Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

Buying new .. Rebate $ and how much dealer contribution do you expect ?

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  hyunelan2 
#1 ·
Hey all,

We are trying to deal on a Elantra Touring and so far the auto section has every dealer throwing $1000 dealer $ at new cars plus any HMC rebate $

once pressed they said they would pony up $1500 but that was unheard of and don't expect more anywhere else ...

that seems odd- when we went to the subaru place they threw $1500 or $1625 out before we asked for money off ...

Should we be satisfied that $1500 is a fair dealer discount in addition to rebates ???

thank youguys !!

- buying new is a lot different than going grocery shopping - they say make an offer,then say it is an insult-then you say well if I shoot too low ya say no- if I don't ask you don't give,so where/how do we find the sweet spot where I know you guys are giving some pain,and we are getting a good deal ?.. and then the back and forth begins ...... and goes on and on and on... :rolleyes::D:D

#2 ·
I can't attest to the prices right now, but the last new vehicle I bought (April 2010), negotiations were MUCH easier using email. I just sent messages back and forth between a few dealers, went in to test drive, went back to email negotiating and had everything set and in writing (print) before I went in to sign any paperwork. I'd highly recommend email negotiations to anyone looking to purchase.

#4 ·
I don't know if it's a written contract, but it keeps them from changing things on you mid-sentence.

"You said it would be $xxxxx.xx - see."

Make sure you also negotiate bottom-line figures, including taxes, doc frees, etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.