: Off Topic!!!!!

Robert1955
05-22-2004, 09:06 AM
I thought the idea of an "off topic" section was to be a place to discuss OFF TOPIC junk!!!!!!!!! So how can something be off topic in an off topic thread?? I agree those videos were not the greatest thing to post here, and the links to them may have needed to be removed, but to say that this is a car site, which it is and a great one at that, and that those videos did not belong on a "CAR SITE" is just so much BS. He posted them in the "OFF TOPIC" section like he should have.
I have not been around the boards much lately that is true, but like Blue my work has had me jumping around quite abit and I have not had much time to visit. But the direction I see ElantraXD going in the past 3 months has saddened me quite a bit :( .

watson80
05-22-2004, 09:31 AM
Yes they where off topic but the moderators jobs are to keep everything under a watchful eye. Just because it was off topic doesnt mean it was appropriate. I was not offended by those clips but some people "may" have been. Thats why they had to go. Its not a matter of whether it belonged here or not its the matter of letting members be able to view here and not be uncomfortable with what they are seeing!

Robert1955
05-22-2004, 09:44 AM
I agree the links should have been removed, I think I said that. My main comment was directed at the "this is a car forum and that was off topic" DUHHHHHH.... it was in an off topic thread. You know, the place we are suposed to talk about non car related things.

carbonman
05-23-2004, 04:45 AM
off topic relating to Hyundai's / Elantra's etc etc, perhaps the comment made by myself was taken too literally. Why did you feel the need to start a new topic about something I said in another topic? In fact Robert you didnt even quote me correctly ;)

We have to draw the line somewhere. I decided to draw it there in that instance, if there is anybody who has an issue with that feel free to rant. If you want to see that video do a search on the internet.

If you feel that your civil liberties and the freedoms to make your own choice were completely stripped from you then thats your perogative.

SuperGLS
05-23-2004, 10:53 AM
So how can something be off topic in an off topic thread?? .

I just thought I'd address this specific sentence. The Off Topic forum is for various crap. Within each thread all the posts should remain ON TOPIC (as the person who started the thread probably had something in mind for the thread). I mean, if a thread starts out about someones new dog there is no reason that it shouldn't end up about your cousins broken leg or something.

I hope that makes sense for everyone. I think it's pretty easy to understand.

Also, moderators are going to move threads, and moderators are going to lock threads, and moderators are going to delete threads. So when it happens, just get over it.

100% free webcam site! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=0) | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=2) | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3 (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=4)

Robert1955
05-23-2004, 05:28 PM
Carbon, I do not think it was you I was trying to "quote." Its not worth it to go and see who it was but the comment was made this is a car forum and that the content of the post was not proper for this forum. My only comment is/was it was in the Off Topic forum where it should have been, I was not defending the post having the links, although I guess it could have been interpeted that way.