Rear seat belt rolled up & wont extend!!!!!!!!!!!! [Archive] - Hyundai Elantra Forum

: Rear seat belt rolled up & wont extend!!!!!!!!!!!!

04Elantra
05-20-2004, 05:55 PM
I actually installed the MUSSA rear strut bar this morning (it fits nicely) :D . During installation, I had to remove the left and right REAR SHOULDER BELT PULLEYS..to properly tighten the strut bolts once the strut brackets were installed.

When I went to stretch out the pulley again from its position on the bottom of the seat (back up to the rear deck) It would not pull out!!!! I made sure that I kept the left one extended when I removed it to avoid it happening on both sides. :cool:

HELP ME....is there a way to release the spool? Considering if I were to purchase a new assembly, it would come rolled up...I would assume there is a way to do this. :confused:
I already tried yanking the belt to get the lock to release to no avail. :mad:

I GUESS NO ONE CAN HELP ME :(

That sucks :(

Steve
05-21-2004, 01:48 PM
I can't find anything on Webtech about it locking when fully retracted. The only thing I can think of is that there is some sort of release on the seat belt assembly, a tab of some sort that needs to be depressed to unlock it all. No doubt you've already looked for that. Can you call the dealership and ask the service guys about it?

Jameson
05-22-2004, 10:11 PM
Some of the Tiburon guys have had this problem, too. If I remember correctly, what you need to do is hold it so it is in the same position it would be in if it were installed, and make sure to keep it that way, and slowly, gently pull the belt out straight, not at an angle. If that doesn't work, I'm not sure what will.

04Elantra
05-24-2004, 06:20 AM
I will try it when i go out later and let you know. Thanks.