snowboard trip to jackson hole, wy [Archive] - Hyundai Elantra Forum

: snowboard trip to jackson hole, wy

2loud2k2xd
01-31-2005, 10:19 PM
well i am going to j/h for a week of boarding with a friend. is there any one that wants to meet up while we are there? i will be there from feb 27 to mar 4. .first time out west, and not sure about night life or whats there to do after lifts close at 4:00. thanks

sed
01-31-2005, 10:23 PM
whoa, you are going to jacksonj's hole? does he know about this? You guys are into it like that? not judging, just asking....

nah seriously thats awesome.... are you driving? with boards on top of the lantra? lol thats a funny thought....

shawn :)

2loud2k2xd
01-31-2005, 10:42 PM
whoa, you are going to jacksonj's hole? does he know about this? You guys are into it like that? not judging, just asking....

nah seriously thats awesome.... are you driving? with boards on top of the lantra? lol thats a funny thought....

leavin the ladies at home. they dont know how, and i dont have patients to teach her how to snowboard.
we are flying out there. and the xd doesnt come out in the snow. i have a salt ride for that.

sed
01-31-2005, 10:44 PM
i used to ski all the time, but i have two replaced knees, so i do neither. nor do i ride motocross or do anything fun anymore :(

2loud2k2xd
01-31-2005, 10:47 PM
well in fla, theres always jetskis, or fishing..lol

sed
01-31-2005, 10:49 PM
yes fishing..... lots of fishing. with beer. and jagerů

Pumbaa
02-01-2005, 12:13 PM
I haven't checked the ski conditions in J/H but if their anything like they are in the Cascade mountains here in the NW then good luck, it'll suck. This is the worst year ever. The ski resorts are all closed already. I was up @ Whistler BC 2 weeks ago and it was raining. They lost half the snow they had accumulated. You could only ski on the top half of the mountians. But again, I haven't checked the conditions over there. Maybe its still cold enough that the skiing is good. The average temp here has been in the 40's and 50's.... Worst winter....

2loud2k2xd
02-01-2005, 07:59 PM
avg daily temps have been 29* to 32* lows around 7*
yeah, ive seen the warmer spring like conditions everywhere. oh well, its paid for. no refunds. not that im worried tho. time to hike up then. lol

Pumbaa
02-03-2005, 01:47 PM
thats the spirit

JacksonJ
02-03-2005, 01:56 PM
What are you doing with my hole?

2loud2k2xd
02-26-2005, 08:09 PM
alright everyone, its about time to leave for the airport. see ya in a week

2loud2k2xd
03-06-2005, 04:33 PM
well, here is the lowdown. my friend eric and i met these guys from boston. they were cool irish people. we hung out all week, boarding and partying. those guys can drink. all day, all night.
we boarded for 4 days straight. there was not the snow that was normally there. but it was still great. it snowed 4" monday night, so there was some nice powder tuesday morning. the mountain was incredable(sp). all the runs were really steep. i have never went so fast down a run in my life. and yes, i fell. about 10 times the whole time there. our second day there we took the tram up to the top, then hiked up for 2 hrs up and across the summit. and yes the air up there sucks. its really thin up there. the actual hike was a PITA. the back country was a awesome view. we went on some untracked powder. but when we got to where we wanted to go, the drop in to the chute was intimidating. you had to drop in about 10' into a 12' wide chute that went at a steep angle. the ride thru all the deep snow in the chite to the main runs were awesome. in the mornings the clowds were cutting thru the mountains. it was different boarding down the mountain then boarding thru the clowds. visibility went down to nothing. i loved it.
when the sun came out fully around noon, it was really warm. i actually got sunburn. after a day of hitting the mountain, it is time for the hottub. nice to relax in a 105* hot tub.
off the mountain, there was a really cool atmosphere. all the people were nice and friendly. the food was a little expensive, especially the 40.00 10oz filet i had. by far the best steak i have ever had. there were free tpwn busses and shuttles to take you all around.
all in all the trip was well worth it. i would deffinately reccomend j/h to anyone who is thinking about going there.
as soon as my friend sends me the pics i will but put a link up to them.
dave
ps. next year it off to whistler B.C. for a week and a half. i cant wait:)