Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

Official time slip discussion thread

10K views 56 replies 20 participants last post by  thewilson 
#1 ·
Ok, just wanted to have this to discuss the time slips thread...

:) :phone:

updating... i was just reading EVIL247's time slip..

holy crap....

you ran a stupendous 1/4 mile for your MPH...

holy crap...
you are running the same 1/4 mile as I am but you are doing it with 4 mph LESS !

that means that you have something special going on there... I think it might be the slicks...

Congrats !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

#9 · (Edited)
are my times so bad that you needed to ask?

its a manual. I'll post it on the slip part...I forgot to add that

EDIT: and in response to me being the zen master of milking a stock car...

you're lucky I didnt have time to take off the rear bumper cover.

I bet I could have gotten a 16.0x

if I really wanted to, I know I could get at least another 100lbs off of the weight too.

that weight was with me in it, btw...so my XD comes in at about 2660lbs

pretty crazy to think that I could knock another half second off of my time with drag tires.

$300 for .5 seconds in the 1/4 mile isnt bad

I saw an integra in the pits with slicks, so I decided to go say Hi.

They were some of the coolest damned people I've ever met at a track.
turns out, the owner is in my ME 1105 class at UTA.

his car ran an 11.7 at 124mph! (full interior on pump gas!)

looks completely stock too, his huge FMIC is painted flat black. I love it.

as a side note, sorry for the choppy post, Im doped up on coffee

EDIT: dont you guys hate the edit button?

I wonder just how much I could milk out of this car on these street tires while everything is still basically stock (engine wise, just intake and exhaust stuff)...lol, sounds like I may need to work on that.

#11 ·
tharptroy: Well I didn't weigh it prior to racing, but the door says GVWR 3945lbs, I'm assuming that is with a full tank of gas. I had 1/4 or less of gas, and I weigh in at a fat 135lbs an I had the spair tire and jack out. So you can make some conclusions. I have a GT hatch to, so you know its beefy already. I would have liked to have weighed it, but they didn't have a weigh station. I don't know what the actual weight is. If I find a weigh station I'll try and reweigh it with the same specs as when I raced.

#12 · (Edited)
my extra 50 lbs of blubber probably would have made up for any weight reduction that I had over you if you had a GLS.

so you probably weigh around 2950 if I had to guess

edit: based on MPH. I'd guess that our horsepower levels are about the same

GVWR is the maximum allowable weight for the vehicle

#13 ·
Yeah, they don't give a good estimate on what the GT weighs. What HP are you running again? I know there is a calculator that is posted that says I have 120whp, but that is off, I show on the dyno 128whp and 133lb/ft, as we've discussed. I also think my rims were holding me back, cause they are 6lbs heavier than stock each. So my savings of the spare tire and jack didn't really make a difference. Next time I go I'm gonna use the stock rims and see what difference that makes.

#14 · (Edited)
well, while it may increase your HP (trap speed), the stockers may hurt your 60' enough to offset the power gain....

trap speed is probably the most accurate way to estimate the engine's ability to accelerate (I said it, BETTER than a dyno, but its obviously more practical to do tuning on a dyno)

notice how consistent the trap speeds were on everyone's runs (with the exception of me, fooling with stuff)

the horsepower calculator I used came up with a 145 horsepower based on my traps and weight, and 143 horsepower based on the weight I guessed you had, and your trap speed.

dont use ET calculators for HP estimates, as having drag tires could knock as much as half a second off of your ET...and you wouldnt have increased power at all.

the MPH readings are pretty consistent (at our hp levels) as long as you dont mess up badly on the run. even a bad launch wont change your trap speeds much

EDIT: by the way, I havent dynoed my screwy setup.

#15 ·
I weighed my GT in Federal Way last summer and it was 3650 with 3 people and my speaker box inside. Ford and I also were discussing the weight on the car and we figure the car averages 2800 pounds for the GLS.

#16 · (Edited)
Pumbaa said:
Yeah, they don't give a good estimate on what the GT weighs. .
When I got my gt weighed at the junk yard last year it came out to 2900 pounds give or take a few pounds as for my trap speed it was some where around 84-85 mph I cant remember.But my 60 ft sucked

#17 ·
I may see if I can run down to the weigh station on I-5 near Enchanted village late at night when its closed and roll in and get a quick weight of the car as it was when I raced. Plus air temp can also make a little difference, It was around 54 degrees that day. With a wind resistance directly against the front of the car of about 8mph

#19 ·
Pumbaa said:
I may see if I can run down to the weigh station on I-5 near Enchanted village late at night when its closed and roll in and get a quick weight of the car as it was when I raced. Plus air temp can also make a little difference, It was around 54 degrees that day. With a wind resistance directly against the front of the car of about 8mph
That is where I weighed mine after the meet in August. They usually are closed once it is dark, about 7 pm.

#21 · (Edited)
wow.
bah. never mind. i forgot about that thread.
anyways, nice times. good to see the progress, kinda marks generally where people should be with the listed mods. low 15's. i guess it's not all that impossible for EVOXD (i think..) to make 14.9X... *shrug* anyways, nice times and keep it up man.

[OFFTOPIC] i installed the twm shifter and did ford's bushing mod as well.. with quiksteel. it feels SO nice. now i just wanna shift... who care about driving? it's all about shifting!! haha jk. it's very nice. thanks. [/OFFTOPIC]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.