Where are the Aussie XD's? [Archive] - Hyundai Elantra Forum

: Where are the Aussie XD's?

Robit_28
05-11-2004, 03:31 PM
Hi All, Just wondering where the Aussie XD's are?

I'm from Brisbane and own a Elantra Elite 2003 HVT2.0 in Black.

Let everyone know where you are!

Rob.

2XDreme
06-05-2004, 05:36 AM
2001 Black XD here

Bought new - Was going to upgrade to new Elite but obviously decided against it

Live in Penrith - Western Sydney

SCROOGE
06-10-2004, 05:23 AM
Hi, I,ve got a 2000 model Elantra, bought new in Jan of 2001. It has only got 18,600km's on the clock. I,ve won three trophy's at car shows.

Live in Rylstone (it's about an hour away from Bathurst)

Cheers.

2XDreme
06-10-2004, 06:00 AM
welcome scrooge
you have any pics of your car? sounds impressive :)

SCROOGE
06-10-2004, 06:14 AM
I have but I'm not that good with computers :mad: still trying to work it out

2XDreme
06-10-2004, 06:34 AM
If you like you can send them to me and i'll post them
e-mail addy - whizzn at optusnet dot com dot au

no spam for me :bang:

SCROOGE
06-12-2004, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the offer 2XDreme, but i think i have worked it out.

2XDreme
06-16-2004, 06:30 AM
looks good scrooge - keep up good work
you might be interested in few things i'm working on at moment
take look in group buy section for current offerings at moment

Denki
06-24-2004, 10:05 PM
Hey im grant i juz got an Elantra 2003 GLS 2.0ltr. Its lowered, 17" chromies, Body kit, very nice car. neways wot the rest of you got? scrooge have u got ne whole photos of your car? looks sweet as.

Thanks
Grant

2XDreme
06-29-2004, 08:01 AM
i've got the black 01 with astrel kit and 16" chromies - 18" fitted this week hopefully
then off to get coilovers fitted

SCROOGE
06-30-2004, 05:54 AM
Thanks Denki, I've just got a new camera but haven't had time to use it.
These are the latest pic's
www.nitrousworld.com/pictures/P6270017.jpg
www.nitrousworld.com/pictures/P6270001.jpg

2XDreme
06-30-2004, 06:13 AM
hey scrooge - where'd you source the clear sidemarkers from?

Denki
06-30-2004, 08:36 PM
thanks they are sum sweet pics! i sooooo love clear side indicators dont you scrooge.. lol sorry 2XDREME. i got mine from a VT commodore i think. looks sweet as on a black car.

2XDreme
07-01-2004, 05:39 AM
i wasn't sure if ones from commy would fit
did anything need to be modded to get them to fit?

Denki
07-08-2004, 03:09 AM
actually they are the same as scrooges. sorry for gettin ya xcited 2dxtreme.

2XDreme
07-08-2004, 07:07 AM
SCROOGE - where or what did you get you clear sides off?

i was going to get these moulded up and put into production but if there's something out there already there's no point - I need to know :)

SCROOGE
07-10-2004, 08:37 PM
2XDreme my clear sidemarkers are an original Hyundai part. I notice that the Getz had the same type of sidemarker, but they were clear instead of orange. So I just ordered them from my local dealership and they fit perfect.
I got them back in August 03, and they cost me $72.50
I hope that helps :cool:

SCROOGE

2XDreme
07-12-2004, 07:45 AM
helps heaps - i know not to mould up originals now
:phone: hyundai tommorrow for sure

SCROOGE
07-13-2004, 05:05 AM
Got any pic's of your ride?

2XDreme
07-13-2004, 06:20 AM
i sent you a PM - i'll get em up as soon as i can
on a side note check the GB section out and have look at lenses i've just had made
might be nice lil touch to your car

Found couple pics

SCROOGE
07-14-2004, 04:23 AM
Very nice I like the rims :thumbsup:

2XDreme
07-14-2004, 07:17 AM
I now have Alexia Jestalt 2's here to put on it in 18"
Just waiting to get guards rolled first

Tylenol
08-11-2004, 09:14 PM
*puts hand up* Here is the proud new owner of an Elantra XD :) Picking it up next week!

2XDreme
08-11-2004, 11:35 PM
can't wait to see your new girl bud
more the point can't wait to help ya start moddin the new girl :D

Tylenol
08-12-2004, 12:48 PM
Hehe, it already has a bodykit and 17" rims on it... I don't think I want to do much more to it apart from getting some Philips Blue lights, NGK iridium spark plugs, a new gear knob, new pedals, a new air filter and maybe some time in the future add ABS and a white gauge face...

2XDreme
08-12-2004, 01:23 PM
if you have paypal account or credit card the white guages will cost you 39USD delivered to you from kspec

that's where i got mine from - only took week for delivery
I had phillips blue vision in my car - lasted about a year then they blew
now looking round for good set of HID's for reasonable price

Tylenol
08-13-2004, 12:07 AM
Aren't the gauges difficult to install? I don't think I have anywhere near enough technical/mechanical expertise to install something like that :( Nice price though...

What bulbs would you recommend over the phillips? I want a white light rather than a yellowish one...

2XDreme
08-13-2004, 12:29 AM
phillips aren't bad i will prob get another set until i find some decent hid's
think narva also make blue bulbs now to
could also look on e-bay in US as they have blue bulbs for really cheap
if you get guages i will install for you if want

Tylenol
08-13-2004, 01:55 AM
Oh what a champ! I might have to take you up on that offer one day soon :D Cheers!

I hope I can make it to the PSC opening!

Where exactly can I find them on kspecs site (the gauges)? I couldn't find them when I had a look :( Cheers in advance!

2XDreme
08-13-2004, 04:45 AM
HERE (http://www.kspec.com/main.php?ac_id=88)

AvanteXD - Marine Blue

Yeah try and get to PSC opening - Will be good day for us all to catch up and put some faces to everyones name

Tylenol
08-13-2004, 04:46 AM
Yah, I thought that was the one... I spotted it but are Elantras marketed as Avante XD in America or do they just have the same style dash?

I might start ordering now :)

2XDreme
08-13-2004, 04:58 AM
There called Avante in Korea which is where BROS guages are made
In US they are known as Elantra's same as here

Tylenol
08-13-2004, 05:17 AM
One last question 2XDreme... did you pay them by credit card or paypal? Should I trust their credit card facilities? I assume the shipping to Aus is included in the prices listed?

2XDreme
08-13-2004, 08:15 AM
KSPEC has a VERY good name with the Hyundai tuning sector
I would trust them with CC information
I used PayPal as i do not have a credit card

Robit_28
08-16-2004, 05:34 AM
Hey Tylenol, you in Sydney or Brisbane? or somewhere else?

Seinster
08-16-2004, 09:34 AM
I'm in Melb guys,
Just bought a new '04. Silver in color, manual transmission.
Getting it in about a weeks time.

I was driving a VT Berlina, which I sold, and I was extremely impressed with the Elantra.
Really not much difference in the power/weight ratio I think compared to the Holden. Not really sure though!

Anyhow, nice to see a few ozzies, and some beaut. mods around the place. ;)

Denki
08-16-2004, 10:37 PM
Nice ride 2dxtreme. Does the zefiro front bar bolt straight on to the aus spec xd elantra?

Neway heres a link to my pics: http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index.php?act=section&sectionID=6&entryID=4630

Cheers

2XDreme
08-17-2004, 01:07 AM
Hey Denki

That's not my car in avatar - Wish it was
I will have the Zefiro kit here hopefully towards end of year
Pics of my car can be found in Members Profiles area of this site

Welcome to site by the way - Always good to see another Aussie here

Tylenol
08-18-2004, 09:04 AM
Hey Tylenol, you in Sydney or Brisbane? or somewhere else?
Sydney.

Does anyone know where to get towbars and bike racks for Elantras in Sydney? The Astrel ones seem too expensive :( I was looking to get both the towbar and bike rack for a reasonably low price as the bikes aren't even worth that much!!!

