Considering 05 Elantra GLS [Archive] - Hyundai Elantra Forum

: Considering 05 Elantra GLS

Ndubz
04-24-2012, 12:56 AM
Hey everyone, I've read the board for awhile but this is my first post. I'm going to be looking at an 05 Elantra with only 30k miles for $7,000. I'm looking for some feedback on the car from Anyone with some expierence. Is it fun to drive? Does it feel quick for a smaller car? Any input on available accessories/modifications? I don't knOw much about rims bu I think I would want to get sOmething nice as I can't stand hubcaps, would most rims fit (not hard to find?)

Thanks a lot!!!

songee623
04-24-2012, 01:04 AM
Welcome to EXD! enjoy your stay.
make sure timing belt was done, they can be fun to drive with but with the right mods they can be made to handle like a gocart. it has some get up and go again a few mods and you can pick up a few ponies and make it sound better. rims are not too hard to find. search around the rim gallery thread.

avantegt
04-24-2012, 01:26 AM
Welcome!
As far as wheels go, look for something with a 4x114.3 lug pattern.
They are great cars to drive and can easily spank most civics out there on the road.

xAlvarox
04-24-2012, 02:20 AM
30k miles ???? well thats sounds great :D, it will definitely give you a lot more life out of the car. Welcome to the community by the way :D

Ndubz
04-24-2012, 05:32 AM
Thanks for the quick input everyone!
Yeah - I couldn't believe the mileage and when I looked up more used listings I was finding that year with 75k+ miles for between $6-$7,000 so my first impression was that it was a pretty good price for a car that is damn near "like new" considering the amount of miles that it could potentially last for. Also looks like the seller made a couple small additions; tinted windows, dark tail lights. I'd post pics but its not my car at this point - if everything checks out I'm hoping it will be within the next couple days. This would be my first Hyundai, my other 2 cars were 01 and 03 Sentra's.

ki11er90
04-24-2012, 10:04 AM
Welcome!