I got to Drive a right hand drive Subaru :) [Archive] - Hyundai Elantra Forum

: I got to Drive a right hand drive Subaru :)

VTElantra
05-08-2005, 04:34 PM
I got to Drive my Brothers Fiances right hand drive early 90's Subaru Legacy, I was all grins :P I thought it would be bard to drive but it is rather easy, seeing how it is a auto that kinda helps. It isnt a Turbo car but it is a V4 which is a highly wierd engine to look at.

Thats me Driving with my brothers faince in the passenger seat. She is a Rural Mail career, so it is her work vehicle but she does own it.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/6/web/798000-798999/798958_63_full.jpg

2004ElantraGLS
05-08-2005, 06:19 PM
Holy shnikes! You guys have trailer parks way up in VT?? I thought they were indiginous to the South LMAO. So I could move to VT, live in a trailer park, AND have snow in the winter. Woohoo!!! hehe just messin with ya. I live in a rural part of town too, so I know all about trailer and mail carriers ridin around in something other than a postal jeep. I have yet to drive a right-hand drive vehicle....but I'd like to. :)

VTElantra
05-08-2005, 06:40 PM
Trailer park? thats no trailer park just a single trailer on about 5 acres. and the same one above it I assume.I still live with my parents and we got a Manufactured Home (Double wide) on 10 acres. In my town you ahve to own atleast a minimum of 5 acres to put a house on it.

Driving the car was a blast, but I only went maby a mile in it. I did reach for the shifter like normal when I went to put it in reverse, but I got used to driving it almost instantly.

2004ElantraGLS
05-08-2005, 07:39 PM
Hey that's pretty cool. I'm sure a manual transmission would only take a few miles to get use to as well.

On a side note, I have a Mobile Home on 5 acres as well...it's nice to be away from everything, but it can be a pain in the *** at the same time.

evan938
05-08-2005, 08:14 PM
are the pedals the same way as in a LHD car or is the brake on the right and the gas on the left? that would mess me up. and if it had a clutch. id be doomed

Wil
05-08-2005, 08:33 PM
I was driving behind a right hand drive Subaru on the way to work a few weeks back. It kinda freaked me out... at first I thought the car had a passenger but no driver. I finally had to pass it to see what was really going on. :-)

VTElantra
05-08-2005, 08:48 PM
are the pedals the same way as in a LHD car or is the brake on the right and the gas on the left? that would mess me up. and if it had a clutch. id be doomed

The gas and the brake are the same as a left hand drive car, the only thing different is the shifter is to the left of the driver.