ElantraFX
12-01-2004, 04:12 AM
Hey there people, i just bought a silver 04 elantra FX manual hatch (2.0 HVT, but with 15in profin aloys and spoiler). So far the car is relativley stock, except for aloy pedal covers off the triburon and a new gear knob. There seems to be a wealth of information out there about doing up the XD, but no australian bassed car clubs. We should all meet up, discuss the elantra and go for a cruise.

khmerjay
01-14-2005, 02:58 AM
Hows it goin peeps! I got 03/04 Elantra Elite Its lowered on kingsprings and sittting on 17 inch gold lensos i also have an xforce muffler tip on it ... i'll try and get up some pics.... I was also wondering if any1 would be interested in making an elantra club... I'm in The hills district in sydney by the way.

Seinster
01-15-2005, 05:50 AM
Sounds great jay, Can't wait to see those pics. I'd love an elantra club, but I'm like the only melbournian here, hehe. There's a few of you sydneysiders on here but.

Welcome to the site.

Yellow_Elantra
01-16-2005, 04:35 AM
Hi im from regional NSW

what kind of club are you thinking about?

i own a 2004 Elantra FX sedan
Member page - https://www.elantraxd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4516

I have put in cruise controll in my car (pics in members thread)
all other aspects are as factory

my (wet ;) )dreams are:
1. to lower with 17 or 18 inch wheels
2. front spoiler and side skirts
3. Alpine headunit
4. Alpine 6x9 r series on rear shelf
5. Alpine DD Linear Splits in front doors
6. 2x Alpine 4ch amps i bridged for front speakers and the 2nd one bridged for rear speakers
7. seventh and long shot alpine r series sub with third brigded 2ch amp

also, i currently work at a car audio place in my city and have the opportunity to get all these audio products for cost price

the only thing is having enough money :( ;)

any way, i am interested in creating an australian club or even section of this site (if possibe and enough interest :D )

any other aussie thoughts???

regards

ben

ElantraElite
01-27-2005, 09:22 AM
Well i just thought i might add my bit aswell, Im from melbourne, ordered the new Hyundai Elantra Elite sedan in ebony black a couple of weeks ago, i love it! the test drive was enough for me to buy it.

Well i wouldnt mind an Aussie Hyundai Club, if i could find time to drive up to nsw. ill be around sydney with some mates at the end of the year, so id piss off me mates and come see some aussie XD's.

Yellow Elantra - I see your on your P's, i guess im not the youngest here after all. Im on my P's aswell

Black2k3
01-31-2005, 07:21 AM
Hey guys, just recently joined, good to see that there are others out there interested in Elantras. I own a 2003 Ebony Black Elantra GL. Haven't done much performance wise, except remove air filter and replaced it with a Simota Racing Pod. I'm concentrating more on the stereo for now. Future plans include bigger wheels, jetspeed bodykit, and more stereo.

I'll put up some photos when I get a chance.

Brad.

chrisgoo
03-19-2005, 04:57 AM
Hey all

I've got a 2004 Silver manual Elantra, stock nothing done to it, except for some stone chips, etc... :mad:

Not sure if I qualify as an enthusiast?? I do like the drive of it (except for reverse - so touchy!) I also had some trouble with the dealer (which I'll elaborate on when I get a chance).

I'm in Melbourne also. I'll post again soon.

Cheers
Chris

Seinster
03-24-2005, 11:17 PM
G'day Chris!
I've also got a 2004 silver manual and live in melb!
I'm in the south eastern suburbs.

Did you get the sedan or hatch?

BTW welcome to the site!

Diabolique
04-01-2005, 04:40 AM
Hey all,

I'm in Syd, just got a brand new Ebony Black Elantra - I didn't get the elite but the base model and I have done a little bit to it:

Astrel Body Kit
17' RJR Circuit Chromies with Silverstone tyres
Clear side indicators
Electric antenna
OEM Rear Spoiler
Blue Headlights
Lowered suspension
New filter
Have an M&S Carart front grill waiting to be sprayed and then I can install it
Have a bunch of stuff on the way from Korea as we speak (Chrome tweeters etc)

Waiting for Bretton on PSC to release that Sports exhaust system :D

SCROOGE
04-01-2005, 04:56 AM
Got any pic's ??

Diabolique
04-01-2005, 05:28 AM
I will if someone can tell me where I can possibly upload them too? I don't have any web space :(

P.S. Thanks for the info on the clear indicators Scrooge, they look good :D

chrisgoo
04-06-2005, 09:29 PM
G'day Chris!
I've also got a 2004 silver manual and live in melb!
I'm in the south eastern suburbs.

Did you get the sedan or hatch?

BTW welcome to the site!

Thanks Seinster, I got the hatch, the sedans look crap from behind and I need maximum boot space for lugging stuff around.

I'm in the eastern suburbs, got mine from the Nunawading branch who can kiss my a55. They tried to make me pay for $1000 package of Paint,vinyl & fabric protection and tinted windows when I didn't want it or sign for it.

They reduced it to $470 'cost' price but I still wouldn't pay. I took it to ACCC and I ended up getting the car. They took the fabric, vinyl protection and tinted windows off. I still haven't got any apology from anyone.

That's the short version :D

ElantraElite
04-09-2005, 09:41 AM
Hey they offered me the Paint protection crap down at Kevin Dennis but i got a lovely $1538 extra, i told them ill take the risk of the paint protection. and mine didnt include tinted windows.

I perfer the Sedan over the hatch, the design looks more complete. i guess its really a matter of personal perferance...

chrisgoo did you get the base model? id love to know what deals everyone got.

I brought a 2005 Elantra Elite Sedan, i take delivery in 3 months... because i wanted a 5speed manual in the Elite they had to put in a factory order for the Elite because they now only come in Auto and you must order it in Manual.

The deal i got was the Elantra Elite, Sedan, Black, Tinted Windows (Darkest tint possible), Car mats and spoiler, plus on road costs and Delivery all for $23,500

chrisgoo
04-11-2005, 06:25 AM
Yeah, I actually didn't even look at the sedan cause i knew i needed the hatch for extra space, but I didn't like it after i eventually saw it.

I got tinted windows done at the Tint Professor at cost price, special they had going at the time, can't even remember the price ~$200-250 somewhere around there.

So I still got the paint protection I think, because they can't take it off, that's even if there was any paint protection to start with....

I got my elantra when it was $1000 off, so $17990 plus on roads, I ended up getting it for $20,275. I didn't really bargain too hard, my budget was $20000 so once it was close I couldn't be bothered.

My old car needed $1000+ of work just for another year's use - new starter motor, new tires (front right had some wire coming thru), rego, insurance.

We suspect that's why they may have tried to scam the extra $1000 b/c I needed a car, but my bro got a company car and I could have used his old car until I got mine.

I only would have had to drive it for a day anyway as I eventually got it the day after my rego ran out - just the BS I had to go to get what I ordered for the price I signed the contract for. They're sooo stupid, the contract was as watertight as anything and they still tried to scam me... I wonder how many ppl get scammed (pay $X) by dealers. I reported them to Today Tonight (who are now sponsored by Hyundai...) and ACA, but no response.

The elite was an extra $5000 at that time. (got mine June 04)

I also got custom fitted mats for $50 (one piece for the back seats) from one of the ladies at work (her husband makes them). They're waterproof as well. I had a bottle of water in the back seat and it leaked the whole bottle, i took the mat out and poured it all off.

That sounds like a great deal ElantraElite. I did however give the test car (which was the Elite model) a thrashing, as they were busy, they let me take it out on my own both times I test drove it.

Chris

Seinster
04-12-2005, 05:24 AM
Interesting buying stories.
I was also pushed to have the protection packs, and it was the only unpleasant thing that really happened to me because they kept on and on about it.
I was driving a VTSII Berlina until gas prices started rising and I wanted to get rid of it before the price really dropped on them. So after I got 19,500 for it, I went into the dealership with my dad with the firm price of 19,500 in my head.
Cost at the time was 18,990 for the base model plus reg, dealer delivery, stamp duty, etc... :D
Was able to knock off like $1-1.5K off total asking price so I got my figure.

