Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

performance

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  2004ElantraGLS 
#1 · (Edited)
ok... i dont know what section this should go under , so i guess this is as good as any.
ive looked at the pix on this site, and they look like some tricked out cars that move. heres the thing... i have a 2002 elantra, that hardly gets out of its own way, and if the a/c is on.. forget it ,,, you aint passing anybody.
is my car a bomb, or do you guys have yours souped up?

#2 ·
I notice only a slight difference in power with the a/c on. It's not enough to really hamper performance, though. Maybe you're due for some maintenance such as air filter change, fuel filter change, and tune up. :confused:

Are you driving a manual or automatic? Mine is an automatic and I notice less effect with a/c on than I did with my manual Elantra. When I had the 5 speed, it did take a little more effort to get the car rolling from a stop with the a/c on. With the auto, you can just mash the gas pedal. :D

#3 ·
I definately recommend a good Tune-up. This should include new Spark Plugs/Wires, air and fuel filters and fluid changes. Run some Fuel Injector Cleaner through the tank as well. This should help your car run better.

I vaguely remember what my Elantra felt like in stock trim. Even then, it wasn't slow. But if you're used to driving a faster car, then I can see that an Elantra would seem slow.

If you still want some more get-up-n-go after the Tune Up, browse through the Forums and start bolting on some performance parts. Don't expect any huge gains, but every little bit helps.

Welcome to the Site!

Regards,
Axel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.