Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

Never Towed anything I need help

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  2GTS 
#1 ·
Hi guys

I need help about putting a trailer hitch on my car.

It will not tow nothing heavy just some bycicles but I don;t want the trunk rack so I decided to try a hitch rack.

Any help concerning hitchs will be appreciated. IE are they car specific?
are they easily installed?
can they be moved from car to car if they are not car specific?

and any other help u guys can provide Thanks

#2 ·
A hitch for the XD is probably specific to our car and most likely could not be swapped from one car to another unless its another XD. Install isn't that hard but my family always had someone put it in for us at the local U-haul joint. How many bikes are you looking to carry? Depending on the cost of the hitch and the rack you might want to also consider a roof rack. That is what I use for our bikes and snowboards and I would never go back to a hitch or trunk mount.

#3 ·
the rack is on sale for 65 bucks and holds 3 bikes (I will move mostly 2)

so is a good price,... Had bad experiences with trunk ones and roof ones are not my first choice since u have to lift a lot the bikes to put them up there..

After biking for a while and get tired the least i want to do is to lift 30 pounds to roof height and have a chance to scratch the car

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.