Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Why was my GB locked?

3K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  rckozma 
#1 · (Edited)
http://www.elantraxd.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6409#post6409

The Group Buy I listed for Kspec.com in the proper section was closed, for no real reason. Here is the quote to why it was closed.

rckozma said:
REDZMANG - if KSPEC wants to do a GB, they need to post the info/GB. Please read the rules before starting a GB. Contact BlueGT for approval.
Thanks.

The following are the rules for the GB section.

BlueGT said:
1. This section is for officially registered businesses only. Private individuals must make their For Sale posts in Marketplace section.
2. One product per thread.
3. Each company is allowed to have only one thread per month (if you would like to be able to run unlimited number of GBs/specials and/or run banner advertisements on EXD.com, please contact me to discuss sponsorship options).
4. You cannot offer a product if there is another company already running a special/GB on it.
1. Kspec.com is an officially registered business. www.kspec.com One of the biggest and most respected Korean Car Part Sites. I've run over 6 very successful GB's with David. I am also an OFFICIAL Kspec.com rep, and part of the company.

2. There is only one product in the thread.

3. This was my first, and probably last thread here. Sorry to try to help the XD guys out.

4. No other companies even offer this product.

I'll pay attention to this thread, and if the other is unlocked I may finish running this GB here, but come on, this is how folks are treated here?

Jeremy "REDZMAN" Zimmerman
Admin & Partner = Kspec.com
Admin = RDtiburon.com

As a last note, yes, the Airram IM will work on your 4 Cyl Elantras, perfectly on the Beta 1, with some modification on the Beta 2.

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
REDZMANG said:
As a last note, yes, the Airram IM will work on your 4 Cyl Elantras, perfectly on the Beta 1, with some modification on the Beta 2.
I have not installed this myself but from the several long conversations with a friend (fordfasterr), yes it will work with a fair amount of modifcation but it will give you NO performance gains. untill i see some dyno sheets with ALL mods done before and after with this intake i will not believe that this product works on the beta 2

#4 · (Edited)
I'm sorry, did not know you actually work for Kspec?

Could have sworn you stated you talked to David. Rule #1 as you quoted - is for registered business'. Private individuals (which would be you unless you work for Kspec) need to post in the Marketplace.

Nothing personal - and don't take it that way.

And we all do appreciate anybody that is looking out for the Hyundai community, but we do have rules.

Too bad people don't know how to handle things through PM's instead of opening flames about something they didn't provide enough info on to begin with :(

#5 ·
RabidDogBoy said:
Maybe he wasn't aware your affiliation with KSPEC... you only have 2 posts so not much credibility, no offense.
I don't post here because I don't have a XD.

I've got about 10,000 posts on the other sites.

I think a PM or asking me would be better.

vabeach_03 said:
I have not installed this myself but from the several long conversations with a friend (fordfasterr), yes it will work with a fair amount of modifcation but it will give you NO performance gains. untill i see some dyno sheets with ALL mods done before and after with this intake i will not believe that this product works on the beta 2
Yeah, fordfasterr, he gets ate up alot over at HA.com. We've got a few members at RDtiburon.com that have the Airram in a NA setup and it responds, there are gains. It's a direct fit to the Beta 1 and the beta 2 guys just need to drill a hole and weld the IAC on it, so it's not much to modify.

Fordfasterr has no clue what he's talking about then, it shows good gains on a NA and GREAT gains on a TC/SC.

It works on both betas. If you don't want it, don't get it, that's not what this thread is about to begin with. Our member in Corpus Christi is looking for a Dyno to go hit his mostly stock Tib up on, he's got a CAI and the Airram in.

#6 ·
As far as the PM - you could have done the same, instead of starting the flame. Don't forget you came here I did not go to your site.

#9 ·
REDZMANG said:
This isn't a flame, I haven't flamed anyone. I can though.

Ask SuperGLS.

LOL

I just posted it in the most correct forum.

You PM me first since you made the mistake. I'll PM ya back.
if it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck.

if its in the flame forum, it must be.

#10 · (Edited)
Alright, so does FordFasterr not know what he's talking about because he's just commenting on a product that he has no experience with? Or does he have no idea what he's talking about because he's one of the only people on this board with firsthand experience with this intake manifold (who just so happens to "question" some of the claimed h/p gains on an N/A motor)?

Fact is that FordFasterr's firsthand experience will go a lot further to convince people on this board than will your posts for two reasons:

1. He has been a member here for a while and has contributed to the board with regard to posts/information and didn't just come on here to start a GB.
2. He didn't initially come on here simply bashing the product. In fact, he was excited about this IM, was looking forward to installing it, and it was only after he installed and tested the manifold that he discovered that the gains on a N/A Elantra were miniscule (if any at all).

Perhaps on a t/c application it performs better, and perhaps on a Tib it works better for whatever reason, but going by the firsthand information posted on here, I don't think you're going to have a lot of people interested; and there's no need to say someone doesn't know what they're talking about simply because their firsthand experience conflicts with the product's selling points.

Isn't the point of selling to get people to want to buy from you (or in this case take part in your GB)? Coming on here and bashing other members isn't going to get many people wanting to get involved in something you're putting together...

regardz,

#11 ·
SPIKE said:
I thought it was a known fact he works with KSPEC there in the US
Hmm - I guess not, all he had to do was intro himself as a rep - then none of this would be going on. BTW I did re-open his GB, hopefully he can get some dynos for those who want/need them.

#13 ·
NOTICE!

As of the date of this notice, Jeremy Zimmerman, known across the internet as "REDZMAN", is an official partner / friend of www.kSpec.com and will act in an official manner in kSpec.com intrests across the Hyundai Community. Please treat him as you would any other official member of kSpec.com.

Also, REDZMAN is the contact if you are intrested in selling your automotive goods under kSpec.com's name in the US. That's right, we are making plans of having a US based office to further your automotive experience with kSpec.com and offer more items that we cannot retail from Korea.

Thank you.

David Lee
Admin / Representative
kSpec.com
Seoul, Korea

Just pulled that off KSpec though I must say I don't really enjoy helping since ford is kinda being bashed a bit ..

#14 ·
Too bad not everone goes there :(

I am guessing this flame is done, the GB has been re-opened.

Like I said before, this could have all been handled better all that had to be done is a PM sent, not a flame started - oh wells.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.