I think I might have found one. [Archive] - Hyundai Elantra Forum

: I think I might have found one.

mkjh
01-03-2016, 12:14 AM
So, check out this 2005 Elantra GT sedan with sunroof. It only has 19,000 miles on it. There is, however, some damage to the left rear. What do you guys think? Is this worth it? I kind of think it is but I would need to get an estimate to see the cost of repairing the rear first.

Does anyone have any idea what that might cost? Do you think this would be a good buy?

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/5384725219.html

MrElantra104
01-03-2016, 04:49 AM
That's really low miles. That's a steal find a shop would estimate the car. And if you do plan on getting it take care of it like a baby

Elantra2005
01-03-2016, 03:16 PM
Sadly the pages says its removed by author

mkjh
01-03-2016, 04:37 PM
They just sent me a message. The car is sold. ****!!!

I was emailing them and I was supposed to meet with them tomorrow. This just sucks.

I am so pissed. 05 gt sedan 19,000 miles. Gone. So pissed.

Elantra2005
01-03-2016, 06:37 PM
They just sent me a message. The car is sold. ****!!!

I was emailing them and I was supposed to meet with them tomorrow. This just sucks.

I am so pissed. 05 gt sedan 19,000 miles. Gone. So pissed. I guess good things sold fast . You need to put the hand faster on the trigger.

mkjh
01-03-2016, 09:08 PM
I guess good things sold fast . You need to put the hand faster on the trigger.

It was just listed yesterday afternoon. I had to work today. And it is about forty miles away.

However, she emailed me and said the car isn't paid for yet. The people buying it said they will come by tomorrow or Tuesday. If they don't, she'll let me know.

I really want this car.

Elantra2005
01-04-2016, 01:26 PM
It was just listed yesterday afternoon. I had to work today. And it is about forty miles away.

However, she emailed me and said the car isn't paid for yet. The people buying it said they will come by tomorrow or Tuesday. If they don't, she'll let me know.

I really want this car.

Don't miss that opportunity

mkjh
01-04-2016, 08:43 PM
If they don't buy it, I will.

mkjh
01-05-2016, 01:35 PM
My fingers are still crossed.

MrElantra104
01-05-2016, 02:22 PM
Mkjh don't miss on it

mkjh
01-05-2016, 03:04 PM
I'm trying not to but someone else beat me to it. They haven't paid yet so I am waiting to see what happens. Hopefully they change their mind or something. We'll see.

Elantra2005
01-06-2016, 01:05 PM
I'm trying not to but someone else beat me to it. They haven't paid yet so I am waiting to see what happens. Hopefully they change their mind or something. We'll see. Tell them its a bad car and its going to break down lol

mkjh
01-06-2016, 01:14 PM
Ha ha. I am not capable of things like that. I get excited about something and people can see it a mile away. I have a hard time concealing my emotions. Everyone who knows me knows that I want this car. My wife wants me to shut up about it. She is tired of hearing about it. I just really want this car.

However I got several estimates based on the pictures and it won't be cheap to fix, but whatever. If I am lucky enough to get it, it will be fixed.

The sad thing about this is that the people who beat me to it are probably looking for any reliable car whether it is a Honda, Hyundai, Chevy, whatever. I on the other hand am only looking for this exact car. If they don't buy this, they will find something else that fits their criteria within a week probably. I on the other hand will probably never find a car exactly like this with those low miles. I have been looking for over a year and the closest I got was that 05 gt in Washington state at 66,000 miles but I blew that opportunity. So we'll see what happens. I still have hope.

Elantra2005
01-06-2016, 01:48 PM
Ha ha. I am not capable of things like that. I get excited about something and people can see it a mile away. I have a hard time concealing my emotions. Everyone who knows me knows that I want this car. My wife wants me to shut up about it. She is tired of hearing about it. I just really want this car.

However I got several estimates based on the pictures and it won't be cheap to fix, but whatever. If I am lucky enough to get it, it will be fixed.

The sad thing about this is that the people who beat me to it are probably looking for any reliable car whether it is a Honda, Hyundai, Chevy, whatever. I on the other hand am only looking for this exact car. If they don't buy this, they will find something else that fits their criteria within a week probably. I on the other hand will probably never find a car exactly like this with those low miles. I have been looking for over a year and the closest I got was that 05 gt in Washington state at 66,000 miles but I blew that opportunity. So we'll see what happens. I still have hope. I know your feelings. To look for a car such a long time can be quite depressing but in the same time its worth that .

mkjh
01-07-2016, 12:26 PM
The buyer is supposed to finalize the sale today. I am still hoping they change their mind. I would love to buy this car. I'll keep you guys updated.

Elantra2005
01-07-2016, 02:28 PM
Good luck!!!

mkjh
01-09-2016, 01:45 AM
It's gone. The seller emailed me and told me it's sold. That sucks so much.

If it delayed another day I was going to offer more money, maybe 500 more. Oh well. It's gone. The search goes on, and on, and on...

Clayton_G4
01-09-2016, 02:24 AM
That sucks. Its going to be tough to find an XD with that little of miles.

mkjh
01-09-2016, 09:00 AM
Yes, but even more specifically, a GT sedan with that few miles. I mean 19,000 miles, that is ridiculously low. I have seen XD's with miles like that, not many, but a few, but not a GT sedan and that's what I want. I'll keep searching.

MrElantra104
01-09-2016, 08:20 PM
Oh damn mkjh you should of gotten it the first time you seen it

mkjh
01-09-2016, 09:14 PM
I tried. I contacted them immediately. But she said someone had contacted her within 15 minutes of it going up. I contacted her an hour after it went up. I tried. I was just unlucky.