I got tint done at tint-a-car in north melbourne, I highly recommend them. I would have gone with the tint professor, but they wouldn't put on 20% film, so they lost my business. However my dad got his mazda6 tinted with them (35%) and it does look good. Tint costed me $240.

I will if someone can tell me where I can possibly upload them too? I don't have any web space
Go here, to the file upload section: http://www.nitrousworld.com/
Then thank FordFasteRR (https://www.elantraxd.com/forums/member.php?userid=51). :)

Diabolique
04-12-2005, 06:16 PM
Thanks for that Seinster, I will put them up hopefully this weekend in the members section.

My Elantra, which is the base model, ended up costing me $27,250. I traded in my coupe for $10,500 so I had to pay $16,750. With this however I got the Astrel bodykit fitted and painted, 17" RJR Chrome wheels with new rubber, car lowered on King Springs, fog lights fitted(they don't come standard on base model), electric antenna fitted(also doesn't come standard on base model), the leather gearknob from the elite, seat covers(which I have taken off cause I don't like them you want them then offer me a price), rear spoiler painted and fitted and I can't remember what else. At the end of me telling the dealer exactly what I wanted he calculated that my car was fully optioned out and would cost me around $32,000. I managed to talk it down to $27,250 which is nearly $5000 off so I was a happy camper :) I also managed to get a 6 year warranty chucked in there which covers all my options including wheels, springs and bodykit(hence why I had the dealer put them on).

I didn't get offered up any of this paint protection stuff while I was there but I did recieve a coupon in the mail telling me I could get $250 off any two options on this manual which included paint protection on it. If your wondering why I didn't end up going with the elite then it's because I don't like the look of cheap leather, I think it makes the car look tacky.

P.S. Anyone know a good place in Sydney that does car seat installations? I want to swap out the drivers seat for a more supportive one.

ElantraElite
04-13-2005, 08:15 AM
It interesting to see what everyone paid for there Elantra's, Diabolique i went the opposite way to you, i didnt like the design on the cloth trim, and i wanted a car with all the little goodies, cruise, trip computer, arm rests, side airbags, you know all the little nick naks.

If its worth anything on the contract but i got the dealer to put in writing on my contract that the price of the car will not rise at all from what i signed for.

The dealer has been very good so far, but my final word on weather id recommend them depends on how it all goes when i pick the car up at the end of July.

Im a sedan man, i havnt really gone for the hatches.

LOL, it looks like everyone thrashes the test car. Im from werribee and when i first test drove the Elantra i went to Werribee Hyundai (Total Wankers wouldnt budge from $26,700) they didnt even bother about coming into the car with me, I went along the back roads go the Elantra up 165k down the back roads and it was great fun. Thats when i knew the Elantra was a fun car to drive.

This car ****s over the Lancers, alot more power and a more technologically advanced engine.

for anyone who is interested head over to www.elantraclub.com and check it out, im a more regular member there and its awesome! we have a people there that work behind the scenes at HMA (Hyundai Motor America) It's a great community and everyone is really polite.

Diabolique
04-13-2005, 06:58 PM
How come you have to wait till July to pick your Elantra up?

P.S. The photos will be coming up the weekend following the 26th of April as my car is going into the panel shop for three days for some "work". It's going to look great and I can't wait to get some feedback on what I'm having done to it.

ElantraFX
04-16-2005, 02:34 AM
I ended up getting my Elantra on the road for 20k, with tints, aloys and a spoiler from Paul Wakeling in Campbelltown.
that was in August 2004, so now my car has 10,000kms and is going great, im going to get the 20mm swaybar fitted from performance styling centre soon, will set me back $220.

Diabolique
04-16-2005, 04:41 AM
I ended up getting my Elantra on the road for 20k, with tints, aloys and a spoiler from Paul Wakeling in Campbelltown.
that was in August 2004, so now my car has 10,000kms and is going great, im going to get the 20mm swaybar fitted from performance styling centre soon, will set me back $220.

