Electrical Problems please help!! [Archive] - Hyundai Elantra Forum

: Electrical Problems please help!!

GodisintheTV
11-07-2004, 02:15 PM
well i was installing the reverse blue ac gauges i got and while i was setting them up, one of my friends took it upon himself to splice the wires to the cig lighter light for me except hes a fool and spliced all four of the wires in one splitter(dont ask i was shocked as well) two ground & two power and when i came outside with my new ac cluster i found out that my instrument gauges would not come on, not the ac not the spedometer nothing, everything else works and i checked all the fuses they all look fine please help!!!
:confused:

ruahighlander
11-07-2004, 02:28 PM
When my guage lights quit one time it ended up that I blew a fuse. The one that I blew was actually one of the taillight fuses (not sure what that has to do with the speedo) anyway I replaced the fuse and all was well. So, in short check your fuse box for a blown fuse.

GodisintheTV
11-07-2004, 02:31 PM
thank you so much ill try that if not ill let you know

southpawboston
11-07-2004, 05:13 PM
check fuses 2, 6, 7, 12, and 18. yep, i'm suspecting the tail light fuse like ruahighlander said, as funny as it sounds.

yevRPS
11-07-2004, 09:53 PM
also check to make sure that the dimmer switch is plugged in. lights don't work if it's not plugged in. i had a little scare when i did the LED converison and changed the clock color. went to test it and nothing worked. then i plugged in the dimmer and ta-da!

GodisintheTV
11-08-2004, 12:34 AM
it was the tailight fuse, thank you so much for the help i never would have checked that one, you guys rule. by the way can you take a number 74 led and just put it in a socket for example the behind the cluster could i just take out a bulb and put an led there or would something go wrong?