Ohio State Trooper Prick [Archive] - Hyundai Elantra Forum

: Ohio State Trooper Prick

900Z1
06-04-2005, 01:22 PM
Just put second coat of wax on Elantra today so I was driving about 45 in a 55
to keep from killing too many bugs. A Dick Head State Trooper goes by and I look in the mirror and see him do a 180, comes up on me with flashers on.
I had no idea why. He comes up to car and says your tint is to low on windshield. I said I thought the law was 5" or to the asi or what ever it is line.
He told me it was 1.5 inches to low, and my drivers window was too dark.
My drivers window is 35 and the law is 50. What a ****ing scab law.
You can be a Paranoid schizophrenic and get a Concealed weapon permit
but mother****er if your tint is a little dark your a Criminal.
Hell I don't live in a drive by shooting area I live way out in the country.
I think we need more ****ed up laws, Going to find a Doctor for a prescription
to keep cocksucker Barney Fife's from ****ing with me.
:mad:

aLoNe I bReAk
06-04-2005, 01:56 PM
I know how you feel man. On my previous car, I had 20% tint all the way around, not "dark" by any means. So I'm driving home from work one night at about 930pm and it starts to rain. I get closer to home and it becomes a downpoor, I mean serious winds and globs of crashing rain. I pull onto my street, I can see my house...then the lights go on behind me. I'm thinking..."what the hell..." So the cop comes up to me with a huge 4 cell Maglite...he's soaked, I mean SOAKED in the rain, and says to me..."tint to dark". It was pitch black out and we were having a monsoon that night, but I got busted....rediculous

sed
06-04-2005, 02:06 PM
guys.

you broke the law. their job is to uphold the law. period.

sorry you got caught breaking the law.

shawn :)

Gun5
06-04-2005, 03:31 PM
anyone have that site for tint laws again? :D

evan938
06-04-2005, 03:45 PM
w00t! 20 second search yields ---------------> http://www.doityourselftint.com/tintlaws.html

900Z1
06-04-2005, 04:43 PM
w00t! 20 second search yields ---------------> http://www.doityourselftint.com/tintlaws.html

This is more current http://home.pcisys.net/~bpc/auto_law/tint/

bikerPA
06-04-2005, 05:28 PM
guys.

you broke the law. their job is to uphold the law. period.

sorry you got caught breaking the law.

not to be a dick, but I gotta agree. Mine are tinted down to max legal 27%; if I ever move out of SC I'm'a hafta gamble on not getting caught... and if I lose, well, so be it.

sed
06-04-2005, 05:38 PM
im not trying to be a dick either. My tints aren't legal. I do a **** load of stuff that isn't legal.

I'm just saying, I never give a cop a hard time for giving me a ticket for breaking the law.

I knew when i tinted the car it was illegal, i knew that i could get a ticket.

so did you, thats the chance you are taking.

If you don't like the law, petition your state senate or move to a state with a tint law that you are ok with, thats pretty much it.

rckozma
06-04-2005, 08:45 PM
sed, I think he was more upset that the windshield was tinted correctly more than the sides being illegal. In Florida that backs can be as dark as you want but the driver's and passenger's front are supposed to be no darker than 30%. I also thought that the front windshield was good to the line.

BigMix
06-04-2005, 09:59 PM
the windshield in ohio is 4" which is usually to the aline on the windshield.

but i have to agree cops in ohio love pulling pulling people over for tint violations. but if you tint them darker then allowed you have to expect that.

Personally i think the front tint strip attracts more attention to your car from cops :)

A&F 01 GLS
06-04-2005, 10:12 PM
why do they care about the tint of cars? I mean what the hell, do they need to see the people? What is the purpose... what would the celebrities do when they have like 5% tint? lol

BigMix
06-04-2005, 10:50 PM
because alot of highway patrol are getting killed because people that dont want them to see them put dark tint on. when the cop comes up to the car they get shot that is why they need to have it light so they can see in the car.

Gun5
06-04-2005, 11:21 PM
Texas-

1988 Model Year and after :
AS-1 / 35% Film / 35% Film / 20% Film / 1988

Tint shop tells me I can do anything on the back but front have to be like 35%.. I want 20% though I keep the front windows rolled down 24/7 when im driving so i dobut it would matter

VTElantra
06-05-2005, 08:36 AM
In Vermont you can have it as dark as you want, but only on the back 3 windows the drivers and passenger seat cant have tint on the window and neither can the winshield.

SuperGLS
06-05-2005, 09:52 AM
I agree.

I still can't understand why people get upset when they get caught breaking the law?

That's like saying "Well, all I stole was one candy bar," and hoping to get off free. Stealing is stealing.

100% free webcam site! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=0) | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=2) | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3 (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=4)

900Z1
06-05-2005, 10:48 AM
because alot of highway patrol are getting killed because people that dont want them to see them put dark tint on. when the cop comes up to the car they get shot that is why they need to have it light so they can see in the car.