You should notice a different in body roll with the rear sway bar fitted, while your there you should get the sports exhaust system fitted as well (if you want to). I know it doesn't list it on the site for the 2004 model Elantra but it is available(had mine put on two weeks ago). It is a direct replacement of the stock system and bolts straight up, took them about fifteen minutes to install mine and I can't be happier with it. It has a nice deep rumble and the chrome tip looks great, also the fact that they had the dump pipe available saved me from chopping up my bodykit :D

ElantraElite
04-16-2005, 01:53 PM
I've heard this rear sway bar is the most effiecent mod you could get done to the Elantra in the handling department. Looks like ill be having a long road trip to PSC. I really want to get the sports exhuast system fitted to mine.

Diabolique - this recording is from a member of the Elantra Club, he recorded his car and it sounds awesome, i want mine to sound something like this.
Rev (http://www.geocities.com/hyundai_elantra_elite/rev.wav)
Drive By (http://www.geocities.com/hyundai_elantra_elite/driveby.wav)

I've had to wait until July to pick up my Elantra because they have dropped the 5 Speed Manual from the Elite line-up. But the Manual can be ordered as a Factory order which has to be put through to Korea and they will make it and have it sent down with the next shipment.

It doesnt bother me to wait. Just gives me some time to save some more money while there getting it all ready.

Seinster
04-16-2005, 02:59 PM
I reckon PSC is a rip off. :(
Call around local exhaust places first for quote on either 2.25 or 2.5" mandrel bent cat back.
PSC offers a 2" system which is the same as stock. LIKE WTF!??!!?
You could almost get a stainless steel cat-back for the cost of their exhausts.

BTW I love PSC. Bought my pedals from them! ;)

MAJOR piss-off now about not having an center armrest/storage bin, going to be calling wreckers to see if can get one off the 2002 model.

ElantraElite
04-17-2005, 03:23 AM
Seinster, Good luck finding a wrecked Elantra, with the armrest and storage bin you may need to get the armrest recovered because it will be a black cloth with a different pattern.

Do you have a Sedan or Hatch?

Diabolique
04-17-2005, 07:18 PM
I've heard this rear sway bar is the most effiecent mod you could get done to the Elantra in the handling department. Looks like ill be having a long road trip to PSC. I really want to get the sports exhuast system fitted to mine.

Diabolique - this recording is from a member of the Elantra Club, he recorded his car and it sounds awesome, i want mine to sound something like this.
Rev (http://www.geocities.com/hyundai_elantra_elite/rev.wav)
Drive By (http://www.geocities.com/hyundai_elantra_elite/driveby.wav)

I've had to wait until July to pick up my Elantra because they have dropped the 5 Speed Manual from the Elite line-up. But the Manual can be ordered as a Factory order which has to be put through to Korea and they will make it and have it sent down with the next shipment.

It doesnt bother me to wait. Just gives me some time to save some more money while there getting it all ready.

Thats not far off what mine sounds like, mine is a little deeper though. I got the quick shifter put on while I was there and that is going great as well.

In about a weeks time my car is going in to get everything sprayed body colour, including my custom grill, this will be the last thing I do to the oustside and then I will be focusing on audio and intake. Do any of you have an intake on an 04+ model?

ElantraFX
04-20-2005, 07:59 AM
Firstly, i don't think i'll go with a sports exhaust system, i do alot of highway driving, and if there is one thing i learnt from my camry, 4 cyclendars and sports exhaust a droning car do make, sounded cool when driving around, but yeah can get annoying, personal prefereance really, you won't get much gains with a cat-back system.
I have a k&n panel filter and removed part of the intake system but still have the resonator fitted, removing it does make the car sound alot louder, again personal preferance.
Oh yeah and if anyone finds a place that does have a wrecked elantra or sells centre console storage bins for them, let me know, damn hvt and lack of storage. I could get off Hyundai but i dread the price.

ElantraElite
04-21-2005, 02:51 AM
Elantra FX, now that i do think about it, the exhaust would get one my nerves, i never thought about how annoying it might get on the highway. Ill reconsider that now.

