san diego brake work [Archive] - Hyundai Elantra Forum

: san diego brake work

moonlite5hadow
12-06-2009, 03:33 AM
for those in san diego, im a couple days away from being licensed to do brake work, so if you need pads replaced, fluid bled or flushed, let me know. i'll do the work cheap. all u need to provide is pads if you're doing that, or brake fluid.

i would do other work, but i dont have a brake lathe, nor would i feel comfortable rebuilding a caliper when not working in a shop.
drum and disk work!

evilcalvin
12-06-2009, 05:28 AM
about 2 years ago i replaced my front pads myself and about 6 months ago they started squeaking on the front pass side. any thoughts

ricerrx7
12-06-2009, 11:30 AM
Have you looked at how much pad is left?

Matrixloader
12-06-2009, 09:46 PM
about 2 years ago i replaced my front pads myself and about 6 months ago they started squeaking on the front pass side. any thoughts

Did you change or have the rotors turned?
look at the pads too, its probably time for new pads, 2 years is a long time.

moonlite5hadow
12-07-2009, 03:58 PM

definitely time for new pads.

evilcalvin
12-13-2009, 04:59 AM
already time? well i guess you guys would know. any good place to go here in San Diego? I also wanna paint my calipers and the drums too.

ricerrx7
12-13-2009, 11:06 AM
definitely time for new pads.

Not necessarily. Rotors/pads might just be glazed. A couple good hard stops might cure it. But no way to tell without looking at it.