Aussies- Detailing Products. [Archive] - Hyundai Elantra Forum

: Aussies- Detailing Products.

ElantraElite
07-06-2005, 10:38 AM
I'm finally taking delivery of my Elantra elite within a few weeks and want to keep her in top condition.

Anyone have any products to recommend for the exterior or interior for the leather and dash? ... oh and windows?

This my first car so I have never brought detailing products. Any methods or detailing product recommendations would be fantastic.

VTElantra
07-06-2005, 11:03 AM
All I do is wash my car and some times I clean the interior. I do have one question. Is the Elite pretty much a GT?

ElantraElite
07-06-2005, 03:13 PM
Yes, us Aussies have to be difficult. The Elite is a GT with just a few differances between them... nothing exciting. The Elite has a fold down arm rest and cargo net...yay! Everything else is exactly the same specs.

Denki
07-12-2005, 04:42 AM
hey elantraelite, i have a 03 GLS and this is what i do every 6 months or so to my car after a wash.

1. Use Meguirs Fine-Cut Cleaner, its simply a high quality level 5 cutting compound.

2. Apply Mothers Deep glaze polish. Then lightly buff with an orbital buffer after removal of the polish.

3. Then apply a final coat of High quality Wet look Wax (dont have the bottle on hand so i cant remember tell u the brand). Then again lighty go over the section with my orbital buffer after i hand rub it in.

And to keep up the nice appearance once a month or so i wax it just to keep a protective coat over the paint.

All the above mentioned products i got from autobarn and cost between $20 - $25 each.

Good Luck. What mods u got planned??

Cheers

Grant

ElantraElite
07-12-2005, 09:09 AM
Thanks for the helpful info. I'll add these products to my shopping list.

Im hoping to do these changes in the near future...
- Change the Headunit to a Kenwood with the Ipod interface (Can't remember the model)
- Change the side markers to Clear for the Hyundai Getz (Their exactly the same except clear)
- Chrome Tweeter covers
- Rear 19.2mm sway bar

I don't mean to disappoint anyone but I don't want to do anything to my engine compartment at this stage. I'm still getting over how quite it is.

Where are you from Grant? I'm from Victoria.

BTW I'm Dean.

Denki
07-13-2005, 08:03 AM
hey dean,

Yeah those bits and pieces should help maintain some nice piant work.

Nice little list so far, but you'll wanna add more to it...... :deal:
Thats cool but its all about the appreciation of a nice car mods are the owners personal thing,

however i would prefer your list to mine:
- Diff rebuild or replace with an LSD
- Replace stock front splits with something decent
- Get rear drivers side 1/4 fixed up (had a small conflict with a truck, needless to say who one..)

Im up on the Gold Coast, hows the weather...

Seinster
07-22-2005, 06:26 AM
Hey Dean,
I'm also very interested in getting the rear sway bar. Are you going to be getting it from PSC? That's the best option I've found...

As for detailing products, I just use turtle wax every 3 months. I use the Turtle car wash every couple of weeks. In summer and spring I use the $1 high pressure DIY car wash weekly.

Cheers guys, have a good weekend!
- Mark

PS: It's cold, but we've had a little sun over the last few days so that makes me :) Nothing compared to up there though... </jealousy>

ElantraElite
07-26-2005, 09:46 PM
I'm not too sure when i want to get the rear swaybar from. If PSC has the 19.2 bar i'd get it from their. The 22 would give me too much over steer.

Thanks for all the help- black is going to be a pain inthe *** to keep clean

Diabolique
07-27-2005, 03:36 AM
Hmmm is it just me or does the paint on the 04's and 05's suck? I am very careful when I wash my car but it looks like I have very fine scratches all throughout the paintwork. Let me know if anyone else has this problem.

Seinster
07-27-2005, 05:14 AM
The paint job on all hyundai's are still a bit dodgy I reckon.
My car doesn't have any scratches but remember, don't ever use a bristle brush on your car! These cause countless scratches.
Also don't have your car detailed at one of those "while u wait" places. It isn't worth the risk!
Only use sponges and a chamois. *although the enjo gloves work really well*

ElantraElite
08-01-2005, 09:14 AM
Yep the paint on the Elantra's is very thin.

The only person detailing my car is me.

After only owning the Elantra for 7 days and 266Km, It needed a wash, Black is a dust magnet. I've used a sponge to wash the car, rinsed, followed by a drying off with a chamois and then hand dried with few lite cotton cloths for each area...

Was I supposed to do the last step? Protecting the paint job is a high priority... (I'm a beginner)

BTW, here are some decent photos after I had washed her: http://photobucket.com/albums/y136/elantraelite/PhotosAugust/