I'm not too sure that trying to find a wrecked Elantra will be that easy like you said. If you try the Yellowpages online and type in Hyundai, im sure that would be an excellent place to start if you dont have anyone in the business.

Hopefully you find one, its a nice addition to the Elantra, as the HVT Centre console is a little wierd. The only thing it has over the Elite and FX console is that it has a cup holder...i doubt anyone cares about that...

Diabolique
04-21-2005, 03:20 AM
Don't quote me on this but I have heard that the handbrake setup is different on the HVT compared to the Elite, if that holds true then I don't think the centre console will be inter-changeable between the two. I can ask the guy down at the Hyundai workshop for you next Tuesday when I take my car in.

ElantraFX
04-23-2005, 06:28 AM
Yeah im getting someone at performance styling centre to ask around at the wreckers, its possible that one from an earlier XD GLS will fit, i just would like a centre console storage bin. Doesn't matter now, my car is off the road after an unfortunate accident with a kerb. My dad was driving at the time, when a car came out of no-where at a roundabout, he swerved to evade. The car lost all grip and understeered into a gutter doing about 40km/h. Part of the aloys outer rim broke off, and the wheel was warped. To make matters worse the impact bent the steering cross member and now the car isn't drivable, repairs start on tues, thankfully no-one was hurt.
All i have to say is this, if you have the OEM tyres Hyundai fitted (im my case hankook 866s, 185/65/15) then get rid of them and put something better on. Im probably getting Kumho ECSTA KH11s or something similar in a 205/55/15. The stock tyres were too skinny and not grippy enough. I belive that with better tyres, the accident my dad had would have been lessened, or avoided all together.

ElantraElite
04-23-2005, 11:25 AM
ElantraFX, sorry to hear the bad news, lucky no one got hurt. What prices have you gotten for the Kumho KH11's? If i remember right, the elite has Michelims on the alloys, i dont know how well they will stack up but if there just as **** as the Hankooks then there getting pissed off.

ElantraElite
04-26-2005, 09:19 AM
Also just thought i might ask, has anyone ever had to use there 5yr/130k warrenty? and how did anyone go with getting there car fixed? Was there any dramas?

I told the dealer straight out im taking my elantra to get serviced but a qualified person who doesn't work for Hyundai and uses genuine parts and they told me it's fine with them as long as they are not repairing it in a backyard...

ElantraFX
04-27-2005, 05:41 AM
Haven't had a chance to look at prices for kuhmos yet. Im annoyed i got hankooks in the first place, as i have the same aloys as the elite.
No waranty issues so far, i've been getting my car serviced by Hyundai, prices have been reasonable, service is good and i get a free carwash.

jh0n
04-27-2005, 06:11 AM
I find the hankooks to be fairly decent, I had an accent before the elantra and the tyres on the accent did a great job of holding the car off the showroom floor and very little else. I have a PSC rear sway bar as well and I must say the hankooks have served me pretty well. Thats not to say I will refit them, just that they seem pretty good, a damn sight better than the ` kooks on my accent which were a joke. In the wet the `kooks on the accent were atrocious, you had to peddle and steer on roundabouts and especially just after it starts raining, I have had no problems such as this on the elantra. I punted them pretty hard in the dry when I first fitted the PSC rear bar in the dry and they equated themselves pretty well, not outstanding, but pretty well. I think the difference in the 2 cars mentioned is that at 185 the elantra ` kooks are just wide enough as compared to the wheel barrow tyres on the accent. Just my opinion though. :)

ElantraElite
04-28-2005, 04:21 AM
Elantra FX, How much do you pay for the "minor" services? I wouldnt let Hyundai diagnose a problem with a car if they were the last people on earth! My mates Granduer had a flat battery and instead Hyundai charged them for an Altenator! bloody hopeless! If they can't diagnose a flat battery, i dont think ill take it to Hyundai. this is kevin dennis hyundai where im from though.

ElantraFX
04-29-2005, 06:47 AM
You know it might sound kinda crazy but if the battery has gone flat there is a chance its because it isn't getting charged. Anyway not to worry got the 5 year warranty so if anything goes wrong guess who is paying. The first service cost me $85 which was an optional one at 7,500kms.

ElantraElite
04-29-2005, 11:28 AM
thats a reasonable price. lol well the problems with the granduer all had to be fixed 3 months after the 5 year warrenty, because the dealer kept putting off fixing it until the warrenty was out. even after they installed a new altenator the car still wouldnt kick over properly, once the battery was changed its been all good.

Does hyundai service centres use Natural oil or Synthetic oil?

Diabolique
04-30-2005, 06:28 AM
You know it might sound kinda crazy but if the battery has gone flat there is a chance its because it isn't getting charged. Anyway not to worry got the 5 year warranty so if anything goes wrong guess who is paying. The first service cost me $85 which was an optional one at 7,500kms.

Did that happen to be just an oil change?

ElantraFX
05-02-2005, 03:38 AM
um i don't know what kind of oil, i'll ask next time. They checked up on other stuff too, but basically the only major thing was an oil change, i may end up doing it on my own later on, depends.

ElantraElite
05-02-2005, 06:11 AM
Hyundai is suppose to use natural oil and is brought in a drum, and is basically just crap. synthetic is the way to go, find a good qualified machanic and stick to them, also make sure they used genuine parts and nothing else so Hyundai can void the warrenty, I asked my Hyundai dealer if it was ok to do so and they told me as long as they use genuine parts and are qualified then i have nothing to worry about. basically a back yard machanic is a no go.

ElantraFX
05-05-2005, 04:08 AM
Hmm, i'll have to look around.
Yay my car is back on the road.

ElantraElite
05-05-2005, 09:57 AM
Congrats! FX, im sure your happy to see your Elantra back to its normal condition

Diabolique
05-12-2005, 02:20 AM
Ok other Aussies come and take a look at my ride and tell me what you think.

https://www.elantraxd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7707

Also, any of you in Sydney going to Autosalon this weekend?

Seinster
05-16-2005, 08:24 AM
Where'd ya score the M&S grill from yo?
My stock tyres were kumho's too, but 185's, but that got changed when I scored the roh instincts to a 195 michelin. It handles pretty good way better than a stock steelie lemme tellya! So stupid they put on 185's considering the car's specs say 195's are the way to go.

The autosalon would've been good PSC advetised they had a car there any1 go?

ElantraElite
05-16-2005, 09:41 AM
Did anyone go to the one in Melbourne not long ago?

Diabolique
05-16-2005, 07:27 PM
Seinster, I got it from http://www.motorimpact.com - I spoke on email with a guy there called Adam who hooked me up.

Didn't make it to Austosalon unfortunately, spent some quality time with my girlfriend instead *sniff* hehe

Denki
07-04-2005, 07:43 AM
hey diabolique lovin that front grille! nice looking ride champ how big are the rims you packin?

Also has ne1 had ne probs with there diffs??? i have almost destroyed mine, ne cost estimates for hyundai to put in a new 1?? an would it be covered by warranty?

Cheers Grant.

also reversed into a concrete wall and created a small scratch and dent in the back drivers side quater, but gettin it fixed soon enough.

Diabolique
07-27-2005, 03:32 AM
Thanks Denki, the wheel's are 17's.

Haven't had any problems so far *touches wood*

chrisgoo
09-29-2005, 09:34 PM
Hey all, I've been away awhile but now that I have laryngitis I'm sitting on the computer... I got my Elantra in May 2004, it's now coming up to 19,000kms, no problems with it so far, got the driver's door decal replaced about a month ago (upright of driver side window (black part started peeling) - was replaced under warranty.

It's still stock standard, but I was thinking of getting the slimline weathershields to start. Does anyone have them? I generally drive with the windows slightly open and just being through winter, wasn't always able to.

Cheers
Chris

ElantraElite
10-04-2005, 07:16 AM
Hey guys,

A few of the members at Elantra Club are having a meet in Ballarat... Anyone interested?

Come on everyone in Victoria and close by! Meet up for the very first Aussie Elantra meet!!

The event will be held on the 23rd October 2005 (A Sunday)

Anyone interested; email me at [email protected] or PM me!!