How much did you pay for Wheel Balancing & Rotation? [Archive] - Hyundai Elantra Forum

: How much did you pay for Wheel Balancing & Rotation?

BlackElantraGT
12-01-2004, 06:06 AM
This was the first time I've had to balance and rotate my tires since I've gotten my new rims. I wanted it balanced on a Hunter Road Force machine and use sticky tape weights. Most places around me wanted $15 per wheel. I ended up taking it to a Goodyear tire place because if you brought in a toy for their Toys for Tots campaign, they gave you $10 off any $20 service. So my total came to a little over $50 instead of $60. That seems a bit steep for something you're supposed to do every 6-7K miles.

I'm used to paying Costco $16 for the balancing (free rotation at Costco, lifetime balancing if your tires were purchased there). The only problem is Costco's policy states that they do not work on any car unless the wheels are OEM spec.

How much are you guys paying for your wheel balancing/rotation and are you guys also using sticky weights?

SWortham
12-01-2004, 10:08 AM
Discount Tire does balancing for $10/wheel last time I paid for it. I'm not sure about rotation although that should be free after the wheels are already off. But they'll do the balancing & rotation for free if you buy tires from there.

Oh, and yes I'm using sticky weights. They pretty much always do that with aftermarket wheels I think.

ilanpro
12-01-2004, 10:58 AM
$45 max

Elkane7533
12-01-2004, 05:40 PM
free rotation here. forget how much they charged for balancing

blupupher
12-02-2004, 10:05 AM
Once you get the tires balanced at Discount, they will re-balance and rotate for free after that. I paid $7.50/tire the last time I had it done, but I saw the other day that they have a deal now where they will give you lifetime balance/rotation/ and roadhazard on a new vehicle for like $50-60 total. Not a bad deal at all.