West coast Hyundai meet in Eureka CA (July 13-17) [Archive] - Hyundai Elantra Forum

: West coast Hyundai meet in Eureka CA (July 13-17)

cclngthr
01-31-2005, 01:40 AM
A group of us in WA state are setting up a major 2-3 day meet located in Eureka CA on July 14-17th. People from Canada will be driving down on Thursday and meeting Pumbaa and I Friday morning and picking other people up as we head south. The meet will be held in Eureka on Saturday and part of Sunday.

We currently have about 200 cars from WA, OR, NV, CA, and AZ. We expect around 350-400 cars as time gets closer to that date.

EVOXD
02-04-2005, 10:29 PM
im going, but im takin my moms tib. hope to see alot of you guys there

cclngthr
02-04-2005, 10:56 PM
We have about 150 cars already confirmed. Those from this area are going to follow Tim and I. I have radar, police scanner and a CB radio and will be monitoring them as we travel west.

EVOXD
02-06-2005, 12:17 AM
sweet well i will be in touch when it gets closer to the date

Pumbaa
02-10-2005, 01:15 AM
For more info go to this post over @ NewTiburon.com

http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31315

cclngthr
02-10-2005, 10:53 PM
We will also keep things updated (as time permits) on this board as well.

pumbaashari
02-16-2005, 06:47 PM
Ok everyone here are the first 50 room we can book in Eureka its at the Red Lion when you book say you are booking with the hyundai group and give them my name shari. if you have any problems ask for lowel or Brandon and they will help.

Red Lion
1-800-733-5466
69.00+tax double or single room

cclngthr
02-20-2005, 12:32 PM
Since I'm in the mood, I am going to set a few ground rules. Since I will be involved and will be bringing Jacob and his G/F Rossanna; which I will be required to uphold behavioral standards set by Rossanna's grandparents (who have custody of her since she is 17), I want everyone to hold themselves to several rules to keep everybody safe and have a good time. These may seem obvious, but they also are often forgotten or ignored.

1. Underage (under 21 years of age) drinking will not be tolerated. Legally, those over 21 and those hosting the event are liable if something happens. To me, their behavior is embarassing and not what I would want to have around. Since we have the gaciousness of the city involved, we must watch our step.

2. Fighting will not occur. While normal disagreements will occur, major fighting will be considered domestic violence.

3. We also need to watch our step regarding male/female relationships (sex) when we are at the hotel especially with those under 21. It is easy enough to be accused of doing something you shouldn't anyway, but at a hotel in another state only makes others look more closely.

4. We also need to watch our behavior in the community. If we drive like an *** or bring the attention of a law enforcement official, it is guaranteed we will be asked to leave and never come back.

I have no problem telling somebody to correct their behavior. I would expect those here would be able to behave like adults instead of children.

Pumbaa
02-21-2005, 08:27 PM
In regards to all the rules for the event, officially there will be a post by Pumbaashari. If anyone has rules they would like to suggest, e-mail me or her, mainly her since she is the event chairwoman. Laws will be followed, that is that. Nothing illegal during the event, I know this is pretty much self explanitory, but, the city of Eureka is going out of their way to help us out at this event. Anyone that does something illegal will be told to leave the event and will not be associated with the event. Refering to the previous posts by CCIngthr, those rules he stated are for him and his people under his custody, the same will be expected of others who will be bringing minors not related to them. Everyone will abide by the California laws if there is any questions about these laws, do a search on google and you will be able to find that information. Again, if you feel something should be posted regarding the event please contact us first, otherwise we will take that information as personal to you, not to the event. Thank you.

-Pumbaa
-Tim
[email protected]
[email protected]
-Shari
[email protected]

Pumbaa
03-01-2005, 01:30 AM
Ok everyone, I know I can just call the hotel to see how many have started to book. But I just want to run a roll call. I will put your name on the website, and I'll start linking each website list. Thanks. :)

rckozma
03-03-2005, 07:57 PM
Since this thread has been reported more than once I am going to close it. Please wait for Pumbaashari to make her official post on this meet.