Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

Just can't get ahead in life.

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Kyrol 
#1 · (Edited)
Well I’m starting to get sick of this Hick-Billy town of Cumberland.

It was finally a real mid 80’s day so I went to wash wax and clean the 3.2tl type-s. I also got new tires for it Pirelli P6 4 seasons and wow are they sticky. But anyway After getting everything done and the new tires on I get called to go to work so I take the Acura in and finish up work and want some thing to drink. I stop and get the big 44oz fountain soda from the gas station and go to pullout when a big f350 go roaring around from behind me fishtails and wrecks into the curve causing me to slam the breaks on and spill my drink. Well I’m a little upset to say this but I could care less about them at this point Darwin will take care of them but I have 44oz of mt. dew all over the inside of the car. Well the cops show up and get my half the story of course this guy is shit face drunk and blames it on me said I cut him off inside the parking lot and cause him to lay a patch of rubber and lose control of his truck :eek: . Thank god the cop realized this guy was a dumb ass and wrote him a smeary of tickets and hulled him off to jail and now I will be summoned to court more then likely for the damage he did to KFC’s parking lot. Then on the way home wanting to blow some steam off I crank up the satellite radio to Hard-attack :bowdown: :halm: and blast down the road. Well before long I pass a focus that’s wants to play so I humor him and let him try, of course I destroy him. Then get the ricer fly by when his motor lets go and sprays oil all over the car. HURRAY!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

So tonight I’m out 15 bucks that I spent washing and cleaning the car.
$1.25 for the soda and another $1.25 to replace it.
Then 8 bucks to wash all the oil off the car.

Cost of the evening
$25.50 for other peoples idiocy.

I guess it's just one of those nights that needs to end with a beer or 6 and some tv :(

:edit:
No pics still can't find my camera maybe it grew leggs and walked off :confused: .

See less See more
#2 ·
Cumberland looks beautiful!

Definately one of the most picturesque cities I've seen in the US.

Anyhow, that really sucks about the drunk driver. Fizzy drink spillage is never fun.
LOL @ ricer! Man apart from the oil spraying your car, like if that didn't happen, it would be hilarious. I hope that he had to walk home.

Hope you had those 6 beers!
Cheers!

#3 · (Edited)
mmm beer. yeah I had a few feel a little better now. But that’s a pretty nice pic. The roads are a mess it's not that clean looking but it's not a bad little city. if you drop about a mile south of the pics that’s about where my work is. Then about 3miles east is my house, then the gas station is a little more then a stone throw from Cumberland yard.

some pics from around my work.

East end of the yard a walking path is off the the left with a hand full of houses. Also a small creek runs next to the path.

all the grass is dead and it's all rock now.

spend alot of time sitting here when you are going into Brunswick, MD Pretty much you go into a tunnle and go from West VA to MD.

well thats some aton more but none that show how big the yard is and we have one of the smaller yards. Baltimore is like 5 yards all over the city. One day i will get a camera and take some pics great place to work when the bosses are up in the tower were they need to stay :) .

#5 ·
It's just the luck that runs in my family. I just get above the water then something happens but thats life. Don't get me wrong I am thank full for what I have.

My own house at 21 "buying it not renting it"
My Elantra paid for
My Acura paid for.
lots of family no matter how jinxed we are.
And for everything else theres beer :bowdown:

My car has had it's fair share of beat downs, and for the most part still runs like a champ and in all of it I have never been hurt. Just wish the damn air bags would have gone off at least once in all of it jsut to let me know they work.

On a side note I took some dish soap to the headlights and there is still an oily film on them. Anyone got tips on how to get oil off of plastic without making it hazey and sanding and a bunch of other stuff?

#6 ·
You're just now learning that MD is crap? Haha.

I never take anything to drink in my car unless it's a bottle of water with a top.

That's the reason I wrecked my Voyager, I had to brake hard, my 32 oz drink fell over, I went to pick it up and I was in the back of a Grand Cherokee. Ever since then drinking hasn't been quite as important as driving.

#7 · (Edited)
SuperGLS said:
You're just now learning that MD is crap? Haha.

I never take anything to drink in my car unless it's a bottle of water with a top.

