if you minus the Supra. This is why I say that. I have a lot of buddies that rib on me as well about my car but I show them up on the strip. (yes I race) I'm not a noobie or some young scrub just coming on here to cause a commotion. I'm here to just find people interested in the same goal as me.

And so far I have done all of the mods I have done myself. I'm self taught, and I do all the research myself. It would just be nice to have some help so I may be able to afford college :)

I don't mean to come off like a tight ***, and can't take a ribbing but I don't know you guys yet so of course I will take everything personally until I get to know you guys a bit more.

Sorry in advance if I made any of you angry with me by this post.

silversharkXD2
06-02-2009, 04:02 PM
I'm 19. Yes I'm young but I know my cars. Ask any Honda tuner, Toyota tuner, Dodge, BMW, Lexus, anything.. Every single one of them will tell you that Hyundai is a poor mans car. That it will never EVER stand up to any Honda or Toyota, or Dodge. And those are the low end if you minus the Supra. This is why I say that. I have a lot of buddies that rib on me as well about my car but I show them up on the strip. (yes I race) I'm not a noobie or some young scrub just coming on here to cause a commotion. I'm here to just find people interested in the same goal as me.

And so far I have done all of the mods I have done myself. I'm self taught, and I do all the research myself. It would just be nice to have some help so I may be able to afford college :)

I don't mean to come off like a tight ***, and can't take a ribbing but I don't know you guys yet so of course I will take everything personally until I get to know you guys a bit more.

I'm honestly sorry for being so blunt but it's the truth. And if you do the research you claim, you will find hyundai's that make just as much power and punch as a honda. and as far as poor mans cars go...just wait until you actually try to tune your hyundai. Parts will cost you twice as much some times.

and I figured you were young

03GT
06-02-2009, 04:26 PM
I fund all my mods with sperm donations; it seemed to be the logical career choice for a chronic masterbator.

UrbanerMezei
06-02-2009, 04:33 PM
I fund all my mods with sperm donations; it seemed to be the logical career choice for a chronic masterbator.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahahah!

+1 rep!

Qyn
06-02-2009, 04:50 PM
Hey, now people. Ease up on the kid. Read my other post.

BColeman
06-02-2009, 05:41 PM
The concept of something for nothing is what is so funny to us. "Sponsored" cars typically already have a following. If I bought a bone stock Camaro or 'Stang or even a GenCoupe, I'd be hard pressed to find anyone willing to give me free/discounted parts in exchange for advertising on an unknown product. What is to say that you don't take the car with my product's name on it and drive it into a park full of children? Bad advertising happens when those "Performance Tires" end up in little Suzie's skull.

Please don't take our ribbing personally... we're just a product of our times. With many people losing jobs, the car business up in flames, and dollars as few and far between as sex sessions in married life, I won't be surprised to see that sponsorship goes away for a while. Also, to my knowledge I can't say I've ever seen a sponsored Elantra. Also, as a note to you in the future: Sponsors typically seek YOU out if they want to advertise on your car. Just like any other company looking to advertise, Performance parts companies look for the best way to spend their dollar. Joe b00nz from AK is not gonna be on that list, sorry. Ken Block didn't find DC, DC found Ken Block.

QFT...well said my good man.

Ask any racer, any REAL racer, in Florida...they'll disagree with you 100% on the potential of a Hyundai, whether it be an Accent, Elantra, or Tiburon. I'm not sure how the thin the air in Alaska is, but an oxygen bar isn't too far out of the question. I suggest you do a bit more research, starting right here on this site. Your "friends", obviously Honda tuners, don't know real horsepower or torque. That may be why they have a bigger aftermarket than us "lowly" Hyundai guys...they've been around for a long time, and NEED that aftermarket to make any power above or torque above 100.

As far as sponsorships go, good luck. There was 1 (ONE) guy who got sponsored, out in California. But he owned and operated a shop, and had built tons of car, before getting sponsored by APC (American Products Company). They provided him with discounted products, but he still had to pay. And please research the way people get sponsored. The only thing that is ever free is tires, but it's not shows the tires company care about. It's the racing that the car will be doing. Everything else isn't free, except posters and key chains.

SuperGLS
06-02-2009, 05:45 PM
All of you guys stop acting like 5 year olds. So a new guy had a question that seemed stupid to some of you. Try to be nice and explain the situation and not act like you guys own the internet.

100% free webcam site! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=0) | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=2) | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3 (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=4)

b00nz
06-02-2009, 05:49 PM
QFT...well said my good man.

Ask any racer, any REAL racer, in Florida...they'll disagree with you 100% on the potential of a Hyundai, whether it be an Accent, Elantra, or Tiburon. I'm not sure how the thin the air in Alaska is, but an oxygen bar isn't too far out of the question. I suggest you do a bit more research, starting right here on this site. Your "friends", obviously Honda tuners, don't know real horsepower or torque. That may be why they have a bigger aftermarket than us "lowly" Hyundai guys...they've been around for a long time, and NEED that aftermarket to make any power above or torque above 100.