It's kind of hard for a Trooper to see inside of a Semi Truck. Mabe they should
pass a Law to make the whole door in a semi is made of glass, and cargo vans
made into flat beds.
I've drove by many Troopers since having my windows tinted, with no problems.
I know a few State Troopers and they don't **** with people with dark tint, unless they look suspicious.
County Cops don't give a **** around here at all about tint.
He pulled me over because he was a PRICK.
I know I exceded the limits of the law, but what a scab ****ing law, I don't smoke weed, I'm not trying to hide anything in my car. I just don't like the sun blasting on my face.
As far a cop's getting killed I doubt if dark tint is the only reason.

kylemorg
06-05-2005, 04:31 PM
Yes, IMO that cop was being a prick, but you decided to get your windows illegally tinted (as have I) and you've got to take your lumps like a big boy... I think we've all had a run-in with a cop that felt like being a prick, but short of going to court (where the cop will probably win anyway), petitioning your state legislature to change the law or (as you mentioned) getting a doctor's note to have tint, there's no other way to get around it.

Oh, and by the way, driving 45 in a 55mph zone is suspicious behavior. It is common for drunks, unlicensed drivers and car theifs to drive slowly in an attempt to avoid notice; most lawful drivers drive just at or slightly above the posted speed limits.

However, since driving significantly under the speed limit is such a common ploy by criminals, the act of driving too slow in and of itself is suspicious. Obviously the cop couldn't see what mental state you appeared to be in thru your dark tinted windows and decided to investigate. ;)

900Z1
06-10-2005, 12:56 PM
Went to my Optometrists today and told him about the PRICK STATE TROOPER.
An eye exam revealed that I am very sensitive to sunlight, and I require tinting of my car windows that block 90% of light to prevent extreme Photophobia while driving.
My old tint only blocked 65% of light and the PRICK did not like it, Now I am getting my windows redone to block 90% of light.
I bet the little PRICK will just love it when I show him the letter my Optometrist
wrote. :D

More Laws = Less Freedom

2BIT
06-10-2005, 03:11 PM
Someday I hope you realize that the Police do not make or pass the laws, it is our State Legislature. The Officer was only enforcing the laws they State Legislature put on the books, which is his job. As someone else said, if you don't like something petition the lawmakers. I suppose if an Officer pulls you over for doing 100 in a school zone he is a prick, when you are the one that broke the law and and made him do his job.
One of the most dangerous times for an Officer is during a traffic stop. He has to be able to see what is going on inside that vehicle. His life depends on it.
Ever think he prolly thinks you are just as big of prick for not following the law to begin with ?

900Z1
06-10-2005, 03:22 PM
Someday I hope you realize that the Police do not make or pass the laws, it is our State Legislature. The Officer was only enforcing the laws they State Legislature put on the books, which is his job. As someone else said, if you don't like something petition the lawmakers. I suppose if an Officer pulls you over for doing 100 in a school zone he is a prick, when you are the one that broke the law and and made him do his job.
One of the most dangerous times for an Officer is during a traffic stop. He has to be able to see what is going on inside that vehicle. His life depends on it.
Ever think he prolly thinks you are just as big of prick for not following the law to begin with ?

Next time you get a speeding ticket for going 2 mph over in a speed trap
thank the cop.

2BIT
06-10-2005, 03:26 PM
Before I went out and got that dark tint cuz you got the little letter, I would be making some inquiries. That letter may not be your magic answer for dark tint, it may just mean yiou gotta go buy some darker sunglasses, otherwise you might get more tickets.

900Z1
06-10-2005, 03:30 PM
The Cop's said the magic letter works, I may get pulled over but the letter works magic! :D

hyunelan2
06-10-2005, 03:56 PM
The tint laws are not only for cops to have the ability to look in, but also for you to have the ability to look out. Sure, tint seems like it should always be darker when the sun's blazing on you, but at night it can become a safety issue, not only for you - but for the guy you didn't see at dusk when you did a quick-check before changing lanes.

As far as the doctor's note: yea, that will save you a ticket. However, you will still get pulled over to have to show the guy the ticket. In which case it causes inconvienience, and the opportunity for the cop to find illegal light bulbs, markers, etc. And God forbid he smells 1 beer on your breath, or you're walking the line.

Best advice is to keep it legal. Being 'neat looking' is not worth the hassle or hazard.

BigMix
06-10-2005, 04:04 PM
10% tint good luck dring at night with that **** on your windows. i had that tint on the back windows of my blazer and you cant see **** but lights... no shadows nothing just the spot the light is. After having that i would never get that dark of tint again.

And i agree with everyone else yeah you may have your little note but cops will pull you over more often with darker tint and hassle you that much more which is what your *****ing about in the first place.

900Z1
06-10-2005, 04:06 PM
I don't usually drive at night, my wife drives her Tahoe if we go at night.

kylemorg
06-10-2005, 05:18 PM
Wait... you're married and you're still throwing fits when you get a ticket? I expected you were 16-20 when I read your earlier posts... :confused:

Emerson
06-12-2005, 04:04 PM
Come to NJ with your drivers side and passengers side tinted, and the trooper will blow you away with 9mm

900Z1
06-12-2005, 05:18 PM
Come to NJ with your drivers side and passengers side tinted, and the trooper will blow you away with 9mm

It might take something a little bigger than a communist cop and a 9mm!