Freeway Tire Debris+Elantra GT=Bad News [Archive] - Hyundai Elantra Forum

: Freeway Tire Debris+Elantra GT=Bad News

Atomic
03-24-2005, 03:00 PM
Ok, its not as bad as I thought it would be, seeing it in the daylight. I hit a huge strip of tire last night, easily a truck tire if not semi, that was thrown into my lane from an SUV trying to avoid it, bastard. I had no chance to avoid it so I lined it up to go under my car. Seems my front LED bar & lower part of my bumper took most of the damage. What I'm amazed at is, the acrylic shattered around the LED bar and maybe bent the circut board a bit, but it still works perfectly!! And the bumper is dented in, but the paint wasn't taken off. I guess I got pretty lucky.

I just don't understand why someone would jerk their truck like that to avoid a tire that was in the middle of thier lane anyway. I mean its an SUV for christ's sakes, not a lowrider. Doing dumb **** like that is what causes multi car pile ups. He ended up running it over with his huge tires, so I'm hoping it put some nice holes in them, dumb ***. Ok, I feel better.

kylemorg
03-27-2005, 05:39 PM
Glad the damage is minor and that you're not hurt.

Pictures???

Atomic
03-31-2005, 07:51 PM
Steel Belt vs LED Bar @ 70mph

https://www.elantraxd.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2086&stc=1

SilverBullet
03-31-2005, 09:20 PM
My suggestion: Baja Bumper!!
Sorry to hear about the damage man, but I'm sure you'll have her up and glowing brigther than ever!

Atomic
03-31-2005, 11:21 PM
Any suggestions on repair would be very helpful. Thanks guys.