As far as sponsorships go, good luck. There was 1 (ONE) guy who got sponsored, out in California. But he owned and operated a shop, and had built tons of car, before getting sponsored by APC (American Products Company). They provided him with discounted products, but he still had to pay. And please research the way people get sponsored. The only thing that is ever free is tires, but it's not shows the tires company care about. It's the racing that the car will be doing. Everything else isn't free, except posters and key chains.

Thank you for the response. I'm sorry that I didn't do the research but this was defiantly a kick the right direction.

And the air is just fine in Alaska :P The cleanest to boot. Maybe that's it!?!?

All of you guys stop acting like 5 year olds. So a new guy had a question that seemed stupid to some of you. Try to be nice and explain the situation and not act like you guys own the internet.

Thanks man. I appreciate that. It seemed like I hit a nerve that made them not understand the situation or the curiosity of my question.

BobMs_wht2k2
06-02-2009, 05:51 PM
No, you took us too seriously and got your panties in a wad. How many times do I have to say this: It's the internet. Nothin's serious.

b00nz
06-02-2009, 06:03 PM
And like I've said in the posts that were deleted. I don't know you guys, therefor I truly don't know if you are joking or not. How am I supposed to automatically know off the bat if you are joking or not, If I've never met you in real life or been on the forums for more then 2 days?

I don't know just a thought.

Kjharn
06-02-2009, 06:24 PM
We all joke. If something is said in a negative connotation just assume it's a joke, unless its NovaResource. He's a twat.

b00nz
06-02-2009, 07:04 PM
Rofl. Ok i'll take that.

Vampyrate
06-02-2009, 07:23 PM
http://htmlgiant.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/internet-serious-business.jpg

Cypher
06-02-2009, 08:59 PM
Parts will cost you twice as much some times.

I don't know why everyone tries to say that. Just comparing the 240 to the elantra, parts are just a little cheaper for the 240, but things like turbo kits are still right around the same price because of all the name brands.

BColeman
06-02-2009, 09:00 PM
Thank you for the response. I'm sorry that I didn't do the research but this was defiantly a kick the right direction.

And the air is just fine in Alaska :P The cleanest to boot. Maybe that's it!?!?

I was just teasing about the air. Yes, Alaska has the cleanest air around, good stuff.

Listen, you can go to CarSponsorship.com and try there to get a sponsorship. I did it with '02 GLS back in '03 I guess it was. Know what I got: discounts on products, full sponsorship by Stoner Car Care products, and that was it. They area joke really, but it's worth ready their site, because you can garner the information you need to get a real sponsor.

To be honest, my first suggestion, beyond talking to sponsored car owners, etc., is to try your local areas first. Mom and Pop pizza places, etc. tend to be good at that. But, as stated before by others, the economy may not approve of it just yet.

My second suggestion is that you build your car on your own. It can be done cheaply, and properly. Make a name for yourself at the local strips and tracks. You'll land sponsors for your car now, and any other car in the near future.

ricerrx7
06-02-2009, 10:11 PM
I was just teasing about the air. Yes, Alaska has the cleanest air around, good stuff.

There's no way it's cleaner than the air we have here in L.A.!

Kjharn
06-02-2009, 10:24 PM
There's no way it's cleaner than the air we have here in L.A.!

AhahahahahahahahahahHhHhHhHhHhAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

silversharkXD2
06-03-2009, 08:07 AM
I don't know why everyone tries to say that. Just comparing the 240 to the elantra, parts are just a little cheaper for the 240, but things like turbo kits are still right around the same price because of all the name brands.

I said sometimes

BobMs_wht2k2
06-03-2009, 08:12 AM
You want expensive parts? Try finding Suzuki parts that aren't outrageous. Other than brake ROTORS... everything else ios about double what I put into the Elantra.

silversharkXD2
06-03-2009, 08:16 AM
You want expensive parts? Try finding Suzuki parts that aren't outrageous. Other than brake ROTORS... everything else ios about double what I put into the Elantra.

I believe that. Bet that ceramic header wasn't cheap

BobMs_wht2k2
06-03-2009, 08:29 AM
Header cost me nuttin.... I took it to get coated. Cost $100 for that but it came with the first car.

silversharkXD2
06-03-2009, 08:33 AM
And like I've said in the posts that were deleted.

don't worry, some of mine were deleted as well

rediculous

Header cost me nuttin.... I took it to get coated. Cost $100 for that but it came with the first car.

Oh that's cool

b00nz
06-03-2009, 05:09 PM
I didn't write it.

right.