2007-2010 Hyundai Elantra a best pick for teens [Archive] - Hyundai Elantra Forum

: 2007-2010 Hyundai Elantra a best pick for teens

SuperGLS
03-15-2011, 08:26 AM
According to Consumer reports the 2007-2010 Hyundai Elantra (or Sonata) is a best pick for teenagers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w64xWEAmw4

100% free webcam site! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=0) | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=2) | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3 (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=4)

01RedRocket
03-15-2011, 01:07 PM
Seems counter-intuitive to what my dad believes lol. My first car was a POS death trap 1984 Pontiac 6000 (older than I am!).

mtlelantra
03-15-2011, 01:18 PM
Sucks for Hyundai... the safe and reliable image isn't cool for teens looking to score...

hyunelan2
03-15-2011, 01:24 PM
Doesn't suck for Hyundai - teens aren't buying brand-new cars, their parents are. (in the instance when a kid is put in a new car. Used cars, Hyundai corporate doesn't care, they're not making a sale off of those).

mtlelantra
03-15-2011, 07:23 PM
I hope you don't think I was being serious...

SuperGLS
03-15-2011, 10:33 PM
Hahaha, fun.

100% free webcam site! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=0) | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=2) | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3 (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=4)

UrbanerMezei
03-16-2011, 07:32 AM
It would be a great car for teen males. It's so gutless there is no chance they'll be pulling stunts in it.

ki11er90
04-13-2011, 09:48 PM
My first car was a 1990 BMW 750il

V12 engine . . . that was way too much power for a 16 year old kid . . . lol.

It started leaking and I never got it checked, it turned out to be tranny fluid and I said forget it. Paid 2g for a car but wasnt going to pay 3g to replace the tranny.

Gman
04-14-2011, 08:31 AM
My daughter a senior in HS and in her friend group there is 2 - 01/05 sonata, 2 - 06/09 sonata, 2 - XD/XD2.

Jack99
02-24-2013, 01:01 AM

My teenage college son has a 2008 Elantra. Easy to drive, its comfortable, its easy on gas and its reliable. The "top 4" items that all folks want in a daily drive vehicle.

Actually, I love his Elantra vehicle so much, we're thinking of buying an Accent (which is baby sister to the Elantra model) for his younger age daughter this fall.

xAlvarox
02-24-2013, 03:00 AM
I'm 17 and I love my elantra, it may not be that horsepower fueled monster or the best eye candy but damn its reliable and has a great look to it. Everything I need in a car for now haha.

Jack99
02-24-2013, 10:01 AM
Hi xAlvarox.

Love your signature file. And 1,000% agree with you. Modding a vehicle is a waste of money. For example, install K&N, louder muffler, lowering kit, tail fins, sun roofs (that eventually leak), fancy steering wheel cover, fancy looking peddles, etc. etc. and try to sell the car afterwards. Being non-stock configuration, I bet one gets less selling dollars for the vehicle. Especially when trading it in at a dealers. For me, NO mods that don't create safety increase. Yes, brighter headlights - since the factory low light H11B bulbs suck (simply replace with store bought H9 bulbs) and a rear swar bar replacement (using a factory Elantra Touring model sway bar - PN: 55510-2L100) to eliminate its factory rear "mush" suspension. ALL other cosmetic and 3rd party performance mods are a waste of dollars. When one gets into their age 30-40s and looks back in life, they too will ask that famous question. Question of, "Why did I waste so much dollars modding vehciles"? Vehicles are drive (to get one's tail from point A and point B) and "throw away" when they get worn out item in life. They are nothing more. Glad you 1,000% agree with me as well....

xAlvarox
02-24-2013, 01:30 PM
Hi xAlvarox.

Glad you 1,000% agree with me as well....

lolol Jack do you not remember we discussed this many moons ago thoroughly?? Yes I do agree with what you are saying that most modding is a waste of money, and if you sell it to a dealer they wont give you as much. However, I do believe that someones car should be their own and because of that they should make it their own, make it the way they like. I put rims on my car because that's what I wanted, I didn't like the look of hubs on steelies and went that extra mile to get some rims. I wouldn't call it a waste of money because I love my wheels and it improves the way my car looks. YES cars are for transportation but that doesn't mean it should remain exactly like other peoples, make it your own, have fun with it, but don't go spending a fortune on it just because.

avantegt
02-24-2013, 02:12 PM
Alvaro has a great point!

The reason I mod my car is because there might be that chance that some hot shot ricky racer trying to race it through a windy road only to be surprised.

I believe the HD is an excellent choice for a first car because it isn't as sporty looking as the XD or XD2, and is probably less tempting for someone to mod or try to go fast in.

hyundave
02-24-2013, 03:35 PM
Hahahahahaha I love all of this.

I'm 19 now. I've had my HD for over 2 years. All this about "it's such a safe car and not sporty, it's gotta be great for a male who doesn't want to mod a car or get chicks".

While you all have a point... it's slow as ****, it's ugly as hell, and it's mainly driven by 70 year old women... I still love my car. I'd like to say I've modded mine pretty well. Sure it's not fast but the audio is damn nice and I love how she looks now.

I've had a number of girls actually really interested in my car. (They're also women... and don't know a good car vs a bad one except for how much $$$ it costs). Having a sub and a ps2 is a definite conversation starter as strange as that may seem.

So looking back.. sure. I probably would have gone with a sportier car, but hey. I get good mpg and have never had an engine problem. I can't complain. It's whatever you make out of your car really. That's all that matters.

avantegt
02-24-2013, 04:53 PM
Hahahahahaha I love all of this.

I'm 19 now. I've had my HD for over 2 years. All this about "it's such a safe car and not sporty, it's gotta be great for a male who doesn't want to mod a car or get chicks".

While you all have a point... it's slow as ****, it's ugly as hell, and it's mainly driven by 70 year old women... I still love my car. I'd like to say I've modded mine pretty well. Sure it's not fast but the audio is damn nice and I love how she looks now.

I've had a number of girls actually really interested in my car. (They're also women... and don't know a good car vs a bad one except for how much $$$ it costs). Having a sub and a ps2 is a definite conversation starter as strange as that may seem.

So looking back.. sure. I probably would have gone with a sportier car, but hey. I get good mpg and have never had an engine problem. I can't complain. It's whatever you make out of your car really. That's all that matters.
Says the guy with the best looking HD ever...

songee623
02-24-2013, 05:10 PM
^ ill second that!

Transport00
06-13-2013, 02:49 AM
Yeah... The 2007-2010 Hyundai Elantra tops the Consumer Reports list for best small car for teenagers returning to school. :)