That's the reason I wrecked my Voyager, I had to brake hard, my 32 oz drink fell over, I went to pick it up and I was in the back of a Grand Cherokee. Ever since then drinking hasn't been quite as important as driving.
nice... that was an expensive drink.. my dad had an expensive mc-muffin @ mc-d's he hit a pole in his 2003 supercrew :abovelol: oh my mom was pissed and I think my dad lost his wallet that day to

#8 · (Edited)
Lucky it was just your drink that spilled instead of the truck running over you and killing you. It could have been a lot worse...

Hey, are you one of those "The 44oz soda cup is half-empty" guys?!?! I'd think you'd be happy to be alive rather than all upset about a little soda spillage. Geez... sounds like you need some Prozac or something!

Kind of reminds me of when a friend of my wife's was bemoaining the fact that she backed over her sunglasses (Gucci) that fell out of her bag (Prada) with her car(convertible Jaguar) on her way out (to her private flight lesson) from her house (5 bedroom, seven bathroom house with in-ground swimming pool).

#9 ·
Nahh just been having a rough bit of luck. I think we all get hit like this once in a while. I may have another flame depending on court on the 22nd. but anyway. Yeah I was lucky he didn't hit me but i have soda all over the car now, I spent almost 3 hours detailing it to have it all ruined in the course of 2-3 hours. O well it's a good thing I enjoy cleaning the cars.

#10 ·
Kyrol said:
Nahh just been having a rough bit of luck. I think we all get hit like this once in a while. I may have another flame depending on court on the 22nd. but anyway. Yeah I was lucky he didn't hit me but i have soda all over the car now, I spent almost 3 hours detailing it to have it all ruined in the course of 2-3 hours. O well it's a good thing I enjoy cleaning the cars.
how bad did he wreck the curb?????? i dotn see where the fucking damage happend to KFC? who really gives a fuck he hit it HE pays you had nothing todo it bah.

#11 · (Edited)
Gun5 said:
how bad did he wreck the curb?????? i dotn see where the fucking damage happend to KFC? who really gives a fuck he hit it HE pays you had nothing todo it bah.
Witnesses and stuff. He hit the cruve and like riped the driver side suspesion out ripped out some landscapeing hit a sign and rutted up the black top in there parking lot. when the truck slid on it. he hit it at nearly 35mph. had to of been nailed about 4-5 lenghts behind me came around crossed 3 lanes of traffic and smashed the curve i never heard him let off of the gas.

#12 ·
Kyrol said:
Witnesses and stuff. He hit the cruve and like riped the driver side suspesion out ripped out some landscapeing hit a sign and rutted up the black top in there parking lot. when the truck slid on it. he hit it at nearly 35mph. had to of been nailed about 4-5 lenghts behind me came around crossed 3 lanes of traffic and smashed the curve i never heard him let off of the gas.
someone drunk? :cool:

#13 · (Edited)
hahaha, your story rules.

you got punked out for street racing, and got to see some guys motor likely become scrap metal.

THEN you got punked again for buying such a huge damned cup of mountain dew!

that ALWAYS happens with fawking huge cups. learn the lesson of moderation.

sadly, I envy the excitement of your life...well, maybe halfway envy it...I DID finally fix my fender rubbing problem, AND clean the shit (random car parts/school books) out of my car today. not to mention I nearly crapped my pants after eating breakfast from a mexican food place (real mexican food, by mexicans, for mexicans)

#14 ·
tharptroy said:
hahaha, your story rules.

you got punked out for street racing, and got to see some guys motor likely become scrap metal.

THEN you got punked again for buying such a huge damned cup of mountain dew!

that ALWAYS happens with fawking huge cups. learn the lesson of moderation.

sadly, I envy the excitement of your life...well, maybe halfway envy it...I DID finally fix my fender rubbing problem, AND clean the shit (random car parts/school books) out of my car today. not to mention I nearly crapped my pants after eating breakfast from a mexican food place (real mexican food, by mexicans, for mexicans)
I can only hope his motor is scrap.

It's a better deal to get the 44oz cup then one of the smaller bottles. When we had the get together I think I unloaded about 200 pounds of worthless junk out of my car, that I just kept tossing in the back seat. I haven't been taking very good care of of the elantra so I think it's time I get back to cleaning it regularly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.