India [Archive] - Hyundai Elantra Forum

: India

thiyagy
12-28-2004, 09:06 AM
HI

In India 3 Versions are availabe, GT,GLS and CRDI .Of course first two being petrol engine,1.8 DOHC ,the third 2.0 litres diesel.May be for our roads this capacity is ok.

smgfan1224
12-29-2004, 07:17 PM
when i was there a couple years ago i remember pot holes the size of basketballs in the middle of the road. but now the i think the roads near mumbai are nice and paved.

thiyagy
01-02-2005, 06:55 AM
yap..But it is improving a lot.regarding the availablity of automobile range ..it si quite comparable (reasonably) to the rest of the world.I dont know whether u had seen good old days only ambassadors and fiat being driven on the roads.Now teh scenario is totally different..The gap has been wideley shortened with in the last decade.

I Have taken delivery of Elantra GLS 2004 model.Scarlet sage is the colour.My previous car,even though 5 years old, accent was fine.With a heavy heart,I parted with that.New car is Superb and certainly the car has all the facilities , whats being marketed in the US.Also the warranty is quite good when compared with opthers 4 years/80000KM
It is a great feeling to drive ELANTRA.

beeman
01-08-2005, 04:10 AM
Hey im from india as well, just bought the elantra after owning an astra for the past five years.........just put in some new wheels and alloys as well. What are you planning to mod?? :rolleyes:

thiyagy
01-08-2005, 08:06 PM
Hi..
As such only sunfilm for the windows.No need for any interior modification.The floor mat came as standard along with the car is carpet type, I have put up a rubber mat which is more easily washable.a nice leather grip for the steering,as I felt the thickness of the steering is a small.after wrapping with a nice leather steering grip it is more comfortable.

The stereo is OK. may be the rear speakers , if we change the music quality may be bit better.

beeman
01-09-2005, 09:06 AM
Ok no sunfilms for me...............too many problems with the cops over here. Interiors ive just put these plastic see thru mats over the original carpet types (they are nice but get dirty very quickly so these plastic ones are see tru and lets you see the carpet underneath)
Good idea about the steering wheel cover (altough it already comes with this leather cladding it is too thin, as you pointed out)
Yup i changed my rear speakers and the output is better now..........
Also changed my alloys to hijoins and wheels to bridgestone 225/R15/60's...........gives much more stability to this car, which otherwise feels quite light..

thiyagy
01-10-2005, 07:43 PM
More cars on the road being seen .I think Elantra has become more popular after the price reduction,the company has given during the year end.In Chennai it was around 9.1 laks, on road for GLS model.Certainly it is a nice car for that price with all options included.

Also,the warranty is most attractive 4years/80000 KM..I dont think any other manufacturer have offered this so far.

beeman
01-11-2005, 11:01 AM
i bought for 8 a very good price for this segment of cars. True it has become more popular now but i don't think it will sell beyond this also. Not too good with fuel consumption too..........how much is your giving?

thiyagy
01-11-2005, 07:24 PM
U mean 8 laks ex showroom?? plus road tax & Insurance ,I presume.
Regarding the milage, this being 1.8 lit engine and our traffic pattern u cant expect more than 8 to 9 km per litre.I drove the vehicle to bangalore and found the car was quite comforatble.esply when I manovered Chitoor curves, it reacted well. Braking also excellent no screeching etc.as it has done only 1200 Km, it is too early to asses the milage.

Overall I would certainly say it is a value for money vehicle and the sales must be better for hyuandai as compared to other comparable vehicles in this segment considering the warranty and service quality.

beeman
01-12-2005, 03:08 AM
Obviously road tax and insurance extra add around another 35,000/- .......haven't taken it out of the city as yet but done 1400/ kms already.........

I'm trying to develop a lowering kit for my car myself.............doing the drawings on cad-cam first..... :rolleyes: