HELP! 26k miles, car makes strange noise (brakes?) on RT turns [Archive] - Hyundai Elantra Forum

: HELP! 26k miles, car makes strange noise (brakes?) on RT turns

raze203
11-21-2004, 11:05 PM
One day I got a flat tire on the passenger rear (Right Rear).

I put the donut on, drove to the tire center, and purchased a new tire, which they mounted on the rim. I was in a rush, so I took the tire home (balanced and everything) and swapped the driver front (LF) to the RR, and put the new tire on the drivers front side. This is because I just purchased a new tire on the right front (RF) 4 months ago.

Now that I have 2 new tires up front, the car (only on right turns) makes a very loud rubbing noise (repetitive 'dunk,dunk,dunk,dunk...' noise) which gets louder as I turn right harder. Not a peep on straight or left turns (even hard left turns). The noise is coming from my front LEFT wheel.

It is also time for me to change my front brake pads.

Is this noise something that has to do with brakes getting low? Or something that could be damaged under warrantee (wheel berings, etc). It just started around the same time I rotated my tires around.

On a side note (possibly related):
From dead stop acceleration, the car pulls to the left around 4k in 1st gear. Any relation?

platinumnj
11-21-2004, 11:40 PM
I think it would be because of you axles.... same thing happened to my honda when i had one....

only1db
11-21-2004, 11:50 PM
check your axel seals...a boot might have a rip in it....and might have gone bad...just my .02

FordFasteRR
11-22-2004, 08:50 AM
take it to the dealer, I would say that this problem can be pawned off as a warranty repair... :)

raze203
11-22-2004, 05:12 PM
Ok, how/what is a boot seal, and how do I check it?