Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

Should i buy or not?

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  TheKoreanSaab 
#1 ·
I am in opportunity to buy a 2003 1,6l elantra,but i have doubts about engine noise(clicking)!The car have 150000 km on clock.Did someone have same problem with the engine? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

#2 ·
Hello app,

Not sure if we have too many Croatian members, but welcome nonetheless!

Understand that you're looking at a nearly 10 year old car. Imperfections will be rampant. I'll let some more mechanically inclined people here comment on engine clicking, but if it makes you uneasy I'd pass.

#3 ·
Thank You for advise!! I have elantra 2004 1,6 gls,but i was considering to buy another for my wife.In Croatia we have too many mecanics with no knowlage about resolving problems on Hyundai vechicles so i have full confidence in your opinion!!!Thanks agin with compliments from Zagreb!!!

#7 ·
I would have to say it might be the hidraulic valve lifters , mine has the same issue , except i don`t want to hear it , and just keep on driving.
You could change the oil , but i think nothing much will happen ...
Anyhow nothing bad will happen to the motor because the valve lifters make that noise.It`s almost normal (heard it on tonnes of cars)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.