Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

More AutoCross!

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  only1db 
#1 ·
This stuff is addicting. I'm still running the A/S Potenzas, Tirerack has Dunlop Z1's on sale though through their eBay page. $368 free shipping for 4. Anyone care to donate to the cause :angryfire

#2 ·
Dude that's awesome, I'm trying solos next year at the international speedway. But I will use R1 tires.:D and 300 ponies to have fun. Would like to donate but I'm currently 3k short to complete mine.

#5 ·
The Elantra pushes a lot in every corner. I've learned how to control the slides to better my times but it is hell on my tires. The slalom is easy if you get a good rhythm.

Yes they have never said anything about my cracked windshield.

#4 ·
cracked winshield lets in more air to the cabin keeping the driver cooler and helping him under pressure.

Also, seems like you need more low end TQ, cam gears and playing with them (if you have them or get them that is). just to help ya out of the turns. buddy of mine does auto-x with a non-turbo wrx with just bolt on's mainly focused at low end TQ. does pretty damn good for a car that gets beat my my mazda on the drag

#7 ·
Here's what I did to combat understeer: stickier tires in the front than the rear, use significantly more negative camber in front than rear, upgrade to tib sway bar in the rear, overinflate rear tires. Any one of these things will help.

If you do them all, you can easily make your Elantra tail happy and prone to oversteer. Which is great fun (and teaches you car control) but limits your corner entry speeds and speed through l/r/l or r/l/r transitions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.