I'm gonna rob a bank! [Archive] - Hyundai Elantra Forum

: I'm gonna rob a bank!

slvrsleeper
05-04-2005, 03:49 PM
I just read the road test on the SRT-8 in the June Car&Driver and I want one so badly my ears are bleeding! What a bad-*** peice of equipment! And its really a two year old E-class Benz under the skin what could go wrong? I want very very very very very much :rolleyes:

kylemorg
05-04-2005, 03:56 PM
Remember, both Mercedes and Dodge rank lower in initial quality compared to Hyundai (JD power data here: http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2004-04-28-quality-chart.htm)...

Personally, I wouldn't trust a Dodge. I thought about getting an SRT-4, then I remembered that:
1. it's still a Dodge
2. it's just a suped-up Neon.

Also, don't take Car&Driver's word for gospel... remember, they loved the Ford Focus and thought it was the best small car ever built. I've driven a new rental one a few years back, and at the end of the week I was glad in almost every way to get back into my 1996 Hyundai Accent GT!

C&D also had the 1978 Dodge Omni and I think the Gremlin, too on their top ten car lists over the years...

slvrsleeper
05-04-2005, 04:02 PM
Thats why you spend 42K instead of 20K and you get hand me down MB guts with Chrysler power! There was never any problem with the Dodge engines, it was everything else that was crap. And the SRT-8 ain't no souped up Neon I assure you of that.