Thinking of changing subs [Archive] - Hyundai Elantra Forum

: Thinking of changing subs

jjos1
10-27-2004, 07:57 PM
i'm thinking of changing my subs the 10's hit hard and quick but they lack the depth of 12's I guess it's because i've only owned 12's in the past.
I was looking at two of these Audiobahn 12 (http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/434) or two of these Kappa perfect 12 (http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/422) the amp is a Audiobahn 800 2t 800 watts rms x 1 at 4 ohms

kupop
10-29-2004, 01:05 AM
2 DVC Perfects would be a good choice, pretty good price.

Don't get into the 10s are fast, 12s are slow thing. It holds no weight.
What kind of subs do you have?
Increasing box size, or possibly porting would provide you with potentially greater low-range and output.

Your box is definitely just as important as the drivers in them.

Jtown
10-29-2004, 09:46 PM
I can tell you from experience the audiobahns are nice I have two, they are not that great sound qaulity at high volume. They are just as good as 99% of the subs out there. Take cd to a store and listen to them.

southpawboston
10-29-2004, 09:57 PM
I can tell you from experience the audiobahns are nice I have two, they are not that great sound qaulity at high volume. They are just as good as 99% of the subs out there. Take cd to a store and listen to them.

have you HEARD 99% of the subs out there? i wouldn't judge how well a sub stacks up to others unless i've heard the others. you just said they are not that great sound quality at high volume...and that makes them as good as 99% of the subs out there? then you have a LOT of catching up to do with listening to some other subs.

only1db
10-29-2004, 10:44 PM
have you HEARD 99% of the subs out there? i wouldn't judge how well a sub stacks up to others unless i've heard the others. you just said they are not that great sound quality at high volume...and that makes them as good as 99% of the subs out there? then you have a LOT of catching up to do with listening to some other subs.
:abovelol:

yeah you need to catch up!! autobahn are nice but not as nice at diamond audio! :bowdown:

southpawboston
10-30-2004, 09:11 AM
:abovelol:

yeah you need to catch up!! autobahn are nice but not as nice at diamond audio! :bowdown:

diamond, JL, soundstream, a/d/s, MB quart, focal, DLS, dynaudio, adire, vifa... the list goes on and on. lots of GREAT subs out there.

also if you say your subs don't sound great at high vol, that could also be your amp or another aspect of your setup.

Jtown
10-30-2004, 11:57 AM
To the average listener the majority of subs playing on the same system ie cd player, amp, set at the same settings it is difficult for them to notice most flaws in subwoofer sound.

NorthernYankee
10-30-2004, 12:09 PM
To the average listener the majority of subs playing on the same system ie cd player, amp, set at the same settings it is difficult for them to notice most flaws in subwoofer sound.

Just because the "Average Listener" can't distingush betwen a High-end and a Low-End subwoofer (though I disagree). Doesn't mean that the Audiobahn subs are as good as 99% of the subs available.

A-bahn are godd for getting a lot of SPL and thats about it...you yourself said they do not sound good at high volume...so how can they be that good?

I challenge you to listen to those Audiobahns next to some JL's or Diamonds or any of the other subs that Southpaw mentioned and I will bet even the "Average Listener" will say that the A-Bahn do not sounds as good.

--NY

Jtown
10-30-2004, 12:20 PM
not everything every company makes is great, when you think of all the companies out there and all the different models of subs that they sell, you would be well into the thousands and there are about 20 really great subs out there. So 99% of thesubs out there are not that great in comparision with the few really good ones. Yes I agree a 12w6 sounds better, idmax 12 ssounds better, orions new 12 sounds better, focals 13" sounds better, alpines new type x and type r sounds better, premiers prs12 sounds better. is everybody happy now.

JJos1 just go out and listen for yourself with music your familiar with and buy what YOU think sounds good.

SWortham
10-30-2004, 12:56 PM
Also, check out www.partsexpress.com. The average Circuit City or Best Buy will not sell a lot of the brands that PartsExpress sells. Some of the Dayton subs are amazing and much less expensive than the competition. Actually, if I remember right the Dayton brand is a creation of the owner of PartsExpress.

only1db
10-31-2004, 09:24 AM
there are subs for SQ and there are subs for DB....which one do you want...i went with SQ...its not as loud..but its tighter then a.....we'll just keep it as it being tight

2loud2k2xd
10-31-2004, 02:52 PM
hey whats up jjos1. how r u? i have abahn 2300hct flame amp pushing 2-12" abahn flame Q subs ran at 1 ohm(1500watt [email protected]). i can tell u from exp that abahn is the way to go. i do have a large spl box(6.5cu') that is vented. i also put dynamat inside to lesson vibration. in comps i average 165 dbl. i never heard abahn b4 but after install i will alwasy use abahn. come check out my cardomain website,pics of audio. http://members.cardomain.com/2loud2k2xd hope this can help. get in touch with me if you need any help 2loud2k2xd

jjos1
11-06-2004, 01:15 PM
I got a chance to hear two Audiobahn 12's wow they sound realy good, i'm going to try to hear A/D/S subs also but they are hard to find around me not many shops have them