Ex-XD member? [Archive] - Hyundai Elantra Forum

: Ex-XD member?

mkjh
10-14-2015, 11:38 PM
http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourc eContext=forSaleTab_false_0&newSearchFromOverviewPage=true&inventorySearchWidgetType=AUTO&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=c2177&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=c7782&zip=90720&distance=50000&searchChanged=true&trimNames=GT&modelChanged=false&filtersModified=true&sortType=DAYS_ON_MARKET&sortDirection=ASC#listing=125182487

Whenever I see a car like this I wonder if it was an ex-XD member. I kinda like this one. I don't really want black and I am on the fence about that spoiler but overall, I like it.

cclngthr
10-15-2015, 01:02 AM
That spoiler look somewhat like an Evo spoiler... If it was a stock XD spoiler, it would fit my tastes.

Elantra2005
10-15-2015, 11:41 AM
That spoiler look somewhat like an Evo spoiler... If it was a stock XD spoiler, it would fit my tastes. I do agree

MrElantra104
10-15-2015, 12:42 PM
You really never know it can be they're used to be so many members but ppl just move on I guess

mkjh
10-15-2015, 12:49 PM
Yeah that does look like an Evo spoiler.

They obviously put some work into the car. I am surprised though that they never upgraded the head unit. Unless of course they took it out and put the original back in to sell it.

songee623
10-15-2015, 04:19 PM
not a fan stick on scoop oversized spoiler, cant say ive ever seen that one on here.

cclngthr
10-15-2015, 10:38 PM
not a fan stick on scoop oversized spoiler, cant say ive ever seen that one on here.

Could be another forum. Hyundaiperformance, at one point had a lot of extensive modded cars.

mkjh
10-16-2015, 01:05 AM
In its heyday, which was the most visited Hyundai car mod website?

When I look in the archives especially between 2004-2010 it seemed like there was a lot of traffic on here. Someone would post something at 8pm and by midnight there would be 15 replies.

cclngthr
10-16-2015, 01:22 PM
In its heyday, which was the most visited Hyundai car mod website?

When I look in the archives especially between 2004-2010 it seemed like there was a lot of traffic on here. Someone would post something at 8pm and by midnight there would be 15 replies.

I have been on forums since 2001, when I had my LC Accent, and Hyundaiperformance was very active then, one, it had sections for all of the cars, but was extremely active until 2009. I joined EXD before 2004, (I think I joined in mid 2003 before SuperGLS was the admin) when I bought my XD. EXD at one time had been on another server and had a different layout. In May of 04 they went to this layout because of all the traffic it was getting. Elantraclub was also quite active, but it seemed to cater to a particular group of people, where the members were doing specific things.

Newtiburon also was very active during that time and I also was on there too.

As far as meets, Newtiburon had more of them, where people would have face to face group meets. Sometimes, the meets included members from here, but here, meets were not as often, and not initiated as much.

I think, with the advent of Facebook, Twitter and other social medium, forums went by the wayside and are not as active due to the Facebook thing.

mkjh
10-16-2015, 01:44 PM
I don't even use Facebook or any social media. I would love to go to a meet. I look at all the pictures of past meets as recently as 2012 which looked like the biggest XD meet and wish I had known about all of this then so I could have gone. They looked like a lot of fun.

beaujohnson11
10-27-2015, 08:45 PM
Im relatively new here but traffic does seem quite low. i used to be in those silly runescape forums and that was hectic. people only use forums nowadays just to look something up, not participate. sad but a reality of newer social media. but my opinion that black is way too shiny for that room.. so much glare! spoiler is neat but quite excessive. scoop.really?

mkjh
10-27-2015, 11:29 PM
Im relatively new here but traffic does seem quite low. i used to be in those silly runescape forums and that was hectic. people only use forums nowadays just to look something up, not participate. sad but a reality of newer social media. but my opinion that black is way too shiny for that room.. so much glare! spoiler is neat but quite excessive. scoop.really?

I agree completely. The spoiler is too much for this car and that scoop looks plain stupid on this car. It's one thing if you look at a car with a scoop and it looks like it might be functional. However, one look at this car and you just know they pulled it out of the packaging, pulled the strips off the 3M tape and slapped it on.